Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column: Big 12 saved the college football season

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on/3410069001/
    There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      As the Tribune writer wrote....some people don't want answers they just want their way.
      Well...it's pretty apparent that they want to see football.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Comment

• A few days old but we're beginning to talk about NCAA Basketball:

@JonRothstein

The NCAA will decide by mid-September whether or not the 20-21 college basketball season will begin on time or a short-term delay is necessary due to COVID-19, per release.

Comment

The Big 10 stands to lose 100s of millions of dollars because they are looking after the health of the players. If that is hypocritical we could use a whole lot more hypocrits.
            Good point. Hypocrisy typically causes people to chase millions of dollars, not turn it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
              whether or not the 20-21 college basketball season will begin on time or a short-term delay is necessary due to COVID-19
              News Flash! It ain't goin' nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Exactly. Thats why Warren sat the Big Ten teams, but is perfectly happy to watch his son play.
                Explain to me how he's supposed to stop an adult child from playing college football. This isn't little league football we're talking about. This is like saying that a Congressman is a hypocrite because he voted against a war that his son fought in. Nor would he be a hypocrite if the Big 10 played football and his son opted out. I know plenty of 18-year-olds who've made career choices over the objections of their parent(s)..

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Scenes from Auburn last night....

https://mobile.twitter.com/giana_jad...62674758680577

Comment

• What *some* colleges are doing isn't so far from a bait-and-switch. Lay out implausible conditions under which college could commence w/o COVID spread. Get tuition on premise of an in-person experience. Blame students when the conditions are inevitably violated. Then go online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilve...99883226017792

Comment

Scenes from Auburn last night.
                      Quelle surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Explain to me how he's supposed to stop an adult child from playing college football.
                        If his son walked out the door and said dad, I'm going to play some russian roulette with the guys, do you think he Warren would say hey, cant do a thing, kids an adult and making his own choices?

Parents step in when "adult" children make bad choices all the time, especially at college. I'm not saying I think it's a bad choice, but Warren has made it clear HE feels Big Ten athletes are risking their health - indeed, their LIVES - by playing sports this fall. And yet, he allows his son to do that exact thing with nary a peep of opposition. And I have ZERO doubt if his son was playing for a Big Ten team football would still be on schedule.

Comment

• Oh dear....so Warren shut down football and cost the conference 100s of millions out of spite!

BTW it was the decision of the university presidents.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                            And I have ZERO doubt if his son was playing for a Big Ten team football would still be on schedule.
                            Now you're just making stuff up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                              Now you're just making stuff up.
                              I absolutely believe that

Comment

Oh dear....so Warren shut down football and cost the conference 100s of millions out of spite!
                                Dude, have you been reading my posts? I said Warren is being a hypocrite shutting down sports for health reasons in the Big Ten, and not raising so much as verbal opposition to his son playing.

BTW it was the decision of the university presidents.
                                Still waiting for that "vote" breakdown...

Regardless, ultimately the call to pull the trigger was Warren's.

Comment

Working...
                                X