Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN1965
    replied
    Fake CPA who bought a new home using money he got through federal Covid-19 relief funding sentenced to four years - CNN

An Arizona businessman highlighted in a CNN investigation has been sentenced to four years in prison for fraudulently securing millions of dollars in federal Covid-19 relief funding -- using a chunk of the proceeds to buy a Porsche and a new home, according to the Justice Department.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    A couple of friends I was going to meet with are instead isolating at home recovering from Covid. The guy had symptoms soon after returning from a recent business trip (he works from home 100%, so he's not normally exposed at the workplace), tested positive a few days later, and then his wife and daughter got the symptoms but his son didn't.

Nobody else got tested; they just drew the logical conclusion that they also got Covid. As a result, the official case count is just +1 for the family, even though the actual count is really 3 (or 4 if the son has an asymptomatic infection). Goes to show how vastly undercounted the case numbers probably are, particularly for cases that didn't result in hospitalization or death.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    We'll get our boosters in June. 4 months post last booster. Just like good little boys and girls we follow the CDC
    I am really bored with this covid stuff. I have turned scheduling booster shots..and haircuts...i over to my daughter.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
    A couple, friends of ours, just got back from a cruise. They got a call from their friends who also had been on a different cruise, and had just tested positive for Covid. Our friends had been feeling under the weather, got tested, and also tested positive. Everybody seems O.K. but all over 80.
    My poor daughter. For her HS Graduation 2021 we had a cruise booked since 2019 - how you must do it to get what you want. Since she was a Freshman she said she wanted a cruise for her Graduation Trip (her older sister chose NYC - glad we got that in in 2018). Well of course it was cancelled. But she's never given up on the idea of a cruise.

I don't know. The hassle and the uncertainty makes me never want to cruise again. It's not a covid fear, it's a fear of the unknown concerning cruise line policies, ports-of-call policies, last-minute cancellations, etc...

Don't know if we'll cruise for the foreseeable future. We did one in 2016. It was cool. We might be "one-and-done" unless it's Viking-type River Cruise when we retire (in a couple years!!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Man in Germany receives 90 COVID-19 vaccines so he could sell vaccine cards

https://www.wcpo.com/news/world/man-...-vaccine-cards

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    A couple, friends of ours, just got back from a cruise. They got a call from their friends who also had been on a different cruise, and had just tested positive for Covid. Our friends had been feeling under the weather, got tested, and also tested positive. Everybody seems O.K. but all over 80.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    We'll get our boosters in June. 4 months post last booster. Just like good little boys and girls we follow the CDC

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Sorry to burst any bubbles, but I checked with my favorite ID guy at Duke (2022 Final Four Champions) - he said we should get the 4th shot but he thinks we should a few months - both Pfizer and Moderna are adjusting the boosters to work better on the current variants. Mrs Bambam and I decided to wait a bit after talking to him,

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Yesterday mrs. hammy & I got the newly-approved second booster, switching from Pfizer to Moderna to get some of that crossover action.

First time we've done this vaccine stuff without an appointment, instead going to a first-come first-served drive-in place. It paid to get there early: because of our schedules we went separately - I got there about ten minutes before they opened and with ten people in front of me it took about an hour; she got there about 20 minutes after they opened and it took her three hours.

Lesson learned is don't go the no-appointment route on the day they open a new booster for business - there was a lot of demand. We would have waited a few days but we're taking our first plane flight in five years this Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Study finds ivermectin, the horse drug Joe Rogan championed as a COVID treatment, does nothing to cure the virus (yahoo.com)

The so-called TOGETHER study, conducted in Brazil, is the largest clinical trial into the effects of ivermectin on COVID to date and generally supports the findings of smaller studies, which have also found no significant benefit to ivermectin treatment.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    I can only imagine the murmurs in the crowd seeing spacemen passing through customs. "Will the passengers arriving from the year 2317 please meet their party at Baggage Claim 4".

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    Flying in from a trip to Costa Rica last weekend we stood in a long line to clear customs at LAX. We knew that California and US mask mandates were being relaxed so it was an attention grabber to see 8 people dressed in full hazmat suits (hoods, transparent masks with big filters, rubber boots, gloves, taped at ankles and wrists) all walking single file pulling identical roller bags. They were directed to a special customs line and left in a hurry. Some Googling led me to believe they might have been a flight crew arriving from Hong Kong or Shanghai.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Just another example of politicians passing legislation, not to make anything better, but to appease their base.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    So pharmacists don't have a version of the Hippocratic Oath . .. first do no harm . . . ?
    I'm no expert, but I thought the rap on those two were that they were ineffective, not that they were harmful, unless taken in excessive doses. I suppose every drug, taken in does beyond that prescribed would carry the same potential for harm.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    So pharmacists don't have a version of the Hippocratic Oath . .. first do no harm . . . ?
    How can you do harm to someone who thinks it's a miracle cure?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X