Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Yes, all the bins are jammed. I have never put anything there. My back-pack (w/computer) goes under my seat.
    For trips of under a week, I usually pack everything into my carry-on bag and don't check in any suitcases, so the bag would require a tight squeeze and rob me of leg room if it has to go under the seat. And yes, I have had the airline lose my checked-in bags before.

Comment

• I've had airlines lose bags, but only once did they not eventually find a bag. The delay has been anywhere from 12 hours to two weeks.

Comment

• Ohio club cited for Covid violations after 500 people attend indoor Trey Songz concert

The hundreds of largely maskless patrons were observed sharing alcoholic beverages and making no attempts to maintain social distancing, the Ohio Investigative Unit said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ndoor-n1250302

Comment

• IMHO, if a single death results from this event, the owners of the club should be indicted for homicide.

Comment

• Hmm, Florida gets between 1 and 2 million doses, & Texas gets 1.4 million. Meanwhile California gets 327,000 and New York 170,000. The allocations were supposedly based on pro-rated population.
            Last edited by J Rorick; 12-09-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
              Hmm, Florida gets between 1 and 2 million doses, & Texas gets 1.4 million. Meanwhile California gets 327,000 and New York 170,000. The allocations were supposedly based on pro-rated population.
              that's treading on political ground, but I see no way around it, assuming the numbers are correct.

Comment

• News you can use - Old Guy Edition:

Thanks to covid I have not seen my barber since February (a record). Now in my 60s, my hair and beard are both at record lengths, easily besting my early-'80s college PRs. No pony tail yet but I could if I wanted to, both hair and beard (although not together!)

All that said to say that I don't see my ears very much anymore. Turns out when I went to trim ear hair today for the first time in a while, it was much much easier than normal because I'd waited long enough to be able to easily grab hold of the thistle of useless keratin.

You're welcome . . .
                Last edited by bad hammy; 12-09-2020, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  News you can use - Old Guy Edition:

Thanks to covid I have not seen my barber since February (a record). . . .
                  piker! I haven't seen mine since March of 2018!

Comment

• One of the joys of being single - and self-employed - is getting my hair cut when I feel like it lol. Considering my social life has been curtailed significantly due to covid it had been growing out since last winter. But my hand was forced last month when the extension for expired driver's licenses was set to end December 1st(my license expired in April). So I got my normal trim, and wouldnt you know it the next week the governor extended the grace period to next July! Needless to say I'll be rolling in for my new license some time the last week of June - my license being 14 months "expired" lol.
                    https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

Comment

• I bought clippers back in the spring and cut my own hair. I've always hated getting my hair cut....I'd rather visit the dentist...so the pandemic has already had a positive on my life and saved me a few bucks as well.

No....I don't know why I hate getting my hair cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

California due to receive 2 million doses by end of this month("first wave").

Everything I've read says 40 million doses (2 x 20 million people) are due in the "first wave" by the end of the year. California has 39 million people - that's 11-12% of the nations's population. Why are we getting only 5%?

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                          One of the joys of being single - and self-employed - is getting my hair cut when I feel like it lol. Considering my social life has been curtailed significantly due to covid it had been growing out since last winter. But my hand was forced last month when the extension for expired driver's licenses was set to end December 1st(my license expired in April). So I got my normal trim, and wouldnt you know it the next week the governor extended the grace period to next July! Needless to say I'll be rolling in for my new license some time the last week of June - my license being 14 months "expired" lol.
                          Better carry a printed version of the order that extended the grace period, in case you're pulled over by an ignorant cop who doesn't know about the extension.

When they extended the deadlines for driver's license renewal and car registration in my state, they said whenever you eventually renew, the new expiration date will be based on the old expiration date. You're not getting X years tacked on to the date when you apply for renewal, so there's no long term benefit to waiting to renew if you're able to safely renew (i.e. online, or at an off-peak time in the DMV when you're able to social distance and don't have to wait long inside the building).

Comment

• The Kardashians have canceled their Christmas party this year!

No one does the holidays quite like the Kardashian-Jenner clan, but things are different this year, according to Khloe Kardashian.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                              The Kardashians have canceled their Christmas party this year!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/enter...vid/index.html
                              No! And I had already bought a tux with matching mask & cumberbund........

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                The Kardashians have canceled their Christmas party this year!https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/enter...vid/index.html
                                Wait, what??!! My entire 2020 is RUINED!
                                RUINED, I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X