Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meanwhile in your airways.....

University of Oxford study hails asthma drug as breakthrough in fight against Covid-19

Budesonide inhalers could be widely handed out to patients to be used at home

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...d-19-1.1202274

Comment

• China's Sinovac vaccine is 50.7% effective against COVID-19, just reaching the threshold to be a vaccine worth using, a major trial showed

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-si...123134411.html

Comment

• By my records the USA dropped out of the top 3 daily deaths by country for the first time this year. Possibly rising cases does not translate to rising deaths, since many older folk are getting vaccinated.

Comment

• Financial Times...

But Jin Dong-yan, a virologist at the University of Hong Kong, said yesterday Chinese vaccines’ efficacy rates were among the lowest in the world. “Chinese vaccines can provide a certain level of protection, especially for reducing severe disease and deaths, but it’s hard to reach herd immunity,” he said. “Even if everyone in China takes the vaccines, it can only slow down the spread.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
            Taiwan recorded the 11th confirmed death, the first since March 6. They are once again behind Vietnam, which has 35 confirmed deaths among 98 million people.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4174140
            One reported death in ten months is half of what has reported in all of mainland China.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              By my records the USA dropped out of the top 3 daily deaths by country for the first time this year. Possibly rising cases does not translate to rising deaths, since many older folk are getting vaccinated.
              The cases are skewing younger than last year for multiple reasons. Vaccinations are one of the reasons.

Comment

• Just 19% of Texans have received 2 shots of a coronavirus vaccination, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention figures cited by The Washington Post.
                Further figures cited by the Post which were compiled by Columbia University predicted that, by January, a total of 31% of Texans had contracted the virus.
                BUT….
                Abbott told Fox News on Sunday that: "When you add all the number of vaccinations that have taken place, as well as all of the acquired immunity from all of the Texans who have been exposed and recovered from COVID-19, it means very simply it's a whole lot more difficult for COVID-19 to be spreading to other people in the state of Texas.
                "More than 70% of our seniors have received a vaccine shot. More than 50% of those who are 60 to 65 have received a vaccine shot. I don't know what herd immunity is but when you add that to acquired immunity, it looks like that could be very close to herd immunity," he said.
                https://www.businessinsider.com/experts-dismissed-gov-abbott-herd-immunity-claim-2021-4

Hmm. Them Texans do know how to lie, err I mean exaggerate.

Comment

• FDA, CDC call for pause in use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after ‘extremely rare’ cases of blood clots

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...e-blood-clots/

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    FDA, CDC call for pause in use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after ‘extremely rare’ cases of blood clots
                    Six out of 6.8 million and they pause the J&J vaccine. Ridiculous.

Affects me personally, as I had scheduled to get it from CVS. Now I have to wait who knows how long until the "pause" is lifted.

There are no strings on me

Comment

• the sky is falling

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        FDA, CDC call for pause in use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after ‘extremely rare’ cases of blood clots

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...e-blood-clots/
                        Had mine a month ago. Heard Fauci say: "If it's over a month, nothing to worry about." I asked my wife:"Then why do I get this urge to drive over to Mar a Lago?"

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Six out of 6.8 million and they pause the J&J vaccine. Ridiculous.
                          They have to pause it for socio-political reasons, at least to get the word out about the blood clots, as that was not a known side effect when the vaccine distribution began (because they didn't have enough participants in the trials to reveal a 1-in-a-million occurrence).

There are numerous drugs with a greater variety and probability of side effects (ever watch a drug commercial on TV, and hear them spending the last 2/3 of it listing the 78 side effects?), but people want to know what those side effects are before taking it.

Comment

• Meanwhile.....

Comment

• Way too small a sample size to draw any real conclusions, but nonetheless interesting to note that in the 6 J&J clot deaths, all 6 were women in the 18-48 group.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                Way too small a sample size to draw any real conclusions, but nonetheless interesting to note that in the 6 J&J clot deaths, all 6 were women in the 18-48 group.
                                I may have overlooked this information, but I have not seen any reports about whether the affected women were taking oral contraceptives.

Comment

Working...
                                X