Cumulative Numbers:
    Globally: 251.322 million cases & 5,068K deaths
    The USA: 47.037 million cases & 762K deaths
    NY State: 2.607 million cases & 46,030 deaths
    NJ State: 1.060 million cases & 25,358 deaths
    Bergen Co: 104,804 cases & 2,698 deaths

NJ & NY Detail:
    The RT for NJ rose to 1.04.
    NJ had a 3.91% & NY had a 3% positivity rate.
    NJ has 690 & NY has 1,854 hospitalizations.
    NJ has 28,177 & NY has 58,479 deaths including probables.
    NJ has over 6.1 million full vaccinations, & over 7.6 million first shots.
    NJ has also over 900K boosters for 9.2 million people.
    NY has 12.7 million full vaccinations for 20 million people.

7-day Daily Averages:
    Globally: 268K cases & 4K deaths
    The USA: 82K cases & 1.1K deaths
    NY State: 4,991 cases & 30 deaths
    NJ State: 1,386 cases & 12 deaths
    Bergen Co; 127 cases & 1.6 deaths
    Weekly Update:
    The Monday (11/22/21) afternoon numbers:

Cumulative Numbers:
    Globally: 257.070 million cases & 5,142K deaths
    The USA: 47.702 million cases & 771K deaths
    NY State: 2.654 million cases & 46,250 deaths
    NJ State: 1.071 million cases. & 25,442 deaths
    Bergen Co: 105,880 cases & 2,695 deaths

Global numbers exclude China which has reported no deaths in over a year. NY, NJ, & Bergen County numbers include only confirmed and not probables.

NJ & NY Detail:
    The RT in NJ rose to 1.23.
    The NJ recent positivity rate is 4.51%.
    The NY recent positivity rate is 3.6%.
    NJ has 816 & NY has 2,140 hospitalizations.
    NJ has 28,274 & NY has 58,789 deaths including probables.
    NJ has over 6.2 million full vaccinations, 7.9 million first shots, and over 1 million booster for 9.2 million people.

7-day Daily Averages:
    Globally: 825K cases & 10.6K deaths
    The USA: 95K cases & 1.3K deaths
    NY State: 5,881 cases & 32 deaths
    NJ State: 1,669 cases & 12 deaths
    Bergen Co: 154 cases & 0 deaths

Last edited by Halfmiler2; 11-22-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Almost anywhere else on eatth at 76%?

Even in NZ, despite starting late, we are now at 84%

Comment

• The top 15 countries sorted by % fully vaccinated, according to NYT's vaccine tracker:
        https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-tracker.html

VaxPercentages.png

Comment

• The USA, sitting somewhere outside the top 50. I was surprised to see that as many as 10% already got a booster.

USAvax.png

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            The USA, sitting somewhere outside the top 50. I was surprised to see that as many as 10% already got a booster...]
            I'm not.... in my part of the country, at least, if it were easier to get an appointment without jumping through hoops the rate would be way higher than that

Comment

• Easy to get a booster here. Lane County set up clinics a few weeks ago. The pharmacies are also doing it.

Comment

• Walk into a local Publix and you're done in about 20 mins. Most of that is time is filling out the paperwork. I imagine if I did that online and setup an appointment it could be quicker. For some odd reason...slower in the pharmacy chains such as CVS and Walgreens.

Comment

• I did my Walgreens paperwork online when I made my appointment and it took me two minutes from the start of my appointment to completion of the shots (had flu shot with booster). Five minute wait afterwards to make sure I wouldn't die in the parking lot, then out the door and on my way.

Comment

• Russia (1826) has now passed France (1812) in deaths per million, and will soon pass Spain (1878). In the last seven days, Russia lost 60 per million to 2 for Spain. At this rate, they may also pass UK (2108), who lost 15 per million in the last seven days.

Comment

• On another note, Germany became the 14th country to record 100,000+ official deaths from Covid.

Comment

• We know the COVID vaccines are effective but these numbers still surprised me. Get vaxxed. via @nytimes

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                          Russia (1826) has now passed France (1812) in deaths per million, and will soon pass Spain (1878). In the last seven days, Russia lost 60 per million to 2 for Spain. At this rate, they may also pass UK (2108), who lost 15 per million in the last seven days.
                          Russia’s total excess fatality count since the start of the coronavirus pandemic is at least 723,000.

Reports by Russia’s statistical service, Rosstat, that tally coronavirus-linked deaths retroactively reveal much higher mortality. They say about 462,000 people with COVID-19 died between April 2020 and September of this year.

Deaths per million probably closer to 3400.
                          Last edited by jeremyp; 11-24-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• https://www.discovermagazine.com/hea...r-the-pandemic

To scientists' surprise, more than 80 percent of Iowa's wild and captive white-tailed deer population tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19 in humans) between late November 2020 and January of this year.

This revelation comes from a study posted to the pre-print server bioRxiv earlier this month. The percentage of positive samples increased throughout the course of the study, and one-third of the 283 samples ultimately tested positive.

“Our studies show that while we were distracted with the pandemic in human populations during the winter months of 2020 and 2021, an outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 was silently spreading amongst the deer herd quite unbeknownst to us,” says Suresh Kuchipudi, a co-author of the article and a clinical professor of veterinary and biomedical sciences at Pennsylvania State University.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                              The USA, sitting somewhere outside the top 50. I was surprised to see that as many as 10% already got a booster.

USAvax.png
                              New Jersey has done over a million boosters out of 9.2 million people.

Comment

• https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...frica-81404239

South African scientists have identified a new version of the coronavirus this week that they say is behind a recent spike in COVID-19 infections in Gauteng, the country’s most populous province. It's unclear where the new variant actually arose, but it was first detected by scientists in South Africa and has also been seen in travelers to Belgium, Botswana, Hong Kong and Israel.

WHY ARE SCIENTISTS WORRIED ABOUT THIS NEW VARIANT?

It appears to have a high number of mutations — about 30 — in the coronavirus’ spike protein, which could affect how easily it spreads to people.

Sharon Peacock, who has led genetic sequencing of COVID-19 in Britain at the University of Cambridge, said the data so far suggest the new variant has mutations “consistent with enhanced transmissibility,” but said that “the significance of many of the mutations is still not known.”

Comment

Working...
                                X