Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best option is to get vaccinated....I was in Minnesota last week and no one wears a mask anywhere in the state except the airport....and cases are moderate in number and going down.... it was quite a nice change from Oregon.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-20-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Best option is to get vaccinated....I was in Minnesota last week and no one wears a mask anywhere in the state except the airport....and cases are moderate and going down.... it was quite a nice change from Oregon.
      Getting vaccinated is a given, but I still use 3M masks in certain situations such as when I'm in airports and other crowded buildings. The breakthrough cases that I know personally didn't end up in the hospital but they still would rather not have gotten it.

Comment

• You have to in airports which is the only reason I wore one.

Being vaccinated the virus is like the seasonal flu....I get the vaccine but I wouldn't wear a masks because of it. It's gotten rather ridiculous here...like there is no endgame...

On the plane I brought lots of food so I did not have to wear a mask while eating. Eating slowly it took most of the flight time.

I don't want to catch it but if I did the odds are overwhelming it will be mild....
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-20-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• You have to wear masks in airports but you don't have to wear N95's. I mostly wear cloth or surgical masks when I go to places that require them, the respirators are just for occasions when I know I'm going to be shoulder to shoulder with strangers for long periods of time.
          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-21-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• I have a box of certified N95 masks I never used.

Comment

• I actually like masking up, especially during heavy allergy season. It has helped, and when I didn't wear a mask outside, the effects were not fun. Like jazzcyclist I wear my N95 when I know I will be around a lot of folks who may not have been vaccinated, but use a surgical mask at other times, like in the grocery store.

Plus, it hides my ugly mug...

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

Stay healthy.
                I flew to Indy and Chicago for USATF meetings a couple weeks ago. First time since the pandemic. I paid to upgrade to First Class to get better social distancing. No apparent ill effects. I already had the flu shot and am waiting for the Moderna booster.

In the summer, my wife & I took the Auto Train to Florida to officiate at the National Junior Olympics and will do the same for the USATF Annual Meeting at Disney World after Thanksgiving. The Auto Train is a bit expensive but great with your own sleeping compartment and then your own car while in Florida.

The USATF Annual Meeting will he important as the USOPC continues to try to disenfranchise the USATF membership. You will hear more as we get closer to it.

Comment

• Thanks for looking out for us all, Halfmiler2. Those of y'all who continue to serve our sport, and those who compete, are performing a great service.

Comment

• About the only places around here that still require masks are medical facilities.. which is OK, I don't have to shave.

Comment

• more people still wear masks than don't in my little corner of Silicon Valley

my market requires masks, vax or no

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                        more people still wear masks than don't in my little corner of Silicon Valley

my market requires masks, vax or no
                        Believe your county (Santa Clara) is one of 8 Bay Area counties that require masks indoors (with main exception of eating/drinking while indoors). My county (Sonoma) is also one of the 8. Don't know how stringently it's being enforced, though. My market does enforce it.

Comment

• It seems to be a class distinction around here. The better you're dressed, the more likely you're wearing a mask.
                          Wal-Mart, being Wal-Mart, is No-Mask City.

Comment

• They dress well in Minneapolis and no one wears a mask...

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Not sure if this should be on What Are You Reading Now but just picked up a book entitled "What Really Happened in Wuhan" - great book although only about 2/3rd of the way thru it. Quite scary to hear exactly how the Chinese hid what was happening for several months and have never been wholly truthful about the Wuhan Institute of Virology and what happened there.
                              From a year ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                so you're saying you jumped the queue?
                                No, I started chemo four days later when my onc insisted we both get it ASAP and CVS agreed.
                                Thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
                                X