Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error leads to dip in Georgia’s COVID-19 case count

The agency mistakenly logged the results of 231 tests that check for COVID-19 antibodies as diagnostic tests, causing them to be coded as confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, DPH spokeswoman Nancy Nydam said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...3V8O2W7S3uU4J/

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Meanwhile....

The state of Georgia made it look like its covid cases https://mobile.twitter.com/Fahrentho...29906512404480 going down ***by putting the dates out of order on its chart*** May 5 was followed by April 25, then back to May again, whatever made it look like a downslope.

Gov. Brian Kemp’s office issued an apology after a Georgia Public Health Department chart wrongly reported a downward trend in #coronavirus cases. The error was at least the third in as many weeks: https://bit.ly/3dMXwQ2

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fahrentho...29906512404480
      are things done intentionally considered mistakes?

Comment

Meanwhile....

Brazil Coronavirus Cases Surge by 50 Percent in One Week as São Paulo Mayor Says Health System Close to Collapse

https://www.newsweek.com/brazil-coro...mpression=true
        sadly, don't expect to see too many Brazilians at the next OG's ///this is just getting started down there thanks to Bolsonaro

Comment

• Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post
          are things done intentionally considered mistakes?
          Absolutely! Happens all the time.

Comment

Meanwhile....
            Fox News's Neil Cavuto is stunned by Trump's announcement that he's taking hydroxychloroquine: "If you are in a risky population here, and you are taking this as a preventative treatment ... it will kill you. I cannot stress enough. This will kill you."
            https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...84050964631557
            Makes no sense, why doesn't he just take up smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.

Here in Massachusetts fortunately the governor has still kept smaller retailers closed and the bigger box stores open for reduced hours. Having fewer stores open for fewer hours insures that more customers come in closer contact with each other as they q line up to get in. This helps the citizen learn who is in control and they learn that they need to be properly managed.

Meanwhile one of the most regulated sectors of the state , nursing homes account for nearly 50% of the CV deaths in the state.
            Last edited by user4; 05-19-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Absolutely! Happens all the time.
              Especially in Georgia & Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

8 Patients???? This is a marathon, not a dash. Let's save the cheers for much later.
                That's all you need to pump and dump, baby! Never let a crisis go to waste...

Comment

• Australia has slowly moved past 7k cases with 7,068 at time of posting and is back down to around 10 new cases for the last three days. Active cases are down to 548 or 7.75% of total. Deaths have just reached 100.

Only two states reported new cases, New South Wales with two and Victoria with seven. The good news is that the NSW numbers were both returning travellers, so zero local transmissions and 3/7 in Victoria were returned travellers in quarantine. Victoria's major outbreak in a meat processing plant seems to be under control with only two new cases assigned to that cluster.

While AUS will continue to import potential cases - five repatriation flights from India are planned - local transmission has been zero or close to it for extended periods in most jurisdictions. Given the relatively high clustering of cases and effective control of locally trasmitted cases, it looks like it may be possible to keep case numbers very low even with more relaxed distancing measures.

Comment

• As Florida re-opens, COVID-19 data chief gets sidelined and researchers cry foul

Late last Friday, the architect and manager of Florida's COVID-19 dashboard — praised by White House officials for its accessibility — announced that she had been removed from her post, causing outcry from independent researchers now worried about government censorship.

"The virus doesn't really give a damn if you hide its numbers."

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...te/5212398002/
                    Last edited by bhall; 05-19-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Let me clarify that last post lest it be misinterpreted. I don't think President Trump should be taking HCQ - there is no evidence that it works to prevent infection with COVID19, and there is very little evidence to show that it can be used to treat COVID19 now, although it was used in the earlier days of the pandemic by respected physicians. However, the media has painted a picture of HCQ that it is basically poison and nobody should ever take it because it has all these risks. That is not correct - it is used by patients for malaria and lupus and is effective in treating them. Although it has risks in many patients it can be taken safely with monitoring. I don't quite agree with Pego that it is medical malpractice in this case, although I don't think its indicated either for President Trump. A lot of people take a lot of things that aren't strictly indicated, and physicians often give out things that are off-label when there is nothing that is working.

Comment

• For those of you on this thread who were predicting disaster when Liberty University reopened after spring break, they just finished their semester with no additional coronavirus cases on campus to report.

Somehow, I doubt the media will be reporting the Liberty University good news very much.

Comment

• So far seven universities have made team cuts blamed on coronavirus forcing budget reductions. Only Akron (Men’s XC) and FIU (Men’s Indoor T & F) affecting our sport. But more universities are taking a look.

Comment

• Human Mobility and COVID-19 Transmission Dashboard

https://public.tableau.com/profile/j...ilityDashboard

Comment

• Crude oil is back up to $32.52 and gasoline wholesale futures are back over $1.00 as I post. Add into it that the cars on the road is picking up a bit and gas prices usually reflect the switch to summer blend about his time of year, and I’d predict that we have seen gasoline prices hit bottom and are about to tick up. But I defer to Lonewolf’s expert knowledge.
                              Last edited by Halfmiler2; 05-19-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                                Let me clarify that last post lest it be misinterpreted. I don't think President Trump should be taking HCQ - there is no evidence that it works to prevent infection with COVID19, and there is very little evidence to show that it can be used to treat COVID19 now, although it was used in the earlier days of the pandemic by respected physicians. However, the media has painted a picture of HCQ that it is basically poison and nobody should ever take it because it has all these risks. That is not correct - it is used by patients for malaria and lupus and is effective in treating them. Although it has risks in many patients it can be taken safely with monitoring. I don't quite agree with Pego that it is medical malpractice in this case, although I don't think its indicated either for President Trump. A lot of people take a lot of things that aren't strictly indicated, and physicians often give out things that are off-label when there is nothing that is working.
                                That's what doesn't make sense to me. He seems to be taking it as unintended which is to prevent rather than treat.

The letter provided by the WH doctor does not actually say he's given it to the patient or prescribed the medication. I thought it was oddly worded.

Comment

Working...
                                X