Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the no-nonsense, nothing-but-the-facts-m'am C19 thread

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

    It seems that Louisiana is #3 behind Mississippi and New Jersey according to these numbers.
    Although NJ had the recent spike in cases, the number of new deaths has remained relatively low - allowing other states to catch up. What few deaths have occurred are mostly unvaccinated individuals.

    Comment


    • This aged poorly:

      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

        Although NJ had the recent spike in cases, the number of new deaths has remained relatively low - allowing other states to catch up. What few deaths have occurred are mostly unvaccinated individuals.
        I did not mention that NJ would not be so highly ranked except for the 8.5K deaths in nursing homes, mostly in the early days of the pandemic when the state policy was to return COVID patients from hospitals to the nursing homes which infected many other elderly individuals.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

          I did not mention that NJ would not be so highly ranked except for the 8.5K deaths in nursing homes, mostly in the early days of the pandemic when the state policy was to return COVID patients from hospitals to the nursing homes which infected many other elderly individuals.
          My sister was one of the victims.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

            My sister was one of the victims.
            An Aunt for me.

            Comment


            • NZ vaccination rates coming along
              * 75% have received at least 1 vaccination shot
              * 40% are fully vaccinated

              Government target is for over 90% fully vaccinated by Xmas

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                NZ vaccination rates coming along
                * 75% have received at least 1 vaccination shot
                * 40% are fully vaccinated

                Government target is for over 90% fully vaccinated by Xmas
                I am surprised the NZ numbers are that low! Here (British Columbia/Canada), we are just under 80 % fully vaccinated.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rsb3 View Post

                  I am surprised the NZ numbers are that low! Here (British Columbia/Canada), we are just under 80 % fully vaccinated.
                  We were very late in getting started, sometimes for which our Primi Minister has been much criticised for.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                    An Aunt for me.
                    I am thankful my 94-year old aunt retired from NJ to Florida and is in a nursing home down there. Florida has had a good record in the nursing homes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                      I am thankful my 94-year old aunt retired from NJ to Florida and is in a nursing home down there. Florida has had a good record in the nursing homes.
                      It (we) does? I thought it was pretty bad.

                      Comment


                      • Fact: Not a mask in sight at the Emmy's.
                        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                        Comment


                        • 1st case of COVID in American Samoa arrives on Hawaii flight

                          American Samoa, a U.S. territory in the Pacific, reported its first case of coronavirus on Friday. The territory’s acting governor, Lt. Gov. Talauega Eleasalo Ale, and health officials said the islands’ first case of COVID-19 was in a resident who returned to America Samoa from a trip to the U.S. mainland and Hawaii earlier this week. There were a few positive coronavirus cases associated with cargo ships that had docked in American Samoa last year.


                          American Samoa, a U.S. territory in the Pacific, reported its first case of coronavirus on Friday.

                          The territory’s acting governor, Lt. Gov. Talauega Eleasalo Ale, and health officials said the islands’ first case of COVID-19 was in a resident who returned to America Samoa from a trip to the U.S. mainland and Hawaii earlier this week.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                            It (we) does? I thought it was pretty bad.
                            While NY and NJ lost many thousands in nursing homes last year, Florida did much better. My cousin reported that his mom’s nursing home had all sorts of protocols in place early on.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                              Weekly Update:
                              The Monday (9/13/21) afternoon numbers:

                              Cumulative Numbers:
                              Global: 224.217 million cases & 4,621K deatths
                              The USA: 41.548 million cases & 670.5K deaths
                              NY State: 2,323K cases & 43,977 deaths
                              NJ State: 974.1K cases & 24,313 deaths
                              Bergen: 97,763 cases & 2,623 deaths

                              NJ & NY Detail:
                              The Rt for NJ fell to 1.01 from summer peak of 1.51.
                              NJ has 1,114 & NY has 2,390 hospitalizations.
                              NJ has 5.32% & NY had 3.3% spot positivity rate.
                              NJ has 27,079 deaths including probables.
                              NY has 56,029 deaths including probables.

                              7-day daily averages:
                              Global: 491K cases & 7.7K deaths
                              The USA: 135K cases & 1.6K deaths
                              NY State: 4,559 cases & 32 deaths
                              NJ State: 1,728 cases & 13 deaths
                              Bergen: 143 cases & 0.9 deaths
                              Weekly Update
                              The Monday 9/20/21) afternoon numbers:

                              Cumulative Numbers:
                              Global: 228.486 million cases & 4,688K deaths
                              The USA: 42.533 million cases & 686.4K deaths
                              NY State: 2,358.6 cases & 42,197 deaths
                              NJ State: 987K cases & 24,429 deaths
                              Bergen: 98,705 cases & 2,623 deaths
                              (Global numbers exclude China which has reported no deaths in over a year. NY, NJ, & Bergen numbers include only confirmed and not probables.)

                              NJ & NY detail:
                              The Rt for NJ rose to 1.07.
                              NJ had 4.77% and NY had 3.19% for positivity rates
                              NJ has 1,137 & NY had 2,395 hospitalizations.
                              NJ has 27,202 deaths including probables.
                              NY has 56,200 deaths including probables.

                              7-day daily averages:
                              Global: 610K cases & 10.2K deaths
                              The USA: 140K cases & 2.3K deaths
                              NY State: 5,000 cases & 31 deaths
                              NJ State: 1,878 cases & 16.6 deaths
                              Bergen: 135 cases & 0.0 deaths
                              Last edited by Halfmiler2; 09-20-2021, 10:01 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

                                While NY and NJ lost many thousands in nursing homes last year, Florida did much better. My cousin reported that his mom’s nursing home had all sorts of protocols in place early on.
                                Then there is this:

                                A new report from AARP on the COVID-19 pandemic Wednesday found Florida leads the country for the most deaths from the virus among nursing home residents and staff. 


                                Florida tops country for COVID-19 nursing home deaths: report

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X