Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • meanwhile, in the great white north...

    Organizer of B.C. hospital protests, Kristen Nagle, recently claimed that you can't catch a virus

    The fired intensive-care nurse also suggested that polio and Spanish flu were not caused by viruses, and that rabies arises from malnourishment and mistreatment


    https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pa...gXnJeypgd9--6M

    Comment


    • They send only the best...

      Comment


      • New Zealands hard and fast lockdown appears to be working.

        3 weeks ago we had our first community covid case (delta variant) for many months. Daily cases rose to a highest level of 83 about a week ago. This past week cases steadily dropped to today's 20 cases.

        Sadly we had our first death in 7 months. A 90 year old woman with commorbidities.

        In the meantime NZ is reeling from a terrorist attack when 6 people were stabbed in a supermarket. 3 in critical condition.

        The terrorist was shot dead by undercover police.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          New Zealands hard and fast lockdown appears to be working.

          3 weeks ago we had our first community covid case (delta variant) for many months. Daily cases rose to a highest level of 83 about a week ago. This past week cases steadily dropped to today's 20 cases.

          Sadly we had our first death in 7 months. A 90 year old woman with commorbidities.

          In the meantime NZ is reeling from a terrorist attack when 6 people were stabbed in a supermarket. 3 in critical condition.

          The terrorist was shot dead by undercover police.
          Trouble until NZ gets vaccinated it will happen again.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            New Zealands hard and fast lockdown appears to be working.



            In the meantime NZ is reeling from a terrorist attack when 6 people were stabbed in a supermarket. 3 in critical condition.

            The terrorist was shot dead by undercover police.
            I see that now Ardern is looking at a law that wouldn't allow wannabe terrrorists freedom to roam. Would be cheaper than 24/7 cop surveillance. I also read he was "very paranoid." How about an involuntary Mental Health commitment?

            Comment


            • Polk County, FL where moon landings are fake and wrestling is real:

              https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-count...ely-available/

              Polk Co. commissioner drafts letter asking Gov. DeSantis to make ivermectin widely available

              Comment


              • This one is even more looney bin inspiring:

                https://www.theledger.com/story/news...id/5719465001/

                The website for hydroxychloroquine, a prescription medication used to treat Lupus, says “there is no evidence that taking (the drug) is effective in preventing a person from contracting the coronavirus or developing COVID-19.”

                The website for PEPCID says, similarly, “PEPCID is not indicated for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19."

                Comment


                • https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-coronavirus


                  Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says

                  Jason McElyea says people overdosing on anti-parasitic drug that some people believe without evidence can cure or treat Covid


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-coronavirus


                    Oklahoma hospitals deluged by ivermectin overdoses, doctor says

                    Jason McElyea says people overdosing on anti-parasitic drug that some people believe without evidence can cure or treat Covid

                    Sort of like Schizophrenics taking LSD to cure their hallucinations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

                      I see that now Ardern is looking at a law that wouldn't allow wannabe terrrorists freedom to roam. Would be cheaper than 24/7 cop surveillance. I also read he was "very paranoid." How about an involuntary Mental Health commitment?
                      In this case I think I prefer the involuntsry receiver of a few bullets.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                        Trouble until NZ gets vaccinated it will happen again.
                        Good chance of that. New cases today = 20.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                          Good chance of that. New cases today = 20.
                          What has been the cause of the delay?
                          scottmitchell74
                          Senior Member
                          Last edited by scottmitchell74; 09-05-2021, 04:20 PM.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

                            What has been the cause of the delay?
                            Like Australia we were slow to get started. Because we were in a good position as far as covid-19 cases our Government didn't try to exert pressure to get early supplies.

                            As of yesterday 30% of eligible population have had 2 Pfizer doses. 58% have at least 1 dose.

                            We are on track to be fully vaccinated by year end, except for the anti vax nutjobs.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                              Weekly Update:
                              The Monday (8/30/21) afternoon numbers:

                              Cumulative Numbers:
                              Global: 216.570 million cases & 4,501K deaths
                              The USA: 38.344 million cases & 648.1K deaths
                              NY State: 2,252.8K cases & 43,533 deaths
                              NJ State: 950.2K cases & 24,133 deaths
                              Bergen: 95,786 cases & 2,616 deaths

                              NJ & NY Detail:
                              NJ has 1,034 & NY has 2,148 hospitalizations
                              The Rt for NJ fell to 1.11.
                              The recent positivity rate for NJ: 5.35%, & NY: 3.3%
                              NY confirmed + probable deaths = 53,973.
                              NJ confirmed + probable deaths = 26,864

                              7-day Average Daily Numbers (14-day for Bergen):
                              Global: 661K cases & 10K deaths
                              The USA: 156K cases & 1.3K deaths
                              NY State: 4,687 cases & 29 deaths
                              NJ State: 1,676 cases & 14 deaths
                              Bergen: 152 cases & 0.7 deaths
                              Weekly Update:
                              The Labor Day (9/6/21) afternoon numbers:

                              Cumulative Number:
                              Global: 220.780 million cases & 4,567K deaths
                              The USA: 40.517 million cases & 659.3K deaths
                              NY State: 2,289.4K cases & 43,750 deaths
                              NJ State: 962.0 cases & 24,221 deaths
                              Bergen: 96,752 cases & 2,617 deaths

                              Above Global numbers exclude China which has reported no deaths in over a year. NY, NJ, & Bergen numbers include confirmed but not probable numbers.

                              NJ & NY Detail:
                              The Rt for NJ fell to 1.04 from summer high of 1.51.
                              Hospitalization fell to 1,015 in NJ & 2,359 in NY.
                              Positivity rates were 5.36% in NJ & 3.3% in NY.
                              Including probable numbers, NJ deaths are 26,953 & NY deaths are 54,172.

                              7-day Daily Averages:
                              Global: 601K cases & 9.5K deaths
                              The USA: 325K cases & 1.6K deaths
                              NY State: 5.2K cases & 31 deaths
                              NJ State: 1.7K cases & 12.6 deaths
                              Bergen: 138 cases & 0.1 deaths

                              Comment


                              • The good news today is that NJ reported its Replacement rate (Rt) has fallen to 0.99 from its recent peak of 1.51. This is the first time it is under 1.00 since early July. A rate under 1.00 means the the pandemic is contracting instead of expanding.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X