Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

don't miss the Strawberry Moon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Well, among all those pix of Andy Williams they did throw in one with him and Claudine Longet

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
      I like all the above songs to some degree but my fave 'moon' song is either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU

      or, for something more alternative, this one,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVD1HRV8NqA

      The latter is too new for 'An American Werewolf in London'.
      I could agree on Van Morrison and Moondance

      Comment


      • #18
        Nobody mentioned a 1-hit wonder - Moonlight Feels Right by Starbuck

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

          Well, among all those pix of Andy Williams they did throw in one with him and Claudine Longet
          There was a young woman named Longet
          Who came to Aspen to play
          Along came a Spider
          Who sat down beside her
          And she blew the poor bastard away

          (track connection: first heard that limerick at the '76 Olympic Trials)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            Nobody mentioned a 1-hit wonder - Moonlight Feels Right by Starbuck
            On purpose!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
              Nobody mentioned a 1-hit wonder - Moonlight Feels Right by Starbuck
              Know and quite like this one too but surprised that it missed the top 50 in the UK.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by user4 View Post

                Leon Redbone, wow what a talent.
                I don't always agree with user4, but I certainly agree that Leon Redbone was a great talent.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by gh View Post

                  There was a young woman named Longet
                  Who came to Aspen to play
                  Along came a Spider
                  Who sat down beside her
                  And she blew the poor bastard away

                  (track connection: first heard that limerick at the '76 Olympic Trials)
                  A classic SNL skit was the Claudine Longet Ski Racing Event - skiiers came down the hill and were systematically shot

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I just read the Wiki article on Longet. Oh, my!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                      I don't always agree with user4, but I certainly agree that Leon Redbone was a great talent.
                      It's good to know I'm right at least once! I just Iove the voice and the guitar picking, anyone that can turn a run-of-the-mill song like that into something that beautiful with no more than a voice and 6strings is very rare. I almost want to say that the stylyzed look was at best an unnecessary tangent but it was his trademark and struggling artists need that. He was a realtively young guy for that sound, way beyond his years.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X