Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Get vaccinated...the rest is political theater...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Eastern Europe faces 'truly disastrous' Covid situation right now. Experts call it a warning. (yahoo.com)

As Europe finds itself at the epicenter of the Covid-19 pandemic once again, experts say it should serve as a warning to the U.S. and other countries about the virus’ unremitting nature.

Countries across the continent have seen cases soar. October saw a rise of more than 50 percent, and the worrying trend has continued this month as winter begins to bite.
    Good grief....a warning!

Their vaccination rates are ridiculous....

"Despite having access to vaccines, those countries did not manage to convince their population to get vaccinated," he added.

Romania and Bulgaria are among the countries with the lowest rates of vaccine uptake across the continent, according to the E.U.’s vaccine tracker.

The latest data showed less than 23 percent of the adult population in Bulgaria had been fully vaccinated, while just over 25 percent had received at least one shot. In Romania, just under 34 percent of the population above age 18 had been fully vaccinated, while almost 38 percent had received at least one dose.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Deaths / million in the last seven days.

1. Bulgaria.
    2. Latvia.
    3. Georgia.
    4. Romania.
    5. Armenia.
    6. Ukraine.
    7. Moldova.
    8. Croatia.
    9. Montenegro.
    10. Lithuania.

(Hungary is #11.)

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Eastern Europe faces 'truly disastrous' Covid situation right now. Experts call it a warning. (yahoo.com)

As Europe finds itself at the epicenter of the Covid-19 pandemic once again, experts say it should serve as a warning to the U.S. and other countries about the virus’ unremitting nature.

Countries across the continent have seen cases soar. October saw a rise of more than 50 percent, and the worrying trend has continued this month as winter begins to bite.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Japan has zero daily COVID-19 deaths for first time in 15 months - media (yahoo.com)

Japan recorded no daily deaths from COVID-19 for the first time in more than a year on Sunday, local media said.

Prior to Sunday, there had not been a day without a COVID-19 death since Aug. 2, 2020, according to a tally by national broadcaster NHK.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

Weekly Update:
    The Monday (11/1/21) afternoon numbers:

Cumulative Numbers:
    Globally: 247.514 million cases & 5,013K deaths
    The USA: 46.824 million cases & 766.3K deaths
    NY State: 2.540 million cases & 45,530 deaths
    NJ State: 1.042 million cases & 25,158 deaths
    Bergen Co: 103,408 cases & 2,687 deaths

NJ & NY Detail:
    The Rt for NJ is up to 0.96 -still under 1.0.
    NJ has 3.61% & NY has 2.1% positivity rates.
    NJ has 712 & NY has 1,923 hospitalizations.
    NJ has 27,974 & NY has 57,010 deaths including probables.
    NJ has 6.061 million completed vaccines, over 7 million started vaccines, & over 560K boosters given.

USA adjustments have thrown its daily averages out of whack below

7-day daily averages:
    Globally: 663K cases & 11.4K deaths
    The USA: 200K cases & 4.3K deaths
    NY State: 3,727 cases & 22 deaths
    NJ State: 1,150 cases & 15.6 deaths
    Bergen Co: 79 cases & 1 death
    Sorry this is late but the site was giving me trouble posting yesterday.

Weekly Update
    The Monday (11/8/21) afternoon numbers:

Globally: 249.444 million cases & 5,040K deaths
    The USA: 46.462 million cases & 754K deaths
    NY State: 2.569 million cases & 45,821 deaths
    NJ State: 1.050 million cases & 25.274 deaths
    Bergen Co: 103,984 cases & 2,687 deaths

Global numbers exclude China which has reported no deaths in over a year.
    NY, NJ, & Bergen County numbers include only confirmed, not probables.

NJ & NY Detail:
    The RT in NJ is exactly 1.0 (neutral).
    NJ has a 3.78% & NY has a 2.6% positivity rate.
    NJ has 627 & NY has 1,794 hospitalizations.
    Including probables, NJ has 28,092 & NY has 58,181 deaths.
    NJ has 6.1 complete vaccinations, 7.3 million first shots, and 750K boosters for 9.2 million people.

7-Day Daily Averages:
    (Global & USA unavailable.)
    NY: 4,193 cases & 41.6 deaths
    NJ: 1,071 cases & 16.6 deaths
    Bergen Co: 82 cases & 0 deaths

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    https://news.northwestern.edu/storie...coronaviruses/

Northwestern Medicine scientists have shown for the first time that coronavirus vaccines and prior coronavirus infections can provide broad immunity against other, similar coronaviruses. The findings build a rationale for universal coronavirus vaccines that could prove useful in the face of future epidemics.

Plasma from humans who had been vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2 produced antibodies that were cross-reactive (potentially providing protection) against SARS-CoV-1 and the common cold coronavirus (OC43), the study found. The study also found mice immunized with a SARS-CoV-1 vaccine developed in 2004 generated immune responses that protected them from intranasal exposure by SARS-CoV-2. Lastly, the study found prior coronavirus infections can protect against subsequent infections with other coronaviruses.

Mice that had been immunized with COVID-19 vaccines and later were exposed to the common cold coronavirus (HCoV-OC43, which is different from a SARS strain) were partially protected against the common cold, but the protection was much less robust, the study found.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Headline - Dr. Fauci Just Issued This New Warning

Key quote - "it's not going away anytime soon."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Maybe over time natural immunity will be better? Not now perhaps, but over time.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...id-19-vaccines

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    My kids got their (first ever) flu shots on Thursday and COVID vaccines on Friday! Arms are slightly sore, no other symptoms.
    Good for you, and them, Becca

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    The Pfizer vaccine phase 3 trial started on July 27 last year and ran to mid-November, so it was released to the public without knowing how effective it would be after more than 3-4 months. Every case I've read or heard about with somebody who ended up hospitalized or dead with COVID after full vaccination was at least 4 months after their last jab.

This month will make 6 months since I got my 2nd shot in May, so I'm not feeling confident about my level of immunity at this time, and I'm not old enough or unhealthy enough to be eligible for a booster, so my travel plans around Thanksgiving aren't going to be as social as previously planned. Hotels only (no staying with family or friends), and minimal indoor activities.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    My kids got their (first ever) flu shots on Thursday and COVID vaccines on Friday! Arms are slightly sore, no other symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Just a guess on my part, but I would imagine there might still be some efficacy a bit after symptoms start.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed that this newest arrow in the quiver will help us gain more control over the virus. Will probably keep those who have long been on the fence about the vaccines from getting one, but it will go a long way in helping them from becoming gravely ill.
    One problem with it is the 3 day thing. Unless knowingly exposed to somebody with the virus, most people don't run to get tested within the first 3 days while their symptoms are still mild. You have to get tested, get the test results, get a prescription, and buy the drug all within the 3 day window.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Keeping my fingers crossed that this newest arrow in the quiver will help us gain more control over the virus. Will probably keep those who have long been on the fence about the vaccines from getting one, but it will go a long way in helping them from becoming gravely ill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X