Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
    The California Department of Public Health sent out a release Friday sounding the alarm not on COVID-19 this time, but about a "significant complication" of a sexually transmitted disease.

The state health department said that in recent months, it has received reports of a severe form of gonorrhea called disseminated gonococcal infections, "which is an uncommon, but significant complication of untreated gonorrhea."

https://www.kcra.com/article/califor...rhea/34742869#

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post

It really is shocking to have a conversation with a young person today. What was common knowledge when I was a kid in the early 80s is a complete mystery to most kids today. On the other hand there is allot of stuff that we did not know about technology that kids today know like the back of their hand. Kids today can learn so much more on youtube than even those of us with encyclopedias could.
      Sometimes it's pretty shocking to have conversations with an age peer as well.

Comment

• My youngest daughter opted for her only remaining son at home to online his sophomore year HS. She has been "helping" him and says the workload is overwhelming and the classes are more difficult than her Masters in Geology/Geophysics. Her biggest concern is lack of peer interaction and "mommy burnout".

Comment

• On Tuesday had my hair cut by my haidresser who had just spent 2+ weeks at home with Covid. On Wednesday I saw my Cardiologist. His nurse had spent three weeks battling covid. Both had husbands who caught it. It's getting more common to know someone who has had it and survived. I'm not even going to guess how many at the gym have had it...and probably didn't know they had it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            I don't know which type of math you're using, but the type I use says 250K is more than the 48K for suicide.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
            I use the kind of math that includes multiplication. It allows us to see that the per year deaths must be multiplied by the number of years to reach a conclusion about the total number of deaths. And since suicide deaths have been occurring for more than 1000 years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_suicide)... well, its kind of a no brainer.

When you weigh in the fact that suicide has taken a fantastic toll on the young and healthy (I have known star students, admitted into ivyleague schools you have taken their own lives) it is really absurd to compare the 1/4 million deaths of those weak and susceptible over the age of 70 with suicide numbers over millennia and suicide shows every sign of continuing into the future. There is no vaccine for it. If suicide is a thermonuclear reactor of death then this virus is a flash in the pan.
            Last edited by user4; 11-21-2020, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely bewildering

Comment

• local guy saves dog from Alligator.

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...ra/6375201002/

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  Absolutely bewildering
                  Maybe someone we know needs to hire him for his legal team

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    Maybe someone we know needs to hire him for his legal team
                    I'm not a lawyer, I didn't even sleep at a holiday inn last night .. but give me a few seconds and I can multiply for you !
                    Last edited by user4; 11-22-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                      The NJ Governor has limited Thanksgiving Dinner to ten. We normally have about fourteen but for reasons unrelated to COVID-19, we will only have eight - four siblings and family members.
                      126935132_10219798965986470_4585900806333917932_n.jpg

Comment

• If the weather cooperates, I plan to be at a small Thanksgiving gathering (less than 10 people), outdoors, with masks, and within easy driving distance so no airport crowds to deal with. When masks come off to eat, households will eat at separate tables.

But sadly, there are thousands who won't be alive for next year's Thanksgiving solely because they or people close to them refused to do any mitigation for their Thanksgiving plans for this year.
                        Last edited by 18.99s; 11-24-2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• I have three extended family holiday groups. The main close-knit, far-flung group, which is about 20 people all agreed to cancel Thanksgiving this year in anticipation we will all be around for next year. Will have a small local family dinner with those I see frequently. The third Lonewolf group is scattered from Stillwater, Ok to Tulsa, OK, Flagstaff, AZ, Ossining NY, and Riga, Latvia... not gonna try to round up that bunch

Comment

• We will have 7 around our Thanksgiving table - my wife and I, and our 5 dogs. The dogs will not wear their masks, which kinda ticks me off, but so be it.

Comment

• I am flying to Wellington this weekend for a first cousin "pot luck" lunch. Expecting about 100 to attend. As I have 54 first cousins on my Maori side (Mum was from England) attendance could have been way bigger if everyone attended with their kids, grand kids and in a number of cases great grand kids. My Dad's oldest brother had 17 kids. (No TV)

Just thankful that we have no restrictions and zero community spread.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                                I have three extended family holiday groups. The main close-knit, far-flung group, which is about 20 people all agreed to cancel Thanksgiving this year
                                Same here. We are 18, but this year, we are 6.
                                Still very thankful that all are healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X