Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get vaccinated...the rest is political theater...

Comment

• In a month Russia has climbed from a per weekly average of 800 deaths a day to 1224 a day. Now passing the U.S. for per day deaths. Ukraine (from 263 to 680) is not far behind. So much for trust in government.
      jeremyp
      Last edited by jeremyp; 11-14-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• According to the World Health Organization, coronavirus infections across the continent rose by 7% and deaths by 10% over the past week, making it the only world region where cases and deaths are steadily increasing.

Nearly two-thirds of new infections – about 1.9 million – were in Europe, the WHO said, marking the sixth consecutive week that the spread of virus has risen across the continent, with several countries experiencing fourth or fifth waves. Except in central and eastern Europe, where vaccine coverage is significantly lower, admissions to hospital and deaths generally remain much lower than a year ago, and national differences in preventive measures make it hard to draw broad conclusions.

But experts agree that a combination of low vaccine uptake, waning immunity among people inoculated early, and growing complacency about masks and distancing after governments relaxed curbs over the summer is the most likely cause.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-days-of-covid

jeremyp
        Last edited by jeremyp; 11-14-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• And in the U.S. Cases have gone up by 14% in a week and deaths down by 1%. And we all know what follows rising cases.In Florida we seem to be in the lowest part of our months long surge.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
            In a month Russia has climbed from a per weekly average of 800 deaths a day to 1224 a day. Now passing the U.S. for per day deaths. Ukraine (from 263 to 680) is not far behind. So much for trust in government.

A healthy distrust in the Government seems like a good thing to me.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• New data on Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca booster shots show they decrease symptomatic infection far more than the original 2-dose regimen (for Pfizer) did. Good news. https://www.ft.com/content/8330da6c-...5-5b0269eaac00

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                New data on Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca booster shots show they decrease symptomatic infection far more than the original 2-dose regimen (for Pfizer) did. Good news. https://www.ft.com/content/8330da6c-...5-5b0269eaac00
                As a stand-alone shot, or as a booster?
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• A booster....

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                    New data on Pfizer and Astra-Zeneca booster shots show they decrease symptomatic infection far more than the original 2-dose regimen (for Pfizer) did. Good news. https://www.ft.com/content/8330da6c-...5-5b0269eaac00
                    I am eligible for my Pfizer booster on 3 December. I'll be in line.

Comment

• I had no symptoms at all from my first 2 Moderna shots. On the booster, I had a slight reaction - headache, and got very tired that evening very early. Still had the headache the next day but by about 24 hours out I was fine.

Comment

• I had no symptoms from my first 2 Moderna shots (other than slightly sore arm at site of the jab). No reaction to the Moderna booster either.

Comment

• Original & boosters were Pfizer, no reactions from me - mrs. hammy had a day of discomfort after her first shot.

Comment

• My experience with the first two was the same as tandfman's. As soon as I am eligible for the booster I will be interested to see if that one gets me.

Comment

• I felt no affects from any of the 3 Pfizer shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

Sorry this is late but the site was giving me trouble posting yesterday.

Weekly Update
                                The Monday (11/8/21) afternoon numbers:

Globally: 249.444 million cases & 5,040K deaths
                                The USA: 46.462 million cases & 754K deaths
                                NY State: 2.569 million cases & 45,821 deaths
                                NJ State: 1.050 million cases & 25.274 deaths
                                Bergen Co: 103,984 cases & 2,687 deaths

Global numbers exclude China which has reported no deaths in over a year.
                                NY, NJ, & Bergen County numbers include only confirmed, not probables.

NJ & NY Detail:
                                The RT in NJ is exactly 1.0 (neutral).
                                NJ has a 3.78% & NY has a 2.6% positivity rate.
                                NJ has 627 & NY has 1,794 hospitalizations.
                                Including probables, NJ has 28,092 & NY has 58,181 deaths.
                                NJ has 6.1 complete vaccinations, 7.3 million first shots, and 750K boosters for 9.2 million people.

7-Day Daily Averages:
                                (Global & USA unavailable.)
                                NY: 4,193 cases & 41.6 deaths
                                NJ: 1,071 cases & 16.6 deaths
                                Bergen Co: 82 cases & 0 deaths
                                Weekly Update:
                                The Monday (11/15/21) afternoon numbers

Cumulative Numbers:
                                Globally: 251.322 million cases & 5,068K deaths
                                The USA: 47.037 million cases & 762K deaths
                                NY State: 2.607 million cases & 46,030 deaths
                                NJ State: 1.060 million cases & 25,358 deaths
                                Bergen Co: 104,804 cases & 2,698 deaths

NJ & NY Detail:
                                The RT for NJ rose to 1.04.
                                NJ had a 3.91% & NY had a 3% positivity rate.
                                NJ has 690 & NY has 1,854 hospitalizations.
                                NJ has 28,177 & NY has 58,479 deaths including probables.
                                NJ has over 6.1 million full vaccinations, & over 7.6 million first shots.
                                NJ has also over 900K boosters for 9.2 million people.
                                NY has 12.7 million full vaccinations for 20 million people.

7-day Daily Averages:
                                Globally: 268K cases & 4K deaths
                                The USA: 82K cases & 1.1K deaths
                                NY State: 4,991 cases & 30 deaths
                                NJ State: 1,386 cases & 12 deaths
                                Bergen Co; 127 cases & 1.6 deaths

Comment

Working...
                                X