Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Any Major Sports Events Take Place Before The 2020 College Football Playoffs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djocovid, like many other rich and famous people, obviously has too many yes men surrounding him.

Comment

• Remember when Novak Djokovic called out Naomi Osaka for not following the rules? (deadspin.com)

I’m as sick of Novak Djokovic as you are, and as my colleague Grace McDermott wrote yesterday, we’d stop writing about him if he’d stop making us.

Comment

• The verdict is final. No Australian Open for NoVax DjoCovid. Come on Nadal, let's get #21.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...peal-australia

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          The verdict is final. No Australian Open for NoVax DjoCovid. Come on Nadal, let's get #21.

Bye bye Mr Joke-a-rich.
          You can stsy No-vax, but not in Australia for at least the next 3 years.

I also think he may find it difficult to be allowed to compete in the othe majors , unless he gets vaccinated.
          Tuariki
          Last edited by Tuariki; 01-16-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The verdict is final. No Australian Open for NoVax DjoCovid. Come on Nadal, let's get #21.

Second that. Rafael Nadal = total class act, as opposed to Novax Djocovid

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Bye bye Mr Joke-a-rich.
              You can stsy No-vax, but not in Australia for at least the next 3 years.

I also think he may find it difficult to be allowed to compete in the othe majors , unless he gets vaccinated.
              Apparently the Aussie government may be able to bypass the 3 year requirement to enter the country after this. Do you think they would do that for him in 2023?

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Second that. Rafael Nadal = total class act, as opposed to Novax Djocovid
                What makes NoVax so unlikable is not that he's an anti-vaxxer but that he mocks and shows contempt for pro-vaxxers and institutions that take the pandemic seriously.
                jazzcyclist
                Last edited by jazzcyclist; 01-16-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

What makes NoVax so unlikable is not that he's an anti-vaxxer but that he mocks and shows contempt for pro-vaxxers and institutions that take the pandemic seriously.
                  If he values his Major Titles number as much as I suspect, he got a just punishment - a lost opportunity he'll never get back. I hope that matters in the long run.

Comment

• Was he this disliked before the pandemic? I don't follow tennis.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Apparently the Aussie government may be able to bypass the 3 year requirement to enter the country after this. Do you think they would do that for him in 2023?
                      On request the Minister can grant him a waiver to allow entry. However, the Minister is under no obligation to grant the request.

I would imagine in his request he would need to express contrition and provide evidence of being vaccinated.

Having been deported from Australia means he will need to apply for an exemption to enter the USA and the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                        Was he this disliked before the pandemic? I don't follow tennis.
                        Is Novak Djokovic the least loved (potential) GOAT in sports history?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/nov...is-goat-debate

Comment

On request the Minister can grant him a waiver to allow entry. However, the Minister is under no obligation to grant the request.

I would imagine in his request he would need to express contrition and provide evidence of being vaccinated.

Having been deported from Australia means he will need to apply for an exemption to enter the USA and the UK.
                          Actually, as of now, our rules are that any foreign national entering the USA has to be vaccinated. Story today in Wall Street Journal how he will have a difficult time playing in the US Open because of that and also because New York city requires anybody working indoors must be vaccinated. Not a problem normally for tennis, but if Flushing Meadow were to raise the roof on Arthur Ashe Stadium, it becomes an enclose space and an indoor stadium and he would then need to be vaccinated to work there - which is what tennis is for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                            Was he this disliked before the pandemic? I don't follow tennis.
                            Story in Sports Illustrated in end of year issue about how he is "very complex." Not disliked by everybody but he has done multiple things to make people not like him.

His other problem is that he competes for history against Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal who are almost universally beloved, and both seemingly perfect gentlemen at all times on and off the court. Against their images, Novax Djocovid has no chance to get the public on his side even if he wasn't, IMHO, such a dickhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

Is Novak Djokovic the least loved (potential) GOAT in sports history?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/nov...is-goat-debate
                              As much as I dislike Novax Djocovid, no idea why Golf Digest is writing about him.

Comment

And when Tuariki speaks about immigration policy, especially in ANZAC, we should listen as he is a former Minister of Immigration for New Zealand, and after leaving politics formed his own immigration consultancy company.

Comment

Working...
                                X