Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't surprise anyone if they are canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
      As much as I hate to see this possibly happening, I would be far more disappointed to see the Games crippled by infections throughout the competitors. This may be just one more thing that we are asked to sacrifice due to the rampant virus. My heart breaks, though, for those athletes who will miss out on what might be their best shot. No one comes out of this a winner......
      AMEN!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        There may indeed be some clandestine agreement to cancel, but they are being prudent by delaying the announcement. They have to wait till March to look like they tried. Here's hoping something changes in the next two months.
        Like you Atticus, I pray for the miracle

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Like you Atticus, I pray for the miracle
          Wont take a miracle. Just simple math. With a population of 126 million it will take approximately 4 months to vaccinate the entire Japanese population at the current US rate of 1 million a day(which most agree is highly dysfunctional). Add in the fact there will be two more vaccines coming online in the next month and that is probably a (very) conservative estimate. Regarding athlete access there's not much doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the summer(here in the US it's estimated that will be March).

I'm sure these numbers will be distressing for our resident Chicken Little. But there they are.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Wont take a miracle. Just simple math. With a population of 126 million it will take approximately 4 months to vaccinate the entire Japanese population at the current US rate of 1 million a day(which most agree is highly dysfunctional). Add in the fact there will be two more vaccines coming online in the next month and that is probably a (very) conservative estimate. Regarding athlete access there's not much doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the summer(here in the US it's estimated that will be March).

I'm sure these numbers will be distressing for our resident Chicken Little. But there they are.
            Lol

Comment

• Tokyo 1964 was held in October. If they delay this one to October or late September, with vaccines, restrictions on athlete movements, and only vaccinated Japanese citizens and residents in the stands they can get it done.

Comment

• This would be heartbreaking on so many levels but at this point I just cant see these games happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                  Wouldn't surprise anyone if they are canceled.
                  If they are, Eugene22 becomes HOOOJ!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                    Tokyo 1964 was held in October. If they delay this one to October or late September, with vaccines, restrictions on athlete movements, and only vaccinated Japanese citizens and residents in the stands they can get it done.
                    I've thought that for awhile, too. A three month delay might make all the difference right now. Added benny: it wouldn't be a gazillion degrees hot. Question is, would NBC go for it?

Comment

........ Regarding athlete access there's not much doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by the summer(here in the US it's estimated that will be March).
                      While perhaps true for the USA, it is certainly not going to be the case for most countries in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                        I've thought that for awhile, too. A three month delay might make all the difference right now. Added benny: it wouldn't be a gazillion degrees hot. Question is, would NBC go for it?
                        Maybe yes, if the alternative is cancelling the Games altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

While perhaps true for the USA, it is certainly not going to be the case for most countries in the world.
                          Maybe not by March. But I have no doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will have access to it by mid-July.

Comment

• AstraZeneca has warned EU countries it will fail to meet delivery timetables for its coronavirus vaccine, in a fresh blow to the troubled rollout of the bloc’s immunisation programme

https://mobile.twitter.com/Financial...62332808323080

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              AstraZeneca has warned EU countries it will fail to meet delivery timetables for its coronavirus vaccine, in a fresh blow to the troubled rollout of the bloc’s immunisation programme

Probably not all bad, considering that vaccine's testing history(currently unapproved in US).

Comment

Maybe not by March. But I have no doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will have access to it by mid-July.
                                I think you are dreaming guru.
                                Do you seriously believe that Olympic athletes in every country will have access to a vaccine by mid-July?
                                All African countries, all South American countries, all Asian countries?

Our Government in NZ has said the vaccine won't be available in NZ until late March at the earliest, and then only to front line border workers, then health workers. The general population with covid-19 co-morbidities (65+, cancer, heart, respiratory, diabetes, weight) will not likely get their vaccines until May.

Comment

Working...
                                X