Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

    The Monday (11/2/20) early afternoon numbers:

    Globally: 46,558K cases & 1,198K deaths
    The USA: 9,302K cases & 235K deaths
    NY State: 512K cases & 33,174 deaths
    NYC only: 265K cases & 23,988 deaths
    NJ State: 241K cases & 16,357 deaths
    Bergen: 25,677 cases & 2,063 deaths

    NY, NJ, NYC, & Bergen County deaths include confirmed & probable.

    NJ had 1,379 new cases, 3 new confirmed deaths
    NY had 1,633 new cases, 14 new confirmed deaths
    NJ has 1,109 & NY has 1,151 hospitalizations.
    The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.28.
    The Tuesday (11/3/20) early afternoon numbers:

    Globally: 46,929K cases & 1,204K deaths
    The USA: 9,376K cases & 235K deaths
    NY State: 514K cases & 33,187 deaths
    NYC only: 266K cases & 23,995 deaths
    NJ State: 243K cases & 16,375 deaths
    Bergen: 25,852 cases & 2,064 deaths

    Global totals exclude China which has only reported cases of 86K and reported deaths of 4.6K.

    NJ had 1,832 new cases, 13 new confirmed deaths
    NY had 2,321 new cases, 15 new confirmed deaths
    NJ has 1,133 & NY has 1,227 hospitalizations,
    The Rt for NJ held at 1.28.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-03-2020, 11:55 PM.

    Comment


    • Slovakia was the best performing country in the entire Europe until they could no longer fend off the relentless onslaught from their neighbor. So what was their answer?

      Slovakia's Weekend Project: Test The Whole Country For Coronavirus

      https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/93055...or-coronavirus

      Comment


      • NJ added Oregon and Washington to the quarantine list bringing the total to 41 states plus Puerto Rico and Guam.
        Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-04-2020, 07:33 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

          The Tuesday (11/3/20) early afternoon numbers:

          Globally: 46,929K cases & 1,204K deaths
          The USA: 9,376K cases & 235K deaths
          NY State: 514K cases & 33,187 deaths
          NYC only: 266K cases & 23,995 deaths
          NJ State: 243K cases & 16,375 deaths
          Bergen: 25,852 cases & 2,064 deaths

          Global totals exclude China which has only reported cases of 86K and reported deaths of 4.6K.

          NJ had 1,832 new cases, 13 new confirmed deaths
          NY had 2,321 new cases, 15 new confirmed deaths
          NJ has 1,133 & NY has 1,227 hospitalizations,
          The Rt for NJ held at 1.28.
          The Wednesday (11/4/20) early afternoon numbers:

          Globally: 47,570K cases & 1,213K deaths
          The USA: 9,491K cases & 236K deaths
          NY States: 516K cases & 33,198 deaths
          NYC only: 266K cases & 23,999 deaths
          NJ State: 245K cases & 16,381 deaths
          Bergen: 26,065 cases & 2,067 deaths

          NY, NJ, NYC, and Bergen County deaths include confirmed and probable.

          NJ had 2,472 new cases, 9 new confirmed cases
          NY had 2,126 new cases, 15 new confirmed cases
          NJ has 1,213 & NY has 1,253 hospitalizations.
          The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.27.
          Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-05-2020, 10:32 PM.

          Comment


          • Europe with 2300+ deaths yesterday. Not sure if it's mostly 70+ or not. Presume so.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

              The Wednesday (11/4/20) early afternoon numbers:

              Globally: 47,570K cases & 1,213K deaths
              The USA: 9,491K cases & 236K deaths
              NY States: 516K cases & 33,198 deaths
              NYC only: 266K cases & 23,998 deaths
              NJ State: 245K cases & 16,381 deaths
              Bergen: 26,065 cases & 2,067 deaths

              NY, NJ, NYC, and Bergen County deaths include confirmed and probable.

              NJ had 2,472 new cases, 9 new confirmed cases
              NY had 2,126 new cases, 15 new confirmed cases
              NJ has 1,213 & NY has 1,253 hospitalizations.
              The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.27.
              The Thursday (11/5/20) early afternoon numbers:

              Globally: 48,176K cases & 1,219K deaths
              The USA: 9,577K cases & 237K deaths
              NY State: 518K cases & 33,222 deaths
              NYC only: 268K cases & 24,011 deaths
              NJ State: 247K cases & 16,403 deaths
              Bergen: 26,170 cases & 2,068 deaths

              Global numbers exclude China which has reported only 86K cases and 4.6K deaths.

              NJ had 2,104 new cases, 12 new confirmed deaths
              NY had 2,997 new cases, 24 new confirmed deaths
              NJ has 1,224 & NY has 1,277 hospitalizations.
              The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.26.
              The NJ spot positivity test rate rose to 7.74%.

              Despite the COVID-19 uptick, only 36 of 670 school districts have had any positives which total 146 cases.
              Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-06-2020, 02:22 AM.

              Comment


              • meanwhile, in research world.....

                AstraZeneca Expects Coronavirus Vaccine Trial Results by End of Year

                The pharmaceutical company is also starting a phase 3 trial of its combination antibody treatment




                Comment


                • Headline - Nasal Spray Prevents Covid Infection in Ferrets, Study Finds

                  Sub-headline - Scientists at Columbia University have developed a treatment that blocks the virus in the nose and lungs, is inexpensive and needs no refrigeration.

                  Study not yet peer-reviewed. Article probably behind NY Times paywall.

                  Scientists at Columbia University have developed a treatment that blocks the virus in the nose and lungs, is inexpensive and needs no refrigeration.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    Headline - Nasal Spray Prevents Covid Infection in Ferrets, Study Finds
                    Study not yet peer-reviewed. Article probably behind NY Times paywall.

                    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/05/h...ine-spray.html
                    I doubt it will pass peer review. It was tested on only 6 ferrets. But at least it might attract funding for a larger study.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                      The Thursday (11/5/20) early afternoon numbers:

                      Globally: 48,176K cases & 1,219K deaths
                      The USA: 9,577K cases & 237K deaths
                      NY State: 519K cases & 33,222 deaths
                      NYC only: 268K cases & 24,011 deaths
                      NJ State: 247K cases & 16,403 deaths
                      Bergen: 26,170 cases & 2,068 deaths

                      Global numbers exclude China which has reported only 86K cases and 4.6K deaths.

                      NJ had 2,104 new cases, 12 new confirmed deaths
                      NY had 2,997 new cases, 24 new confirmed deaths
                      NJ has 1,224 & NY has 1,277 hospitalizations.
                      The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.26.
                      The NJ spot positivity test rate rose to 7.74%.

                      Despite the COVID-19 uptick, only 36 of 670 school districts have had any positives which total 146 cases.
                      The Friday (11/6/20) early afternoon numbers:

                      Globally: 48,744K cases & 1,231K deaths
                      The USA: 9,699K cases & 239K deaths
                      NY State: 522K cases & 33,247 deaths
                      NYC only: 269K cases & 24,016 deaths
                      NJ State: 249K cases & 16,416 deaths
                      Bergen: 26,382 cases & 2,068 deaths

                      NY, NJ, NYC, and Bergen County deaths include confirmed and probable.

                      NJ had 2,199 new cases, 13 new confirmed deaths
                      NY had 3,209 new cases,18 new confirmed deaths
                      NJ has 1,336 & NY has 1,321 hospitalizations.
                      The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.25.
                      Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-09-2020, 12:18 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                        The Friday (11/6/20) early afternoon numbers:

                        Globally: 48,744K cases & 1,231K deaths
                        The USA: 9,699K cases & 239K deaths
                        NY State: 522K cases & 33,247 deaths
                        NYC only: 269K cases & 24,016 deaths
                        NJ State: 249K cases & 16,416 deaths
                        Bergen: 26,382 cases & 2,068 deaths

                        NY, NJ, NYC, and Bergen County deaths include confirmed and probable.

                        NJ had 2,199 new cases, 13 new confirmed deaths
                        NY had 3,209 new cases,18 new confirmed deaths
                        NJ has 1,336 & NY has 1,321 hospitalizations.
                        The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.25.
                        The Saturday (11/7/20) early afternoon numbers:

                        Globally: 49,563K cases & 1,242K deaths
                        The USA: 9,831K cases & 239K deaths
                        NY State: 525K cases & 33,267 deaths
                        NYC only: 270K cases & 24,021 deaths
                        NJ State: 253K cases &16,425 deaths
                        Bergen: 26,714 cases & 2,071 deaths

                        Global numbers exclude China which has reported only 86K cases & 4.6K deaths.

                        NJ had 3,207 new cases, 11 new confirmed deaths
                        NY had 3,587 new cases, 18 new confirmed deaths
                        NJ has 1,392 & NY has 1,381 hospitalizations.
                        The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.24.
                        Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-09-2020, 12:20 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                          The Saturday (11/7/20) early afternoon numbers:

                          Globally: 49,563K cases & 1,242K deaths
                          The USA: 9,831K cases & 239K deaths
                          NY State: 525K cases & 33,267 deaths
                          NYC only: 270K cases & 24,020 deaths
                          NJ State: 253K cases &16,425 deaths
                          Bergen: 26,714 cases & 2,071 deaths

                          Global numbers exclude China which has reported only 86K cases & 4.6K deaths.

                          NJ had 3,207 new cases, 11 new confirmed deaths
                          NY had 3,587 new cases, 18 new confirmed deaths
                          NJ has 1,392 & NY has 1,381 hospitalizations.
                          The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.24.
                          The Sunday (11/8/20) early afternoon numbers:

                          Globally: 49,882K cases & 1,248K deaths
                          The USA: 9,960K cases & 241K deaths
                          NY State: 529K cases & 33,287 deaths
                          NYC only: 271K cases & 24,030 deaths
                          NJ State: 255K cases & 16,429 deaths
                          Bergen: 26,924 cases & 2,071 deaths

                          NY, NJ, NYC, and Bergen deaths include confirmed and probable.

                          NJ had 2,043 new cases, 4 new confirmed deaths
                          NY had 3,048 new cases, 19 new confirmed deaths NJ has 1,439 & NY has 1,396 hospitalizations.
                          The Rt for NJ dipped to 1.23.
                          Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-09-2020, 12:21 AM.

                          Comment


                          • It's almost 5pm local time and the NY State website, which says that it is updated before 2pm, still has not been updated today. 🙄

                            Comment


                            • They are always late and especially on weekends. I can get some NY numbers elsewhere but it is the reason that I have to fill in the last NY numbers late on most days.

                              When Governor Cuomo was doing daily press. Inferences about Noon, we would get NY numbers early, but no more.

                              Comment


                              • Late today, The Global cases surpassed 50 million and the USA cases surpassed 10 million.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X