Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Not surprising....US has a lot of morons who refuse to get vaccinated..
    It just don’t believe the inherent moronity rate differs significantly. Is it just a consequence of the hopefully transient Trump induced idiocy syndrome?

Comment

• Having lost control of community spread Sydney is now in full lockdown for next 2 weeks and probably longer

Comment

• So much for the isolation method...

Comment

• Originally posted by spinoza View Post

It just don’t believe the inherent moronity rate differs significantly. Is it just a consequence of the hopefully transient Trump induced idiocy syndrome?
          I have friends who are still hesitant about the vaccine, because they listen to "news sources" that either downplay the virus threat or make unsupported claims of vaccine risks. It seems these people only change their mind when they know someone personally who suffers or dies from the virus. Perhaps once the vaccines receive full approval, that will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post

I have friends who are still hesitant about the vaccine, because they listen to "news sources" that either downplay the virus threat or make unsupported claims of vaccine risks.
            Do they understand that the people at those "news sources" at least the most powerful of those "news sources" have all been vaccinated?

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post

Do they understand that the people at those "news sources" at least the most powerful of those "news sources" have all been vaccinated?
              That would be un poco inconvenient.

Comment

I have friends who are still hesitant about the vaccine, because they listen to "news sources" that either downplay the virus threat or make unsupported claims of vaccine risks. It seems these people only change their mind when they know someone personally who suffers or dies from the virus. Perhaps once the vaccines receive full approval, that will change.
                I doubt that... how many even know the FDA is dragging their feet on this. I completely forgot they hadn't yet.

I don't know anyone I know well not vaccinated...

Experts warn full Covid-19 vaccine approval is no quick fix for hesitancy

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/12/...for-hesitancy/
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-14-2021, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• The FDA is bizarre......70% of adults has had at least one shot...

It’s Time for the F.D.A. to Fully Approve the mRNA Vaccines

Here’s a paradox: A new drug for Alzheimer’s disease, aducanumab, gets approved by the Food and Drug Administration through an accelerated process without sufficient data, although there was limited evidence that it works, leading three advisory board members to resign in protest. Meanwhile, mRNA coronavirus vaccines are not yet fully licensed despite massive evidence of their benefits.

Now more than 180 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine and 133 million of Moderna’s have been administered in the United States, with millions more doses distributed worldwide. In the history of medicine, few if any biologics (vaccines, antibodies, molecules) have had their safety and efficacy scrutinized to this degree. First, clinical trials showed the vaccines were 95 percent effective at preventing symptomatic illness. Since then, a number of peer-reviewed reports in leading journals have substantiated the vaccines’ safety and efficacy, using data collected in Israel, Qatar, the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.

In other words, the mRNA vaccines have overwhelmingly been proved safe and effective by clinical trials, independent research and the experience of millions of people around the world who received them.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are safe and effective. Full approval from the F.D.A. will help stop the spread of Covid-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I doubt that... how many even know the FDA is dragging their feet on this. I completely forgot they hadn't yet.

I don't know anyone I know well not vaccinated...

Experts warn full Covid-19 vaccine approval is no quick fix for hesitancy

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/12/...for-hesitancy/
                    Thanks for the "shot in the arm", Conor. In addition to the two earlier shots of Moderna. Pragmatism wins again.

Comment

Perhaps once the vaccines receive full approval, that will change.
                      I think most of the anti-EUA folks are really just anti-vaxxers who are ashamed to admit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                        I think most of the anti-EUA folks are really just anti-vaxxers who are ashamed to admit.
                        Looking for an excuse

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Comment

• The delta variant is ravaging this Missouri city. Many residents are still wary of vaccines.

The worst of the pandemic seemed behind Mercy Hospital, those weeks last winter when the coronavirus wards were full of people struggling to breathe.

But after months of reprieve, the virus has come roaring back, sending unvaccinated young adults and middle-aged patients from across southwest Missouri there in droves as the highly transmissible delta variant tears through the region. The hospital has been treating more than 130 covid-19 patients each day since Sunday — more than the winter surge — and had to open a sixth ward. It came close to running out of ventilators earlier this month.

“We’re just very disheartened. This was all pretty avoidable,” said Wanda Brown, a nurse unit manager. “Last year, we were looking forward to the vaccine coming out because we really thought that that was going to be helpful for our community. We feel like we’ve taken giant leaps backward.”

Experts fear Springfield, Mo., is a harbinger of tensions to come as people refuse to get vaccinated and downplay the pandemic even in the face of overwhelmed hospitals and preventable death.

Comment

• NEW: For the first time since early January, Covid-19 cases are rising in all 50 states, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University.

Comment

• BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine produces 10 times more antibodies than Sinovac: Hong Kong study, East Asia News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

There is a substantial gap in the amount of antibodies that mRNA and inactivated vaccines can generate against the virus that causes Covid-19, according to a Hong Kong study.

It is the latest finding on what may have contributed to the varied outcomes following mass vaccination using different types of shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X