Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 % of the AstraZeneca vaccine delivered to German state of Saxony have not been used.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adam_tooz...26967081574405

Comment

• We got the word today that just as my wife’s quarantine is ending, my two sons (ages 20 and 22) and I all tested positive.

The good news is while the 2nd shot (on 2/18) did not have time to be effective, the 1st shot may have helped me have mild symptoms: 99/100 temperature, a couple days of coughing, and achiness. I do not feel horrible, just under the weather.

We hope to get my sons the infusion of antibodies my wife got. I am not eligible right now because I just got the vaccine.
      Last edited by Halfmiler2; 02-28-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
        We got the word today that just as my wife’s quarantine is ending, my two sons (ages 20 and 22) and I all tested positive.

The good news is while the 2nd shot (on 2/18) did not have time to be effective, the 1st shot may have helped me have mild symptoms: 99/100 temperature, a couple days of coughing, and achiness. I do not feel horrible, just under the weather.

We hope to get my sons the infusion of antibodies my wife got. I am not eligible right now because I just got the vaccine.
        Good luck! Hope all goes well!

Comment

• Virginia in a spike recently. Any ideas as to why?
          Virginia has been reporting high numbers of residents lost to coronavirus recently: Since Feb. 20, 1,278 deaths were reported — more than 100 a day.
          They averaged 160 a day from 2/19 to 2/27?
          Could this be part of the reason?
          The Virginia Military Institute has experienced a spike in coronavirus cases that has led more than 20% of its cadets to be in isolation or quarantine.

The Roanoke Times reports that the school reported having 131 cases on Tuesday, with 128 of those cases involving cadets. That amounts to about 7.5% of the cadet population.
          Last edited by jeremyp; 02-28-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Interesting stats for the eleven western states.

covid stats west us.JPG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...st/ar-BB1e4kmF

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              Virginia in a spike recently. Any ideas as to why?
              Virginia has been reporting high numbers of residents lost to coronavirus recently: Since Feb. 20, 1,278 deaths were reported — more than 100 a day.
              They averaged 160 a day from 2/19 to 2/27?
              Could this be part of the reason?
              The Virginia Military Institute has experienced a spike in coronavirus cases that has led more than 20% of its cadets to be in isolation or quarantine.

The Roanoke Times reports that the school reported having 131 cases on Tuesday, with 128 of those cases involving cadets. That amounts to about 7.5% of the cadet population.
              https://wjla.com/news/local/alarming...ate-processing

Comment

• Thanks. That seems to happen a lot.

Comment

The Saturday (2/27/21) early afternoon numbers:

Global: 113.285 million cases & 2,511K deaths
                  The USA: 28.833 million cases & 517K deaths
                  NY State: 1,628K cases & 46,914 deaths
                  NYC only: 717K cases & 29,173 deaths
                  NJ State: 700K cases & 23,238 deaths
                  Bergen: 68,675 cases & 2,616 deaths

NJ: 3,741 new cases, 49 new confirmed deaths
                  NY: 8,141 new cases, 86 new confirmed deaths
                  NJ has 1,919 hospitalizations.
                  The Rt for NJ held at 0.89.
                  1.961 million NJ vaccine shots - 223K in Bergen
                  (1,296K first shots and 664K second shots)
                  The Sunday (2/28/21) afternoon numbers:

Global: 113.774 million cases & 2,522K deaths
                  The USA: 28.883 million cases & 517K deaths
                  NY State: 1,636K cases & 47,205 deaths
                  NYC only: 721K cases & 29,253 deaths
                  NJ State: 702K cases & 23,252 deaths
                  Bergen: 68,900 cases & 2,617 deaths

USA daily numbers not yet in.

NY, NJ, NYC, & Bergen County numbers include only confirmed cases (not quick tests) but confirmed & probable deaths.

NJ: 2,171 new cases & 15 new confirmed cases
                  NY: 7,580 new cases & 90 new confirmed cases
                  NJ has 1,849 & NY has 5,259 hospitalizations.
                  The Rt for NJ is 0.91.
                  1.961 million NJ vaccine shots - 223K in Bergen
                  1,296K first shots, 664K second shots
                  Last edited by Halfmiler2; 03-01-2021, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• VARIANT LATEST: @ScottGottliebMD
                    tells @margbrennan
                    of all mutant #COVID19 strains, only one seems to be gaining strength and is worrisome: "We're more worried about the New York strain because it may pierce prior immunity, and vaccines may be less effective against that.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/FaceTheNa...70802735579137

Comment

NY: 7,580 new cases & 90 new confirmed cases
                      Did you mean to say 90 new confirmed deaths?

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ebsite-huge-ma

I've had my shots so not pertinent to me, but this story may lead to a link to help people get appointments scheduled for the vaccines

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ebsite-huge-ma

I've had my shots so not pertinent to me, but this story may lead to a link to help people get appointments scheduled for the vaccines
                          My resourceful local daughter, 53, got her one-time shot Saturday. The Choctaw agency had a drive-thru for tribal members, did not even have to leave the car, just leaned, shot you, drive off, no 15-minute observation. Her Caucasian husband, 59, is still on the civilian wait list,

Comment

• Florida opened up the vaccines to those under 65 deemed to be extremely vulnerable by a physician and administered by a licensed nurse or pharmacist. As per his habit, the Governor issued the order with no particular followup to the definition of the terms used. However, at least we're moving towards lowering the age and my expectation is that my wife and I will be in the next pool (60-64).

Comment

• Meanwhile....

S.D. Gov. Kristi Noem says she nailed the pandemic response. Fauci: The numbers ‘don’t lie.’

“South Dakota is the only state in America that never ordered a single business or church to close,” she said to applause and cheers. “We never instituted a shelter-in-place order. We never mandated that people wear masks. We never even defined what an essential business is.”

On Sunday, Fauci said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that Noem’s remarks were “unfortunate” and “not very helpful,” especially while more contagious variants are proliferating in the United States and the nation is ramping up a massive vaccination effort.

“Right now, as we are going down and plateauing, is not the time to declare victory,” Fauci told anchor Margaret Brennan.

“Sometimes, you think things are going well, and just take a look at the numbers,” Fauci added. “They don’t lie.”

South Dakota ranks second nationally for the most coronavirus cases reported per capita, eighth for total deaths per capita and ninth for peak hospitalized count per capita, according to data gathered and analyzed by The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...em-fauci-cpac/

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                S.D. Gov. Kristi Noem says she nailed the pandemic response.

South Dakota ranks second nationally for the most coronavirus cases reported per capita, eighth for total deaths per capita and ninth for peak hospitalized count per capita . . .
                                Definitely - nailed it . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X