Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

    That's amazing. I'm sure its accurate, too.
    Actually we had 2 cases of death back in January in the outbreak in Hebei Province when over 800 got infected.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by xw View Post

      Actually we had 2 cases of death back in January in the outbreak in Hebei Province when over 800 got infected.
      Were those reported to the public by China, or do you know about them directly by living there or knowing people who live there?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
        the total deaths from 1918 flu was 675k, according to CDC estimate.
        And the population in 1918 was 1/8th of what it is today

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

          Were those reported to the public by China, or do you know about them directly by living there or knowing people who live there?
          Both, there were daily public updates, and one of my college classmates came from the capital of Hebei (Shijiazhuang) which was under strict lockdown, his mother back home had to postpone an orthopaedic surgery, it was nasty for her. In May/June there was another breakout in my city (Guangzhou) where we had 170 cases, about 1/10 of which were serious enough to be hooked on oxygen and 2 were on ecmo, luckily this time they all survived.

          Comment


          • Stupidity prevails... Yesterday standing in line for take out food a woman at the front turned around suddenly, pulled down her mask and unleashed a violent, juicy sneeze all over the guy behind her. When several people chastised her the lady angrily explained that she couldn't be expected to sneeze into her mask, "That would be nasty."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jc203 View Post
              Stupidity prevails... Yesterday standing in line for take out food a woman at the front turned around suddenly, pulled down her mask and unleashed a violent, juicy sneeze all over the guy behind her. When several people chastised her the lady angrily explained that she couldn't be expected to sneeze into her mask, "That would be nasty."
              Not stupid.....That is just being an asshole....

              Comment


              • Meanwhile...this guy is only 30.

                Texas anti-mask organizer clings to life in a battle with Covid-19.

                Caleb Wallace, a leader in the anti-mask movement in central Texas, became infected with the coronavirus and has been in an intensive care unit for the past three weeks, barely clinging to life, his wife, Jessica, said.

                Mrs. Wallace said that her husband’s condition was declining and that doctors have run out of treatment options. On Saturday he will be moved to a hospice at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, so that his family can say their goodbyes, she said.

                https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...-covid-19.html

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  Meanwhile...this guy is only 30.

                  Texas anti-mask organizer clings to life in a battle with Covid-19.

                  Caleb Wallace, a leader in the anti-mask movement in central Texas, became infected with the coronavirus and has been in an intensive care unit for the past three weeks, barely clinging to life, his wife, Jessica, said.

                  Mrs. Wallace said that her husband’s condition was declining and that doctors have run out of treatment options. On Saturday he will be moved to a hospice at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, so that his family can say their goodbyes, she said.

                  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...-covid-19.html
                  She wears a mask. Thank God for estrogen.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                    Stupidity prevails... Yesterday standing in line for take out food a woman at the front turned around suddenly, pulled down her mask and unleashed a violent, juicy sneeze all over the guy behind her. When several people chastised her the lady angrily explained that she couldn't be expected to sneeze into her mask, "That would be nasty."
                    I have sneezed into a mask many times in my surgical career. It is gross, but there is a solution. Break out of sterile scrub, change your mask, and re-scrub.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

                      I have sneezed into a mask many times in my surgical career. It is gross, but there is a solution. Break out of sterile scrub, change your mask, and re-scrub.
                      Funnily enough, despite a lifelong problem with allergies I have not yet sneezed while wearing a mask. Another benefit!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        Meanwhile...this guy is only 30.

                        Texas anti-mask organizer clings to life in a battle with Covid-19.

                        Caleb Wallace, a leader in the anti-mask movement in central Texas, became infected with the coronavirus and has been in an intensive care unit for the past three weeks, barely clinging to life, his wife, Jessica, said.

                        Mrs. Wallace said that her husband’s condition was declining and that doctors have run out of treatment options. On Saturday he will be moved to a hospice at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, so that his family can say their goodbyes, she said.

                        https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...-covid-19.html
                        This is the guy self treating with ivectermin until he had to go to ICU.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                          This is the guy self treating with ivectermin until he had to go to ICU.
                          I guess he thought he was a horse

                          Comment


                          • Caleb Wallace, mentioned in the last few posts, has died. Age 30.

                            Comment


                            • It sounds as if things are not going well in Australia.

                              https://www.theguardian.com/australi...=twt_b-gdnnews

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                It sounds as if things are not going well in Australia.

                                https://www.theguardian.com/australi...=twt_b-gdnnews
                                Add in the 38,000 Australians who can't get back and it is quite a mess.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X