Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vigilante, stand your ground...murder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DJG View Post
    My protest...

    your protest rejected by mods for violation of no-politics rules... please don't do it again
    My apologies....got carried away and forgot the rule. But is was a good cartoon!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by user4 View Post
      What is a proper public protest to police brutality? .. to rob, loot and destroy? , to travel miles into Minneapolis to burn someone else's property to the ground ? . Completely clueless phonies.
      Knew you'd prop up with some BS.

      I wonder how long it would take for white people to start rioting and looting if Black police officers started killing white people for no reason.

      If you can't understand why, after all these years Black people are hurting, angry and choosing to revolt then as I said before, you're probably part of the problem.

      You probably thought Colin Kaepernick was a 'completely clueless phoney' too during his silent and peaceful protest. (I wonder what boundaries you wanted to set for his protest)

      There simply is no pleasing White people when it comes to a Black persons response to fighting racism. Always moving the goal post and attempting to stipulate what is an acceptable response for a Black person. White superiority is the reason why they think their opinion even matters in these situations.
      Last edited by athlete101; 05-31-2020, 04:29 PM.

      Comment


      • What I know is that the situation here was serious enough last night to have my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter leave their apartment near some of the unrest and stay with us. It remains to be seen as to whether they will return to their home later today.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by athlete101 View Post
          Knew you'd prop up with some BS.
          If you can't understand why, after all these years Black people are hurting, angry and choosing to revolt then as I said before, you're probably part of the problem.

          You probably thought Colin Kaepernick was a 'completely clueless phoney' too during his silent and peaceful protest. (I wonder what boundaries you wanted to set for his protest)

          There simply is no pleasing White people when it comes to a Black persons response to fighting racism. Always moving the goal post and attempting to stipulate what is an acceptable response for a Black person. White superiority is the reason why they think their opinion even matters in these situations.
          1) protesting is every persons God given right. peaceful assembly to redress grievances is a natural right.

          2) Using a grievance against the police to loot and rob your neighbors is not a right.

          3) The facts show that Police use of deadly force is NOT a function of race.

          4) Categorizing people by their race and addressing them as members of a race is an old racist trick. It doesnt work with grown adults. Get over it.
          Last edited by user4; 05-31-2020, 06:57 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by user4 View Post

            1) protesting is every persons God given right. peaceful assembly to redress grievances is a natural right.

            2) Using a grievance against the police to loot and rob your neighbors is not a right.

            3) The facts show that Police use of deadly force is NOT a function of race.

            4) Categorizing people by their race and addressing them as members of a race is an old racist trick. It doesnt work with grown adults. Get over it.
            Keep talking....LOL you might just reveal your true self. Your No.4 comes straight out of the playbook And there's only one special kind of people that speak like that.

            Have a good day. I'm going to take a knee.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by athlete101 View Post
              Keep talking....LOL you might just reveal your true self. Your No.4 comes straight out of the playbook And there's only one special kind of people that speak like that.

              Have a good day. I'm going to take a knee.
              Thank you for the opportunity. Im perfectly honest here and I try to reveal my true self every day... and apparently you do too. We all should strive for good will towards our fellow man, that means treating others the way we want to be treated. No one wants to have their apartment burned to the ground. No one wants to be looted and robbed. Taking advantage of the death of an innocent man in order to take something you did not work for / pay for and destroy things that are not yours is not going to bring justice for anyone. Traveling miles from your pampered suburbs in order to enter a city that is in distress and fomenting hatred and violence is not going to bring justice for anyone. It is going to bring the perpetrators jail time.
              Last edited by user4; 05-31-2020, 08:03 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by user4 View Post
                What is a proper public protest to police brutality? .. to rob, loot and destroy? , to travel miles into Minneapolis to burn someone else's property to the ground ? . Completely clueless phonies.
                There is a lot of doubt about the "outsiders" claim. De Blasio used it for NYC as well. I read that 86% of arrested in Minneapolis were local. Large crowds are rather easily egged on to mob behavior, unless they have leaders and a clear agenda. Let's wait and see what the arrests show. I am sure there are outside agitators from both sides but it's just part of the story. The very fact that these "protests" have sprung up all over tells me that there is a deep discord under the surface that is now erupting. We are way past George Floyd now. To go any further in my thoughts would be.....political.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jeremyp View Post

                  There is a lot of doubt about the "outsiders" claim. De Blasio used it for NYC as well. I read that 86% of arrested in Minneapolis were local. Large crowds are rather easily egged on to mob behavior, unless they have leaders and a clear agenda. Let's wait and see what the arrests show. I am sure there are outside agitators from both sides but it's just part of the story. The very fact that these "protests" have sprung up all over tells me that there is a deep discord under the surface that is now erupting. We are way past George Floyd now. To go any further in my thoughts would be.....political.
                  Here in Portland, we are seeing plenty of outsiders. Most are from far right groups who are frequent, uninvited guests to our fair city.

                  “Way past George Floyd”. I agree. how many cases of police shooting or otherwise killing black men do we have at this point? This seems to be an all too common occurrence.

                  As a friend of mine pointed out, we need a civil police force but the status quo must change.
                  Last edited by Dave; 05-31-2020, 08:27 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Protests over the death of George Floyd spread to London, Berlin and Toronto

                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/31/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/#link-HNCVBSVMUVEFDP2H5N4UEILW5Y

                    Comment


                    • in the best interests of civility, this thread is now closed.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X