Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've noticed another wave of TP shortages lately--I was just in my local CVS an hour ago and they were out of a lot of brands. I've started to stock up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      I've noticed another wave of TP shortages lately--I was just in my local CVS an hour ago and they were out of a lot of brands. I've started to stock up again.
      I have over 200 rolls of Charmin Gold!

Comment

• Our hairdresser called us 2 days before our next visit to say she had Covid. Caught it from a client. we've been 4 times and everything was set up for safety. Plastic sheets between stalls, everybody masked. Kinda scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          You have 10+ roommates???

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
            You have 10+ roommates???
            There's 18 of us (kids, spice, gkids) and in April, they all came to me for supplies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              i certainly hope you're kidding here

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                i certainly hope you're kidding here
                Sadly, no.
                My box store sells them in 48-roll packs and I have 4 packs. A little over a month ago I mentioned that I had become a germophobic hoarder: TP, paper towels, Lysol spray and wipes. They have been plentiful here for 2 months, so it's not like I'm denying anyone theirs. I think this 3rd wave will dwarf the other two and last till Spring.

Comment

• Headline - Birx urges stepped-up coronavirus response, warning of ‘most deadly phase of this pandemic’: report

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    Our hairdresser called us 2 days before our next visit to say she had Covid. Caught it from a client. we've been 4 times and everything was set up for safety. Plastic sheets between stalls, everybody masked. Kinda scary.
                    Assuming she's had hundreds of clients since the pandemic began, she's probably been exposed to other infected clients before this one who transmitted it to her. It was the safety protocols that enabled her to avoid infection until now (and likely reduced the viral load of her latest exposure so she'll hopefully have a mild case).

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Assuming she's had hundreds of clients since the pandemic began, she's probably been exposed to other infected clients before this one who transmitted it to her. It was the safety protocols that enabled her to avoid infection until now (and likely reduced the viral load of her latest exposure so she'll hopefully have a mild case).
                      Turns out it wasn't a client but a friend and neither were wearing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                        Turns out it wasn't a client but a friend and neither were wearing masks.
                        Aha!

Comment

• States with highest % of Nursing home deaths: Kentucky: 82.6%. Minnesota: 69.2%. Massachusetts: 68.5%. Connecticut: 62.5%. After April most of these deaths could have been prevented with a full court press.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp
                            States with highest % of Nursing home deaths: Kentucky: 82.6%. Minnesota: 69.2%. Massachusetts: 68.5%. Connecticut: 62.5%. After April most of these deaths could have been prevented with a full court press.
                            That's way too many. And it's the most vulnerable population.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                              My wife works in an elementary school.

Long story on this one but a co-worker of my wife has tested positive.....she stupidly showed up for work on Friday with symptoms of at least a bad cold which was recognized by her manager and she wasn't sent home until 6 hours later....so my wife who works closest with her amongst all of the other workers has been sent home for two weeks. The disturbing thing to me is the instructions my wife received were to "not tell her other co-workers" about the virus by the same manager.

Either the manager doesn't understand HIPAA (my wife found out about the positive from her co-worker) or my wife misunderstood the instructions. To me, secrecy or attempting to keep this quiet is an unforgivable act which I will act on if anything negative occurs to anyone within the chain of this case. Even if nothing were to occur I may raise the issue with the school district and/or those who would be more than happy to make this very loudly public.
                              From an experience in my office when we had a positive, we determined that, in addition to individually notifying anyone that can be identified as being in "close contact" with the positive employee (so they could quarantine), the employer has a duty to put out a general notice to all employees who work in the same general area as the positive employee (so they can self-monitor more closely for symptoms). There are privacy rules (from the ADA, I believe) that protect the employee from unauthorized disclosure of their condition, but in our case the identity of the employee got out pretty quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                                My wife works in an elementary school.

Long story on this one but a co-worker of my wife has tested positive.....she stupidly showed up for work on Friday with symptoms of at least a bad cold which was recognized by her manager and she wasn't sent home until 6 hours later....so my wife who works closest with her amongst all of the other workers has been sent home for two weeks. The disturbing thing to me is the instructions my wife received were to "not tell her other co-workers" about the virus by the same manager.

Either the manager doesn't understand HIPAA (my wife found out about the positive from her co-worker) or my wife misunderstood the instructions. To me, secrecy or attempting to keep this quiet is an unforgivable act which I will act on if anything negative occurs to anyone within the chain of this case. Even if nothing were to occur I may raise the issue with the school district and/or those who would be more than happy to make this very loudly public.
                                From an experience in my office when we had a positive, we determined that, in addition to individually notifying anyone that can be identified as being in "close contact" with the positive employee (so they could quarantine), the employer has a duty to put out a general notice to all employees who work in the same general area as the positive employee (so they can self-monitor more closely for symptoms). There are privacy rules (from the ADA, I believe) that protect the employee from unauthorized disclosure of their condition, but in our case the identity of the positive employee got out pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X