Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I have some of those V-neck T-shirts. Do they still make those?

Comment

• From the NYT.
      Re Moderna's vaccine.

People should be prepared to feel under the weather for a day or two after each shot, they said, and may need to take a day off work.

Moderna’s study found that 91.6 percent of recipients had sore arms, 68.5 percent had fatigue, 63 percent headaches, 59.6 percent had muscle pain, 44.8 percent had joint pain and 43.4 percent had chills. Some participants also had swollen lymph nodes in the armpit on the side where they received the injection.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/17/h...a-moderna.html

Hmm? Pfizer or Moderna? My guess is the latter will be more available.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        Hey, I have some of those V-neck T-shirts. Do they still make those?
        Yes, Amazon sells several brands of them.

(full disclosure: I have stock in Amazon, which I've owned since before the pandemic (ka-ching!$$$))

Comment

• When I buy a white shirt as an undergarment, I always buy V-neck, rather than T. You don't need Amazon. Most department stores sell, as does Lands' End.

Comment

• Headline - Washington Monument closed down after Interior Secretary tests positive for COVID-19

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/3958784001/

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              Headline - Washington Monument closed down after Interior Secretary tests positive for COVID-19

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/3958784001/
              until you read the story, headline sounds right out of The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                When I buy a white shirt as an undergarment, I always buy V-neck, rather than T. You don't need Amazon. Most department stores sell, as does Lands' End.
                As a Naval Officer, I had to wear V-necks under my Trop Whites or Khakis. 'Gentlemen do not show their underwear.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  As a Naval Officer, I had to wear V-necks under my Trop Whites or Khakis. 'Gentlemen do not show their underwear.'
                  Aha!!! Same thing in the Army. That is why I have those V-necks. Must have acquired pre-1955. Still serviceable. I don't believe in giving up on a piece of equipment or clothing just because it has a few years on it.
                  Last edited by lonewolf; 12-19-2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Covid-19 pandemic: Sweden reverses face mask guidelines for public transport

Sweden's government is recommending wearing face masks on public transport during the rush hour, reversing its earlier Covid guidance.

It will also cut from the current eight to four per table the number of people sitting together in restaurants, and ban alcohol sales after 20:00.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55371102

Comment

• 25 hours after the vaccine, nothing but a sore shoulder, maybe a little more than a tetanus shot but nothing major.
                      Last edited by DrJay; 12-19-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        I don't believe in giving up on a piece of equipment or clothing just because it has a few years on it.
                        As I often told my HS seniors when they tried to act all grown up, "My socks are older than you."

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          25 hours after the vaccine, nothing but a sore shoulder, maybe a little more than a tetanus shot but nothing major.
                          I can take care of that - I'm good with sore shoulders

Comment

• About 2 years ago my wife threw away from favorite golf shirt - because it had a couple small holes in it. I got it in 1987 at Harrad's in London - only had about 30 years on it - was still good. I was not happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                              About 2 years ago my wife threw away from favorite golf shirt - because it had a couple small holes in it. I got it in 1987 at Harrad's in London - only had about 30 years on it - was still good. I was not happy.
                              Absolutely. We were in Maine in 2007 and I bought a t-shirt in a gas station for $5. It was very light-weight, light-blue, and said 'Maine' in white block letters. It was so simple and comfortable, I may have worn it it a little too often for the missus, and it started to become threadbare. One day, without my knowledge, she tossed it. I mourned it for a good 6 months.

Comment

• The jewel in my wardrobe/accessory crown, that I am wearing as I type, is the embossed western leather belt that my grandfather wore when he and his brother homesteaded Gove County, KS in the 1880s. It is still thick, strong, and pliable. Goes great with a Texas Relays buckle.

I found the belt in a trunk in 1955 exploring the original, still intact canyon wall dugout. My grandfather returned to Missouri circa 1896, married, and moved on to homestead in Kiowa County. Oklahoma in 1902. His brother stayed behind, farming both homesteads, living in the dugout until the one-room, post-oak limestone schoolhouse on their land was abandoned circa 1939. His brother lived in the schoolhouse until he died sometime in the winter of 1944-45. They found his body in the spring when he did not show up to pick up his winter mail at the Elkader post office. I also found in the trunk new silk shirts, still wrapped in tissue paper, that his Kansas City sisters sent him circa 188?. Apparently, silk shirts were not in vogue on the frontier.

Comment

Working...
                                X