Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Maybe the slithery rascal was ID'd as non venemous?
    Hard to ID an absent snake.

Comment

• I think peer pressure issues are huge here. I have very conservative friends who all got vaccinated, but who don't believe in Global warming. They'd all had flu vaccines before and all were old so they agreed. On Global warming it's a "non threat", i.e. "It's just unpredictable weather, and you can't fix weather." The science is too arcane and because it's a "liberal" issue, it's easy enough to dismiss it. I'm the outlier so I am expected to be contrary. I wonder how anti vaccine they might have been if the government had been left instead of right in 2020. In Brazil the leader was downplaying Covid, and his followers went along. In Russia the common man looks down on government, so vaccines are shunned. But in this country the biggest influences are 1. The media you follow. and 2. The belief system you follow. If your media caters to paranoia and conspiracy....

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Hard to ID an absent snake.
        Citizens arrest to make him hang around?

Comment

• The number of people who have died in the coronavirus pandemic in India so far is likely to exceed three million — nearly 10 times the official Covid-19 death toll — making it one of the worst human tragedies in the nation’s history, according to a new study.

In a comprehensive examination of the true toll of the pandemic in the sprawling nation of 1.4 billion, the Center for Global Development, a Washington research institute, attempted to quantify excess deaths from all causes during the pandemic based on state data, international estimates, serological studies and household surveys.

“True deaths are likely to be in the several millions, not hundreds of thousands, making this arguably India’s worst human tragedy,” said its authors, one of whom is a former chief economic adviser to the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07...accine-updates

Comment

• Last 2 weeks data. Top 4 states for new cases. Florida Governor says it's just a "summer phase" and will be gone in a month.
            Arkansas Red 1,017 new cases/day 34 per 100K +114%
            Missouri Red 1,952 new cases/day 32 per 100K +106%
            Florida Red 6,493 new cases/day 30 per 100K +190%
            Louisiana Red 1,198 new cases/day 26 per 100K +176%
            jeremyp
            Last edited by jeremyp; 07-20-2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
              Last 2 weeks data. Top 4 states for new cases. Florida Governor says it's just a "summer phase" and will be gone in a month.
              School opens in a couple of weeks. I doubt mask requirements will be re-instituted. It's very likely to be a "fall/winter phase"

Comment

• https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/co...hen-in-public/

Missouri in big trouble if they are openly discussing going back to masks while in public.

Comment

School opens in a couple of weeks. I doubt mask requirements will be re-instituted. It's very likely to be a "fall/winter phase"
                  On the one hand, I would think that the schools who start early with no masks can show the rest of us just how contagious delta variant is... but we saw last school year that most health departments will almost never say that transmission occurred in the classroom, no matter what the evidence is.

Comment

• My county had no cases for a month, then out of nowhere, three unrelated cases (on three separate islands) of breakthrough COVID. It sounds like at least one of the people is pretty sick. Most likely they are all older, just based on the demographics of this county and who is more likely to have a vaccine failure, but I don't know for sure either way.

Technically unvaccinated are still supposed to be masking indoors, but most are not. The only place that is requiring a mask is the post office, which is ironic because they were one of the last places her that adopted masking (they were exempt from the local order).

The news that vaccines for kids won't be released until mid-winter has me most likely going to homeschool both kids next year.

Comment

• https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-s...-patients.html

“All these kids are about to go back to school. No mask mandates are in place at all, 70% of Alabama is unvaccinated. Of course, no kids are vaccinated for the most part because they can’t be,” Cobia said. “So it feels like impending doom, basically.”

“I try to be very non-judgmental when I’m getting a new COVID patient that’s unvaccinated, but I really just started asking them, ‘Why haven’t you gotten the vaccine?’ And I’ll just ask it point blank, in the least judgmental way possible,” she said. “And most of them, they’re very honest, they give me answers. ‘I talked to this person, I saw this thing on Facebook, I got this email, I saw this on the news,’ you know, these are all the reasons that I didn’t get vaccinated.

“And the one question that I always ask them is, did you make an appointment with your primary care doctor and ask them for their opinion on whether or not you should receive the vaccine? And so far, nobody has answered yes to that question.”

Comment

• McConnell came out either yesterday or today and said essentially get vaccinated or face further lockdowns which is good I guess.

Comment

McConnell came out either yesterday or today and said essentially get vaccinated or face further lockdowns which is good I guess.
                          The polling for republicans must be horrible and it won't get better if little kids start getting sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post

The polling for republicans must be horrible and it won't get better if little kids start getting sick.
                            Some opinion that he's getting heat from Wall St.

Comment

• The economy is almost certainly the reason for the about face by McConnell. With the huge drops in the US markets this week, and the economists attributing it to concern over further virus cases, he had little choice.

Comment

• As of July 12, 2021, more than 159 million people in the United States had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

During the same time, CDC received reports from 48 U.S. states and territories of 5,492 patients with COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infection who were hospitalized or died.

Total number of vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC
                                Female 2,680 (49%)
                                People aged ≥65 years 4,109 (75%)
                                Asymptomatic infections 1,107 (20%)
                                Hospitalizations* 5,189 (94%)
                                Deaths† 1,063 (19%)
                                *1,456 (28%) of 5,189 hospitalizations reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.
                                †272 (26%) of 1,063 fatal cases reported as asymptomatic or not related to COVID-19.
                                https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

Comment

Working...
                                X