Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Dabo-ssociation with the meek and harmless doorknob.
    I watched a great SEC special about LSU's awesome 2019 season and guess who Orgeron reminds me most of?! They both have enormous passion with a keen eye for detail. And they both recruit very well and have created a 'process' (boo Saban!) that gits-er-done. And boy, do they LOVE their kids.

Comment

• I don't really understand the stone-cold hatred for any coach in any sport, unless they have personally wronged you and not apologized.

Comment

• how about a blanket antipathy towards all college football coaches?
        Last edited by gh; 05-16-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
          how about a blanked antipathy towards all college football coaches?
          There are good ones and bad ones, just like in any profession.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
            Absolutely.
            Woody Hayes and Frank Kush were worthy of dislike, and Joe Pa, as it turns out, was contemptuous, but people like David Shaw at the Red Tree Farm, are great people and coaches.
            There's plenty more where they came from.

Comment

• U of Florida AD Scott Strickland says UF would be open to hosting NFL practice and games on campus. UF President Fuchs says he anticipates students on campus for classes this fall.
              Think LSU says they will have football players on campus June 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                What kind of college track and field could exist without football and basketball to support it? Bus trips for dual and triangle meets?
                Not the quality of track and field we see today, that's for sure. I think it would look more like Division II track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Not the quality of track and field we see today, that's for sure. I think it would look more like Division II track and field.
                  Wouldn’t that be good for the sport to see people compete against nearby schools?
                  Last edited by Dave; 05-16-2020, 04:06 AM.

Comment

The way I see it, there will be no major golf tournaments this year, no Grand Slam tennis tournaments, no Stanley Cup, no NBA Finals, no World Series, no Grand Tour bike races and no Triple Crown horse races. Anyone disagree?
                    Quote from 03/24/20 - quite prescient.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      how about a blanked antipathy towards all college football coaches?
                      I agree with that sentiment...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                        U of Florida AD Scott Strickland says UF would be open to hosting NFL practice and games on campus. UF President Fuchs says he anticipates students on campus for classes this fall.
                        They are crazy....

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Exactly correct

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                            LSU Coach Ed Orgeron is pretty close to Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards (Orgeron campaigned for him last year) and Edwards has been one of the most cautious governor with respect to COVID-19, so I don't Orgeron doing anything that defies Edwards.

Comment

But the talent level would be much higher than the current D2 competition. Aside from the very few who could turn pro right after high school (Normans and McLaughlins), most athletes would still go to college. How much the quality declines because of other factors is anyone's guess. But it won't fall to the level of the current D2.

Comment

• In the meantime, KLPGA got started without spectators. Golfers based in the US and Japan had to go through two week quarantine, but that did not stop one of them from getting the lead after two rounds.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/seo...mpionship-lead

Comment

Working...
                                X