X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigilante, stand your ground...murder

IMG_2852.JPG
    Last edited by DJG; 05-08-2020, 03:04 AM.

A murderer always calls himself something other than what he is, a murderer.

Comment

Thankfully, Arbery's murderers were arrested tonight. If not for the spotlight that the MSM pointed at this incident over the last couple of days, it would have been swept under the rug as a justifiable homicide.

Comment

It’s a sad statement that a citizen can stalk and confront an innocent person with loaded weapons, then follow through with using those to murder the person, and have that even be considered justifiable homicide.

Comment

It's not sad ....it's insane....

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            It's not sad ....it's insane....
            While I won’t see it, I hope my grandchildren, in 2070, will look at this as a time of madness that we somehow got passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              While I won’t see it, I hope my grandchildren, in 2070, will look at this as a time of madness that we somehow got passed.
              Not at all likely, in 2070 there will be just as many murders as in 2020.

Comment

By 2070, I suspect, surveillance and robotic law enforcement will be so prevalent and effective that even the notion of "citizen arrest" (which this father and son are concocting as part of their defense) will have gone the way
                of the pony express.

For now, these "stand your ground laws" are on the books and must be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by DJG View Post
                  For now, these "stand your ground laws" are on the books and must be addressed.
                  My understanding of "stand your ground laws" (we dont have such laws in my state) is that you are not by law obligated to flee from a person committing or about to commit a violent felony or assault. You can stand your ground and defend yourself. Ill leave it up to the various states to decide the usefulness of such specific laws. It seems to me that it is a natural right of humans to defend themselves against a violent armed aggressor.

Now based on the video I just saw of this case in Georgia, this is anything BUT a "stand your ground law" case for the two criminals here.

This is rather a case of a man being aggressively cornered and confronted. If anything the reading of a "stand your ground" law can be used to prove that the victim here was murdered and the stand your ground law gave him the right to defend himself.

"Stand your ground" may be attempted by the defense. ... it will go over like a frozen turkey with the judge and jury.

Comment

Two Glynn County commissioners say District Attorney Jackie Johnson’s office refused to allow the Glynn County Police Department to make arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of Ahmaud Abery.

The GBI announced the arrests of Travis McMichael, 34, and his father Greg McMichael, 64, on Thursday - more than two months after the fatal shooting. They were denied bond Friday afternoon.

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/watch...mpression=true

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

Not at all likely, in 2070 there will be just as many murders as in 2020.
                      This was a lynching by modern means. I though that had ended in the forties.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        Two Glynn County commissioners say District Attorney Jackie Johnson’s office refused to allow the Glynn County Police Department to make arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of Ahmaud Abery.

The GBI announced the arrests of Travis McMichael, 34, and his father Greg McMichael, 64, on Thursday - more than two months after the fatal shooting. They were denied bond Friday afternoon.

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/watch...mpression=true
                        I’d love to see an opinion of a legal professional, but doesn’t this make the DA complicit in the coverup?

Comment

It reminds me of the case we had in Florida where a white guy was not charged because the police followed the "stand your ground" law.....until a video showed the guy shooting the victim in the back as he was walking away.

Comment

This was a lynching by modern means. I though that had ended in the forties.
                            I consider lynchings to be murder and that is the worst felony imaginable. And of course this has nothing to do with stand your ground laws, if anything the victim had a right to stand his ground and the murderers are what the video shows them to be, murderers.

These men were armed and they confronted an unarmed man on a public way and then shot him. That is cold blooded murder.
                            Last edited by user4; 05-08-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen S View Post
                              It’s a sad statement that a citizen can stalk and confront an innocent person with loaded weapons, then follow through with using those to murder the person, and have that even be considered justifiable homicide.
                              In countless murder trials across the country, every day, men that murdered other men will have a lawyer present their defense and there are many strategies but one of them is certainly that they claim they were justified to kill. In some cases the murderous villain walks, but I have never seen a video this clear where the murderer walks.

Comment

Working...
                              X