Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T&F Jeopardy

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Track & Field for $1,000:
    This son of a Dutch immigrant had the first 15' pole vault--in fact, he had the first 43 15' pole vaults

    No one answered

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
      Track & Field for $1,000:
      This son of a Dutch immigrant had the first 15' pole vault--in fact, he had the first 43 15' pole vaults

      No one answered
      I was screaming Warmerdam at the TV,
      Last edited by lonewolf; 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        Today's re-run of 199? Tournament of Champions: Category: T&F

        Question: (paraphrased) 5' 8" Franklin Jacobs set a record for height differential when he exceeded his height by 23 inches in what event?
        First Guess: Long Jump ( by eventual winner of the day.).
        Second Guess: Pole Vault (by woman who participated in Sydney Olympic opening ceremony and dominated category)
        Third Guess: High Jump ( by blind contestant, previous five time winner)
        I'd like to think I might still be able to LJ 23 inches further than my height!

        Comment


        • #79
          Watched a recorded episode recently and in the category of "It's going to be close" an answer was "In 2015 after 8:08:32 just 8 seconds would separate the 1st & 3rd place finishers in this type of race". The question they were looking for was "what is a triathlon?" My question is, which triathlon was this? My google skills did not goggle an answer . . .

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            Apparently we need an entire thread for this:
            Today's question: Alex, "Hop, Step are first two phases of what track and field event?"
            First Response: Shot Put
            'Second Guesser: Long Jump
            I laughed because that's the way I use to do the shot put.....hop, step, and heave.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
              Watched a recorded episode recently and in the category of "It's going to be close" an answer was "In 2015 after 8:08:32 just 8 seconds would separate the 1st & 3rd place finishers in this type of race". The question they were looking for was "what is a triathlon?" My question is, which triathlon was this? My google skills did not goggle an answer . . .
              Ironman Chattanooga in 2015
              1 Kirill Kotshegarov EST 00:44:51 04:27:37 02:50:53 08:08:32 -21:41 US$ 20000
              2 Matt Chrabot USA 00:40:56 04:31:19 02:51:05 08:08:34 -20:03 US$ 10000
              3 Stefan Schmid GER 00:44:25 04:27:31 02:51:05 08:08:40 -22:03 US$ 6500

              Comment


              • #82
                Who's on first?

                The opening act!

                Duhhhh!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by gm View Post

                  Ironman Chattanooga in 2015
                  1 Kirill Kotshegarov EST 00:44:51 04:27:37 02:50:53 08:08:32 -21:41 US$ 20000
                  2 Matt Chrabot USA 00:40:56 04:31:19 02:51:05 08:08:34 -20:03 US$ 10000
                  3 Stefan Schmid GER 00:44:25 04:27:31 02:51:05 08:08:40 -22:03 US$ 6500
                  Thanks for the info! The only video I could find was not that dramatic because it only shows the last few seconds of the race.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOQ...youtu.be&t=444

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X