Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    They're only 3 years old, frevinsakes!
    Yes, but that's true every year, when the traditional 1 1/2 mile distance is run.

Comment

• I'm not much of a golf watcher, although I tend, llike tennis, to watch the majors. For sheer numbers of people in contention coming downt to the wire, this PGA is fabulous!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
        I'm not much of a golf watcher, although I tend, llike tennis, to watch the majors. For sheer numbers of people in contention coming downt to the wire, this PGA is fabulous!
        Fun to watch a real sporting event again that means something

Comment

• There's been plenty in Europe to watch...

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Sources: Attempts to salvage the fall 2020 college football season are all but over. “It’s gotten to a critical stage," one told SI. "I think all of us will be meeting with our boards in the coming days. We have work to do that is no fun.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByPatFord...89868237848576

Comment

• Sources: Big Ten presidents and chancellors scheduled to speak tonight to discuss the future of the season. Sentiment from the call yesterday indicated there was momentum at the presidential level to cancel fall sports. Unclear when a decision will come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThame...90760253153280

Comment

• Sources: Power 5 Conferences Moving Toward Canceling Fall Sports

"In the next 72 hours college football is going to come to a complete stop,” one industry source said.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020...mpression=true

Comment

• Big Ten leaders meet as college football season sputters toward collapse

The Big Ten conference is deep in discussions about the fate of the league’s 2020 football season.
                  Sources told Yahoo Sports that the league’s presidents and chancellors were meeting on Sunday night, and would be discussing the future of the 2020 football season and the league’s fall sports for the second consecutive day. A final decision isn’t guaranteed, but after a presidents call on Saturday afternoon there’s significant sentiment toward canceling the fall season.

In the presidents’ call on Saturday, sources told Yahoo Sports there was a strong majority – but not unanimous – in support of canceling the season. The group took more than 24 hours before reconvening on Sunday night to discuss the issues again.

Sources around the league have indicated that there’s an expectation that the league will arrive at a decision to cancel fall sports. The variable in question remains when the decision is made and whether the Big Ten can convince anyone else in joining them on the sideline.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/big...mpression=true

Comment

• ESPN....

Sources: Power 5 conferences talking about no fall football

Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them.

Sources told ESPN that a vast majority of Big Ten presidents have indicated that they would vote to postpone football season, hopefully to the spring. A Big Ten official confirmed to ESPN that no official vote took place during Saturday's meeting, but the presidents are set to meet again Sunday night.

"It doesn't look good," one Power 5 athletic director said.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mpression=true

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      I'm not much of a golf watcher, although I tend, llike tennis, to watch the majors. For sheer numbers of people in contention coming downt to the wire, this PGA is fabulous!
                      Made my Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        There's been plenty in Europe to watch...
                        not for US-centric people there hasn't

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                          Made my Sunday.
                          Young Mr. Morikawa, born and raised in greater LA, is a force to reckon with in the future! I'll try not to hold it against him that he went to Bezerkley.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Fun to watch a real sporting event again that means something
                            The NBA, the NHL and MLB are playing meaningful games.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The NBA, the NHL and MLB are playing meaningful games.
                              For whatever reason I find the lack of fans at NBA and MLB troublesome to the point it makes them nearly unwatchable. It's only going to get worse for the NBA for playoff games. Doesn't bother me much watching PGA events although I do miss the gallery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Young Mr. Morikawa, born and raised in greater LA, is a force to reckon with in the future!
                                23 years old, broke out of a 7-player tie with a pitch in on the 14th, drove within 7 feet on a short par four, then made the eagle putt, led the Major in driving accuracy, proximity to the hole with approach shots, and strokes gained putting. What's not to like? I'm going to call my broker tomorrow and see if I can buy stock in him.
                                Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Working...
                                X