Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The Olympics in its present form is on life support....cuts are coming....track sadly will likely be part of it...

But saying the bloat must stay so the triple jump can survive isn't much of an argument...

Btw track at the Olympics is popular.....so I don't think track cuts will be too draconian from the Olympics....perhaps only 2 per nation for instance...swimming already has it.
    A history ?...do you know why the Olympics reduced swimming to 2 from each nation from 3?

Comment

Originally posted by 1runner1 View Post

A history ?...do you know why the Olympics reduced swimming to 2 from each nation from 3?
      Indeed I do...having been a competitive swimmer before running.....they still did it...

Anyways cuts are coming....none too soon....

Comment

Everyone including myself loves the olympics we have to save them somehow

Comment

The problem is the Games are way too big.....too many athletes....too many sports....
          I have been thinking the same thing for the last 20 years or so. I agree with norunner, get rid of the perks for the VIPS. That's a step in the right direction. Because like that old saying goes, a journey of a thousand miles begin with one step.

Comment

During an Olympic year, is it really necessary to try to have all events in the same city/country within that 2 week time frame? We can all agree that they are too big, too expensive, too many athletes, and too many events, etc. Split some of this stuff up among different times/dates, different cities and even different countries if necessary. I understand the pageantry and the hoopla of the opening and closing ceremonies would be lost if all the events are not in the same city/country, I get that, but can we still afford to do things the same way we did them 50 years ago? We can all agree that some changes are gonna have to be made. Well, lets consider all options. But anyway, just my 2 cents folks.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
              Right, because T&F is so popular all over the world. Is it even in the top100 sports in the US?
              Since we're talking about the Olympics, it's #2 behind gymnastics. Swimming is a close 3rd.

Comment

they're all behind basketball now

Comment

. . . Btw track at the Olympics is popular.....so I don't think track cuts will be too draconian from the Olympics....perhaps only 2 per nation for instance...swimming already has it.
                  No more sweeps! :-(

Comment

Isn't baseball going to be more popular than the others too? Or is the US not sending a Dreamteam for that?

Comment

Isn't baseball going to be more popular than the others too? Or is the US not sending a Dreamteam for that?
                      Not on a worldwide basis.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post

No more sweeps! :-(
                        I think too many sweeps by US men and GDR women was the reason behind the reduction to 2 in swimming which happened quite a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I think too many sweeps by US men and GDR women was the reason behind the reduction to 2 in swimming which happened quite a while ago.
                          Total domination by US men and GDR women at Montreal in 1976... https://www.olympic.org/montreal-1976/swimming

Comment

Who plays baseball other than Japan and the US....

Comment

Some of the Caribbean countries do. I believe it's the most popular sport in the Dominican Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                Some of the Caribbean countries do. I believe it's the most popular sport in the Dominican Republic.
                                Yes ....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domi...aseball_League

Comment

Working...
                                X