Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last gathering(s) you now wished you'd passed on or had been cancelled

For me it's Tracktown Tuesday on March 3rd (200 +/- folks), a private piano party on the 7th (25), and a book-signing party on the 12th (35). Made it to the 27th so I may be OK but I shoulda known better . . .

Last time I was indoors with anyone else was 3 weeks ago tomorrow...

Yes I remember that Tracktown Tuesday...kind of on edge then...

Comment

We had an emergency meeting of our daycare BOD two weeks ago, there were four of us there in person, two over 60. In hindsight, I should have pushed for online :/

My last gathering bigger than that was USATF indoors.

Comment

We had an editors meeting for Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Rosemont, Illinois (basically Chicago) back on 27-28 February. It was a few weeks before anything was announced. One guy at the meeting has come down with COVID19, but it was only about a week ago, and he's a surgeon at Vanderbilt, and he's doing well, fortunately. One of my closest friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Last time I was indoors with anyone else was 3 weeks ago tomorrow...
          You haven't gone to an indoor supermarket or grocery? You haven't walked into a restaurant briefly to pick up a take-out order? I'm impressed.

Comment

Can't really think of one. The last day of school was March 13, in and around 100s of people on a daily basis. I don't regret that; it's what I do.
            My wife keeps several g-kids every day and that was her last day too.
            We have been super-isolatory since then, and it's been two weeks now, so we dodged that bullet.
            We are now re-opening the house to our kids and their kids, and if they infect us, so be it.

Comment

Bambam wrote:
              We had an editors meeting for Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Rosemont, Illinois (basically Chicago) back on 27-28 February. It was a few weeks before anything was announced. One guy at the meeting has come down with COVID19, but it was only about a week ago, and he's a surgeon at Vanderbilt, and he's doing well, fortunately. One of my closest friends.
              Interesting to me because our daughter-in-law was in Chicago on business (having previously been to a dot.com conference in Las Vegas) and due to fly home on Feb.27. But she fell ill with chills and fever and had to postpone her flight for a couple of days. When she finally got home both both grand-kids and our son got sick (less severe) in succession. All well now but we wonder if covid ran through the whole household early on.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post

You haven't gone to an indoor supermarket or grocery? You haven't walked into a restaurant briefly to pick up a take-out order? I'm impressed.
                No...I stopped going to bars...which I miss..3 weeks ago I made 2 large grocery trips....including lots of beer and wine...already lots of gin. I don't eat out much so I cook a lot at home. This week I discovered Instacart so had groceries delivered from Safeway. Only close call was running on Agate near Hayward and came within a few feet of a construction worker popping out between 2 trailers. I think he was more startled than I was.

3 weeks ago last time I met up with my running group. On the macro level this virus is fairly predictable on the micro level I don't have the slightest idea how it is actually transmitted...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  We are now re-opening the house to our kids and their kids, and if they infect us, so be it.
                  We're not. Haven't seen them in 2 weeks (other than via facetime). We don't intend to change that until the situation is very much improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    I don't eat out much so I cook a lot at home. This week I discovered Instacart so had groceries delivered from Safeway.
                    Mrs. tandfman and I used to eat out a few times a week. Restaurants in our state are now closed, so that's not an option. We've found a couple of restaurants that deliver and others that do curbside pickup. Just a few days ago we found a good online grocery delivery service, and we've put in a couple of orders. I think I last set foot in one of our local supermarkets 5 days ago, and I don't think I'll be doing that again for a while. No longer a need to.

Mrs. tandfman has a group of up to 6 women who have been walking together recently. They are very careful to keep their distance from one another.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                      We're not. Haven't seen them in 2 weeks (other than via facetime). We don't intend to change that until the situation is very much improved.
                      Very wise...

Comment

Went out this morning - first time in eight days - primarily for meds for my wife (has a bacterial infection with coughs and sneezing - not a great time for respiratory problems!) and did the rounds of the drug store, grocery store, mailbox store, weed store and liquor store. Only the grocery store had customers and probably 20% of normal traffic - most aisles were empty of people. Also toilet paper & purell . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X