Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Original & boosters were Pfizer, no reactions from me - mrs. hammy had a day of discomfort after her first shot.
    My wife had a bad 36 hours after her second Moderna shot - flu-like symptoms. She did OK with the booster, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

My wife had a bad 36 hours after her second Moderna shot - flu-like symptoms. She did OK with the booster, however.
      Moderna's booster is a half dose, unlike Pfizer where the booster is the same as the first shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Moderna's booster is a half dose, unlike Pfizer where the booster is the same as the first shots.
        In Canada, they're now Comirnaty and Spikevax. Astrazeneca is Vaxzevria. That last one has such an exotic ring to it. 🙄

Come on, shake your body baby, do the Comirnaty
        Let's spike it all night long.
        Last edited by 1.609; 11-16-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          [/B][/I]

A healthy distrust in the Government seems like a good thing to me.
          It's sure working out well healthily for the unvaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

It's sure working out well healthily for the unvaccinated.
            Although it might not seem like it if you follow almost any form of media, Covid is not the only thing in life.

Let me add to the distrust of Government, Big Pharma as well.

Neither have a giod track record.
            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Although it might not seem like it if you follow almost any form of media, Covid is not the only thing in life.

"Big Pharma" managed to keep more than a few of my relatives alive and thriving for a lot longer than they would have without the meds. My mom, a breast cancer survivor, loves Big Pharma.

Comment

Didn't you work for a government?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Didn't you work for a government?
                  Yes, I currently do work for the city.

#1 - I like modern medicine as much as the next person, but you can't tell me pharmacy companies have everyone's best interest in mind. Their track record is pretty poor. They are in it for the $$. And #2 - because I work for the government, Conor Dary I know better than anyone how far they can be trusted. Why do you think every single police and fire department that can, will have a union or an association? If we mindlessly trusted our governments to take care of us we'd be screwed and still working in the conditions of decades ago. We have to literally claw for every concession be it safety, benefits, etc... Safety! We have to bargain for the latest safety in many cases.

Comment

[/B][/I]
                    A healthy distrust in the Government seems like a good thing to me.
                    The key word is healthy.

An unhealthy distrust is when you assume the government is always lying, to the point where you're putting your own life and health at risk just to stick to that assumption.

Like if the government releases a notice to avoid drinking unfiltered tap water in a particular town until a toxic contaminant is cleaned up over the next 72 hours, are you going to drink the unfiltered tap water anyway just because the government must be lying?

Comment

Gross generalizations don't make it so. Big Pharma has much to be ashamed of but without their meds for AIDS, Hep C, Malaria, high Cholesterol, numerous cancers, Polio, TB, etc., we'd have a life span in the 40's.unfortunately it's human nature to gouge people when you have a product they have to have.

Comment

• https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/11...-18-and-older/

FDA authorizes coronavirus boosters for everyone 18 and older

All Americans age 18 and older are now eligible for a coronavirus booster following Food and Drug Administration authorization of the shots at least six months after the second dose of an mRNA vaccine or two months after Johnson & Johnson.

The Moderna booster is half the size of the primary shots and the Pfizer booster is the exact same dose [as the first 2 Pfizer shots].

Comment

• https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...s-b966816.html

The goal posts move again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Same here with my second Moderna.

First caused me to just feel a bit tired so went to bed early and woke up the next day perfectly fine. The second, huge reaction at the injection site, significant lethargy and hot and cold periods for about 3 days and about a week to wake up feeling normal.

Still, at least it's good to know my immune system is not moribund.

Comment

• my second Moderna led to 3 naps of 2 hours apiece the next day..... the third (on Wednesday) did the unthinkable: hurt more than Shingles shot. 30 hours after the shot I couldn't lift my arm over my head. But no particular lassitude....

Comment

• Such a variety of reactions....after my 3rd Pfizer, 2 days later I got the flu, shingles and tetanus shots all at once. No problems at all with any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X