Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Not so fast Djokovic and good for Australia. Hopefully Nadal will get healthy enough to stop him at Roland Garros.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...ical-exemption

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied
    Djokovic visa cancelled and ordered to leave Australia. The media claim that he is under armed guard, not that that means anything, given all border police airside are armed.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied
    I hope Djokovic is refused entry and gets booted out of Australia. Such a self centred, self entitled individual.

It will be good politics for PM Morrison if that happens.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

the PM is casting some side-eye on the exemption

https://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2022...tion-exemption
    Well, isn't it ultimately the government that decides whether or not an anti-vaxxer can enter the country? Maybe he should do a little more than make comments.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Opinion: Vaccine exemption for Australian Open will cement Novak Djokovic as tennis' top villain (yahoo.com)

After all the mystery he allowed to fester, the exhausting rhetorical games he played, now we know the truth. The world’s best tennis player really is No-Vaxx Djokovic after all.

...Top doubles player Jamie Murray already went there, telling the Daily Mirror: “I think if it was me that wasn’t vaccinated, I wouldn’t be getting an exemption.”
    the PM is casting some side-eye on the exemption

https://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2022...tion-exemption

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

WTH happened??? Bangladesh won handily, quite a surprise (to me, at least).
    What happened?
    We got a hiding.
    So much for being ranked world #1, and having won the world test championship a few months ago.

Congratulations to Bangladesh finally beating us.
    Tuariki
    Last edited by Tuariki; 01-05-2022, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gm

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

While there is a long way to go, it was disappointing to lose captain Tom Latham so cheaply.
    WTH happened??? Bangladesh won handily, quite a surprise (to me, at least).

Leave a comment:

• TN1965

• TN1965
    replied
    Opinion: Vaccine exemption for Australian Open will cement Novak Djokovic as tennis' top villain (yahoo.com)

After all the mystery he allowed to fester, the exhausting rhetorical games he played, now we know the truth. The world’s best tennis player really is No-Vaxx Djokovic after all.

...Top doubles player Jamie Murray already went there, telling the Daily Mirror: “I think if it was me that wasn’t vaccinated, I wouldn’t be getting an exemption.”

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied

Good to have the NZ v Bangladesh test to watch this weekend!
    While there is a long way to go, it was disappointing to lose captain Tom Latham so cheaply.

Leave a comment:

• gm

• gm
    replied

All I know is that the world cricket test champions is officially and indisputably New Zealand. 😇😇😇😇
    Good to have the NZ v Bangladesh test to watch this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by El Toro View Post

There's a big difference between being bowled out and giving away your wicket. I didn't watch the test, so it will be interesting to see how the same attack deals with a competent side.
    All I know is that the world cricket test champions is officially and indisputably New Zealand. 😇😇😇😇

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2

• Halfmiler2
    replied

I reckon the weirdest thing is that the English invented a game that can be played for 5 days without a result.
    Still shorter than a six-day race!

Leave a comment:

• El Toro

• El Toro
    replied

I have to give massive credit to the Aussies for an inspired series of performances. Their bowling attack was devastating and it was kind of fun in a masochistic way to see Boland become an instant folk hero.
    There's a big difference between being bowled out and giving away your wicket. I didn't watch the test, so it will be interesting to see how the same attack deals with a competent side.

One thing to note is that I read recently about how few balls in recent times would actually hit the stumps if the batsmen missed. If that is the case, then that indicates that giving away the wicket might be closer to the mark.

It's a shame we couldn't rerun the England innings facing disciplined bowlers like DK Lillee or Michael Holding who would hit the stumps (or ribs) every single time except once every two overs to encourage a rash shot - relentless pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied

Oh, and to fix Tauriki's autocorrect error, the Ashes are purported to be the remains of a cricket bail (or bails) not ball. Bails are the little cylindrical bits of wood that sit on top of the vertical stumps.
    Maybe autocorrect is actually correct, and that the urn contains the ashes of a pair of English balls

Cos they certainly got no balls these days.
    Tuariki
    Last edited by Tuariki; 12-30-2021, 04:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied

It's all about the journey rather than the destination!
    The only trouble with that El Toro is that the Poms were not even close to finishing the journey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X