Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
    That's why I differed with user4 as a blanket statement about all coaches. Popovich is another good example, as is Steve Kerr. I agree the majority of the coaches have only a one-track mind but there are a few who stand out as well rounded.
    It is very possible that Popovich and Kerr simply scratch us where we want to itch in a way that helps us see that in fact we are enlightened.

Im not saying that all coaches are imbeciles, Im saying that to win where the stakes are the highest takes a very special kind of person and it is not an idiot that can go toe to toe with the SEC in football and win. Dabo is painful for me to listen too. But not much less than Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick or Steve Kerr. He is a person that is completely and totally dedicated to the very very complex sport of NCAA D1 football. He is kicking ass, I never thought he could do it at Clemson but he did. You dont do that if you are borderline retarded.
    Last edited by user4; 09-23-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhall View Post
      NFL Hits 3 Coaches And Teams With Large Fines For Not Wearing Face Masks

The NFL has fined several head coaches $100,000 for not wearing face masks on the sidelines — a safety precaution that is required at games during the COVID-19 pandemic. The coaches' teams were also punished, with $250,000 fines.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ing-face-masks
      Seems totally over the top to me, especially given the attitude of the man at the top towards C19.

Comment

Have I mentioned that Dabo Swinney has the intelligence of a mutant turtle?
        Come on Bambam, why insult mutant turtles

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Come on Bambam, why insult mutant turtles
          Damnation. Now you hate lampshades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Seems totally over the top to me, especially given the attitude of the man at the top towards C19.
            What does one have to do with the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post

It is very possible that Popovich and Kerr simply scratch us where we want to itch in a way that helps us see that in fact we are enlightened.

Im not saying that all coaches are imbeciles, Im saying that to win where the stakes are the highest takes a very special kind of person and it is not an idiot that can go toe to toe with the SEC in football and win. Dabo is painful for me to listen too. But not much less than Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick or Steve Kerr. He is a person that is completely and totally dedicated to the very very complex sport of NCAA D1 football. He is kicking ass, I never thought he could do it at Clemson but he did. You dont do that if you are borderline retarded.
              I didn't say Dabo Swinney was borderline retarded. I never mentioned borderline.

Comment

I didn't say Dabo Swinney was borderline retarded. I never mentioned borderline.
                That does it,🤣 .. my spleen just went through my nose !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

A negative test doesn't prove that you're not infected which is why NBA players are wearing masks away from the court despite being in a bubble.
                  Then every player should wear a mask 100% of the time. Otherwise, it is theater.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                    Otherwise, it is theater.
                    No shit, Sherlock!

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Then every player should wear a mask 100% of the time. Otherwise, it is theater.
                      This is a textbook example of a straw man.

Comment

?!
                        'Straw man' refers to the 'straw man fallacy' - trying to refute an argument by attacking a subset of the argument which is not central to the original argument.
                        Saying everyone should wear a mask 100% of the time is merely drawing a conclusion that is not supported by the facts in evidence - nor does it support or refute the contention discussed.
                        But I get your point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          ?!
                          'Straw man' refers to the 'straw man fallacy' - trying to refute an argument by attacking a subset of the argument which is not central to the original argument.
                          Saying everyone should wear a mask 100% of the time is merely drawing a conclusion that is not supported by the facts in evidence - nor does it support or refute the contention discussed.
                          But I get your point!
                          According to Merriam-Webster: straw man: - a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

Comment

Your explanation of the NBA setup makes no sense unless it is just theater. If tests are so ineffective that players must wear masks off the court, then they should wear them ON the court as well.

Comment

• I don't want to add a red herring to a straw man argument, but isn't the NBA text book "theater" ?

Comment

• New Year’s Eve in Times Square will be virtual.

Comment

Working...
                                X