Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

More on the subject from the same site: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...-fucking-fucks
    i think you just broke my fuck-meter

Comment

• Definitely going to have to recalibrate mine after takin' a whoopin' like that one........

Comment

• The same thoughts (with fewer expletives) fester in my mind continually. How can presumably sane, functioning people ignore vaccine history and be so dumb as to think they are smarter than evidence and common sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          The same thoughts (with fewer expletives) fester in my mind continually. How can presumably sane, functioning people ignore vaccine history and be so dumb as to think they are smarter than evidence and common sense?
          Obviously these folks think they know something that practicing physicians don't know, 98% of whom have been vaccinated according to the AMA.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
            Obviously these folks think they know something that practicing physicians don't know, 98% of whom have been vaccinated according to the AMA.
            You would not believe what patients bring in to us. My practice was 95%+ shoulder and elbow problems and I've been the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery since 2008. I routinely read over 2,000 articles a year on shoulder/elbow problems. But patients would routinely bring in a copy of 1 article they had downloaded and tell me what they wanted me to do. I would gently try to explain that I had read over 30 books on this topic, trained for 10 years with one specific fellowship year on shoulder problems, and usually about 50 articles/week on the topic. They did not want to hear it. They always thought that article they had Googled and downloaded was the final answer, and I had just been hit by the "stupid ray".

Comment

• The seatbelt one was clever.

The other one wasn't even remotely clever, funny or insightful.

Both are preaching to the choir, venting perhaps.

The first one might make a point to someone on the bubble.

The second one will convince skeptics they are correct. Not good writing in the least.
              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Kareem says that the NBA's new COVID-19 protocols aren't tough enough and he says that the folks "who promote hesitancy and 'more research' have blood on their hands".

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/nba-an...ust-be-done/#x

However, the new protocols, which even affect when you can leave your house, are Draconian to say the least.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/30/nba-...iss-games.html
                Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-30-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Jeff Van Gundy mocks the idea of NBA players 'doing their own research' on COVID vaccine (yahoo.com)

"I would like someone to answer this question," Van Gundy said during the preseason matchup between the Miami Heat andHouston Rockets. "What does that look like, you doing your own research?

"What are you doing? I don't understand what that means, 'I'm doing my own research," he said.

Comment

• Yeah, exactly where does one turn to out-research hundreds/thousands of doctors/scientists?

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

You would not believe what patients bring in to us. My practice was 95%+ shoulder and elbow problems and I've been the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery since 2008. I routinely read over 2,000 articles a year on shoulder/elbow problems. But patients would routinely bring in a copy of 1 article they had downloaded and tell me what they wanted me to do. I would gently try to explain that I had read over 30 books on this topic, trained for 10 years with one specific fellowship year on shoulder problems, and usually about 50 articles/week on the topic. They did not want to hear it. They always thought that article they had Googled and downloaded was the final answer, and I had just been hit by the "stupid ray".
                      How dare you bambam!!
                      How dare you denigrate Professor Dr Google. 😂😂😂

Comment

• Kyrie Irving had planned to play only the road games in order to avoid getting vaccinated, but now the Nets have said that if he's not available for all the games they don't want him for any of them, and they're suspending his pay until he gets vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nation-mandate

Comment

• Good to hear

Comment

• Kyrie Irving went on a 20-minute, non-sensical, disingenuous rant yesterday stressing that he's not an anti-vaxxer, he's just against vaccine-mandates. and he won't get vaccinated even if it causes him his job. Huh? The problem with this take is that there are plenty of vaccinated people who oppose vaccine mandates such as the governors of Texas, Alabama and West Virginia to name a few. He also claims that he's holding his ground because he wants to champion the cause of all the folks who have lost their jobs over vaccine mandates. Remember this is a guy who believes the earth is flat.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irvin...043734895.html

Comment

• What a complete idiot.

Comment

• Stephen A. hits on one of the interestingly underdiscussed issues here, namely Kyrie's insistence on putting his own interests above the team's. Not surprising, given that the NBA is a star-driven rather than a team-driven league, but still striking.

The men's major team sport with the lowest vax rate seems to be MLB, which makes sense, since it's the most individual of the four sports. Also interesting that pitchers have been among the most high-profile refuseniks. By contrast, NFL has a very high vax rate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesSuro...96406433226755

Comment

Working...
                                X