Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-12 and Big 10 look to be cancelling football, potentially announcing tomorrow. While other conferences are not sure and SEC seems like they want to play, but may be pulled down by the others in the Power 5.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...tory-workouts/

This would obviously (likely) be the nail in the coffin for NCAA sports, just in-case anyone was still holding on for XC to potentially happen..

Comment

• Sources: The Mountain West is postponing its fall sports season, including football. @Brett_McMurphy
      first reported. Second FBS league to postpone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
        This would obviously (likely) be the nail in the coffin for NCAA sports, just in-case anyone was still holding on for XC to potentially happen..
        Apparently not even a sport anymore, as evidenced by a CNN article on sports up for cancellation.

Comment

• Ohio State Head Coach Ryan Day said that he was blind-sided by the Big 10's announcement. Apparently the majority of Power 5 coaches are near unanimous in the desire to play, but the presidents aren't listening to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
            Ohio State Head Coach Ryan Day said that he was blind-sided by the Big 10's announcement. Apparently the majority of Power 5 coaches are near unanimous in the desire to play, but the presidents aren't listening to them.
            What Big Ten announcement? There hasn't been one made yet.

Comment

Ohio State Head Coach Ryan Day said that he was blind-sided by the Big 10's announcement. Apparently the majority of Power 5 coaches are near unanimous in the desire to play, but the presidents aren't listening to them.
              Since college football coaches look at players as completely disposable....what else would you expect.

The coaches should be the last people the presidents should listen to.
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-11-2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• “College athletics is the only multibillion-dollar business in the world with no leadership structure or decision-making apparatus, and it’s been catastrophically exposed. I’m embarrassed to have been part of this exercise in failed leadership.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThame...51781954260996

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

What I read was that he said that he was blindsided by the initial report (of the impending cancellation). As others have stated, a football coach clamoring to play is about as unsurprising a happenstance within the entire Covid experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

I guess I should have been more precise in my language. Day was reacting to news reports of the pending announcement of the cancellation of the football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      .The coaches should be the last people the presidents should listen to.
                      I agree that presidents shouldn't listen to coaches but I'm still surprised that Day had no clue what the presidents were discussing.

Comment

.......... Apparently the majority of Power 5 coaches are near unanimous in the desire to play, but the presidents aren't listening to them.
                        Since when did these coaches care about the health of their players. So why would they give a toss about the health of the community?

Comment

• What could be going on is the presidents and coaches are playing out a good-cop-bad-cop routine, because the coaches must always be seen as standing up for the players. Can you imagine what it would do to recruiting if a coach publically advocated cancelling the season?
                          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-11-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I agree that presidents shouldn't listen to coaches but I'm still surprised that Day had no clue what the presidents were discussing.
                            The college leadership has been dreadful on this.

Interesting that in the Pac 12 I haven't heard anything from the coaches.

Comment

• Column: The Big Ten has morphed into the Wild West, giving new commissioner Kevin Warren the challenge of a lifetime

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...mpression=true

Comment

• One issue the #Pac12 doesn't have to deal with in making its decision: Politicians applying pressure to play

https://mobile.twitter.com/wilnerhotline

Comment

Working...
                                X