Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinR
    replied
    This would be an excellent time to empty the cabinet of your cheaper bottles of whisky, then. Save the good stuff for when your taste buds are back on-line.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinR View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Atticus. Hope it is going well, and that you are continuing to practice good masking practices. And glad Mrs. Atticus was able to get the booster, too.
    Less than a week in, but It's going much better than we anticipated, so fingers crossed! Biggest snag - no drink tastes good!

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Sorry to hear that, Atticus. Hope it is going well, and that you are continuing to practice good masking practices. And glad Mrs. Atticus was able to get the booster, too.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    so you're saying you jumped the queue?
    No, I started chemo four days later when my onc insisted we both get it ASAP and CVS agreed.
    Thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Not sure if this should be on What Are You Reading Now but just picked up a book entitled "What Really Happened in Wuhan" - great book although only about 2/3rd of the way thru it. Quite scary to hear exactly how the Chinese hid what was happening for several months and have never been wholly truthful about the Wuhan Institute of Virology and what happened there.
    From a year ago...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    They dress well in Minneapolis and no one wears a mask...

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    It seems to be a class distinction around here. The better you're dressed, the more likely you're wearing a mask.
    Wal-Mart, being Wal-Mart, is No-Mask City.

Leave a comment:

• J Rorick
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    more people still wear masks than don't in my little corner of Silicon Valley

my market requires masks, vax or no
    Believe your county (Santa Clara) is one of 8 Bay Area counties that require masks indoors (with main exception of eating/drinking while indoors). My county (Sonoma) is also one of the 8. Don't know how stringently it's being enforced, though. My market does enforce it.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    more people still wear masks than don't in my little corner of Silicon Valley

my market requires masks, vax or no

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    About the only places around here that still require masks are medical facilities.. which is OK, I don't have to shave.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Thanks for looking out for us all, Halfmiler2. Those of y'all who continue to serve our sport, and those who compete, are performing a great service.

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Stay healthy.
    I flew to Indy and Chicago for USATF meetings a couple weeks ago. First time since the pandemic. I paid to upgrade to First Class to get better social distancing. No apparent ill effects. I already had the flu shot and am waiting for the Moderna booster.

In the summer, my wife & I took the Auto Train to Florida to officiate at the National Junior Olympics and will do the same for the USATF Annual Meeting at Disney World after Thanksgiving. The Auto Train is a bit expensive but great with your own sleeping compartment and then your own car while in Florida.

The USATF Annual Meeting will he important as the USOPC continues to try to disenfranchise the USATF membership. You will hear more as we get closer to it.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    I actually like masking up, especially during heavy allergy season. It has helped, and when I didn't wear a mask outside, the effects were not fun. Like jazzcyclist I wear my N95 when I know I will be around a lot of folks who may not have been vaccinated, but use a surgical mask at other times, like in the grocery store.

Plus, it hides my ugly mug...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I have a box of certified N95 masks I never used.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    You have to wear masks in airports but you don't have to wear N95's. I mostly wear cloth or surgical masks when I go to places that require them, the respirators are just for occasions when I know I'm going to be shoulder to shoulder with strangers for long periods of time.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-21-2021, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X