Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number of Covid-19 cases linked to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games in Japan has risen to 71

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLeadCN...20597610360837

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I'm not sure why this isn't a bigger issue. How are the Japanese explaining this?
      The "official" explanation is that most spectators at baseball and soccer games are local people. The spectators at the Olympic venues would come from all over Japan. It would create more movement of people across Japan.

Of course, it makes no sense. But people don't care. They just want to stick it to the arrogant global elites.

Comment

• Just a sidenote: this morning the actual games of the Games are already afoot. Japan women's softball team beat Cananda 8-1.

Comment

• If the OG's get cancelled totally in the next 3 days, will Conor Dary be the happiest man on the planet ? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
            If the OG's get cancelled totally in the next 3 days, will Conor Dary be the happiest man on the planet ? lol
            That's so stupid it is hard to know where to begin. Like asking a weatherman who predicts a hurricane if he is happy it came....this whole fiasco was predictable if you 10 minutes looking each day.

BTW I'm the only one here that went to everyday of the Trials... where were you supposedly great fans?

Having the Olympics during a pandemic, in an unvaccinated country, is nuts..

They could delay until September....but TV says no...so there you are.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-21-2021, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• In the meantime, they found the Ugandan weightlifter...

Tokyo Olympics: Ugandan weightlifter found after fleeing camp (yahoo.com)

Comment

• These games could be held May or June next year, and the WC possibly September or October...at this point it is all about corporate profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

...in an unvaccinated country...

Actually, 22.5% fully vaccinated, 34.5% at least one dose. But carry on...

There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                    In the meantime, they found the Ugandan weightlifter...

Tokyo Olympics: Ugandan weightlifter found after fleeing camp (yahoo.com)
                    As if a Ugandan could hide in Japan.

Will be interesting to see if he claims asylum

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Actually, 22.5% fully vaccinated, 34.5% at least one dose. But carry on...
                      22%....I'm sure that will stop an outbreak... the worse state in the US has 30% fully vaccinated.

For unvaccinated,
                      coronavirus is soaring again

An analysis of adjusted rates for cases, covid-19 deaths
                      and hospitalizations shows the country’s summer upswing
                      is slamming the unprotected while others enjoy freedom

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...id=hp_pandemic
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-21-2021, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Coronavirus cases are increasing almost exclusivelyin the unprotected population. So The Washington Post adjusted its case, death and hospitalization rates to account for that — and found that in many places, the virus continues to rage among those who have not received a shot.

Comment

22%....I'm sure that will stop an outbreak...

The US passed that on April 16. Here's some key attendance numbers on or before(with US vaccination numbers partial/full).

Super Bowl - 25,000 (9.6/2.8 full)

Final Four 17,500 (32.4/18.7 full)

MLB Opening - varied by team, but averaged around 20% of capacity (30.3/17.1 full)

There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post

Headline - Irish gymnast jumps on Olympic Village cardboard bed to debunk 'anti-sex fake news

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...?ocid=msedgntp

Headline - Olympic Athletes Reveal What 'Anti-Sex' Beds Are Made From

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...?ocid=msedgntp

Comment

That's so stupid it is hard to know where to begin. Like asking a weatherman who predicts a hurricane if he is happy it came....this whole fiasco was predictable if you 10 minutes looking each day.

BTW I'm the only one here that went to everyday of the Trials... where were you supposedly great fans?

Having the Olympics during a pandemic, in an unvaccinated country, is nuts..

They could delay until September....but TV says no...so there you are.

Making a joke Conor, note the lol.. Ease up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
                                Making a joke Conor, note the lol.. Ease up.
                                Okay....I was surprised at the comment....I missed the lol....
                                Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-21-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X