Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
      That's not very friendly Dr Jay 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
        A T&F themed meme...
        Quite a few US men 4x100 fit right in here

Comment

Hey, Tuariki,sent you a PM a few weeks ago. Update from yesterday, my son, sophomore at CU Boulder, applied for study abroad in Dunedin (U of Otago) for July 6-November this year. The application was well before COVID-19 was a problem. Well, he was just accepted yesterday. CU had canceled study abroad in some countries, like Japan, but I guess not NZ, Australia, and maybe others. From my perspective, I'm pretty dubious about letting him go, even if it's possible. From your perspective, is NZ likely to let in study abroad students from the US in early July? Wasn't or isn't there a 14-day mandatory quarantine for foreigners entering NZ?

Comment

H..is NZ likely to let in study abroad students from the US in early July? Wasn't or isn't there a 14-day mandatory quarantine for foreigners entering NZ?
            from my perspective, the first question is, "do you/he really want to spend 15-odd hours crammed into an aluminum cigar with a few hundred other people?

Comment

Believe me, I've though of that. Very dubious about the whole affair. He's realistic about it. But maybe it will just all disappear when the dogwoods bloom.....

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is there an animal whose stupid members cause as much grief for the smarter ones as humans? No, because animals don't hold elections.
                  Last edited by ; 04-03-2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Hey, Tuariki,sent you a PM a few weeks ago. Update from yesterday, my son, sophomore at CU Boulder, applied for study abroad in Dunedin (U of Otago) for July 6-November this year. The application was well before COVID-19 was a problem. Well, he was just accepted yesterday. CU had canceled study abroad in some countries, like Japan, but I guess not NZ, Australia, and maybe others. From my perspective, I'm pretty dubious about letting him go, even if it's possible. From your perspective, is NZ likely to let in study abroad students from the US in early July? Wasn't or isn't there a 14-day mandatory quarantine for foreigners entering NZ?
                    Just responded Jay to your PM.
                    Sorry, didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

from my perspective, the first question is, "do you/he really want to spend 15-odd hours crammed into an aluminum cigar with a few hundred other people?
                      Actually GH, if you can even get a flight, this is the time to do so, as flights into New Zealand have been very empty. Of course, the issue is do you want to be sealed in with the possibility of spending 15 hours hoping you have avoided covid-19.

Comment

this llink is also in the main coronavirus thread, but check out what happened to a British hiker on the South Island

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ip-of-covid-19

Comment

More online learning - https://www.facebook.com/4947754/pos...1372429382200/

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            this llink is also in the main coronavirus thread, but check out what happened to a British hiker on the South Island

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ip-of-covid-19
                            There were a number of others who also emerged from the bush after hunting or tramping to find out the world had changed.

I imagine though, that this is a scenario being played out in most countries.

Comment

Someone just sent me this bit of news:

The American Medical Association has weighed in on the government's Corona strategy: The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves. The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve. Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!” The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter.” The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no. In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X