Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clemson University [monuments & names]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....

    NASCAR: “The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.”
    And banned by the US Marines: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-ba...blic-displays/

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
      I'm surprised the military hadn't already banned it 155 years ago.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
        I'm surprised the military hadn't already banned it 155 years ago.
        I know...insane...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Have you seen the comments coming from Dabo Swinney defending his assistant coach for using the N-word on one of his athletes?

          As I've said, Dabo Swinney is dumber than needle-nosed pliers.
          If Swinney's account of the story is accurate, I don't blame him. Lately politicians have been making fools of themselves trying to appease the wokesters and I hope this nonsense doesn't creep over into sports.

          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

          EDIT: I can only imagine how the wokesters would have reacted to F Lee Bailey during the O.J. Simpson murder trial when said "n****r" 27 times during his interrogation of Mark Furman.
          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 06-10-2020, 10:49 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Meanwhile....I didn't see this coming...

            William Gladstone: University of Liverpool to rename building over slavery links

            https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-engl...mpression=true

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              Meanwhile....I didn't see this coming...

              William Gladstone: University of Liverpool to rename building over slavery links

              https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-engl...mpression=true
              As an aside, the loan taken out by the British Government to compensate slave-owners upon abolition was not finally paid off until 2015. The total paid out was equivalent to about £17M (approx $20M).

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                Woke or not....That was a long time ago...and it's quite a bit different....or haven't you noticed.
                Originally posted by bad hammy
                You're from Florida and taking shots at racial issues in other states?? George Zimmerman would approve . . .
                Touched nerves, did I?
                I am NOT from Florida, I am from Connecticut, schooled in California. Much about Florida bothers me. I do my best here.
                Oregon is no better or worse than any other state about its hypocrisy. My sister is also real touchy about Oregon. No need. As I say, same hypocrisy - also same great people to be found.


                Comment


                • #23
                  Didn't touch a nerve - I was the one who posted the Oregon info. Just surprised you'd go there considering the current situation in your state.

                  I am NOT from Florida . . .
                  Touch nerves, did I??

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Atticus View Post



                    Touched nerves, did I?
                    I am NOT from Florida, I am from Connecticut, schooled in California. Much about Florida bothers me. I do my best here.
                    Oregon is no better or worse than any other state about its hypocrisy. My sister is also real touchy about Oregon. No need. As I say, same hypocrisy - also same great people to be found.

                    Hypocrisy? That's idiotic....like the state just talks and does nothing....

                    Mail in voting for everyone...

                    And stuff like this....

                    When Mental-Health Experts, Not Police, Are the First Responders

                    Program in Eugene, Ore., is viewed as a model for reducing risk of violence

                    https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-me....co/KZrLxjaygJ

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      While Florida does crap like this...

                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...hts-explained/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'd like to say that people are the same everywhere, and though I've spent most of my life in new England I have lived in the South, in California, in Washington and in other countries as well. I come to the conclusion that on the big issues, the ones that are most important, regional variations are small. There are subtle differences in culture and outlook. For instance regarding Southerners, they are generally more kind and a bit happier and less self absorbed than we northerners.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Meanwhile....in Georgia yesterday....where they go out of their way to make voting hard.....fine people all...

                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...c52_story.html
                          Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-11-2020, 02:44 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Ive been in long lines on election day in Massachusetts, .. and yet the WaPost didn't get all the miserable bitter cranks wound around the axle for me.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              An actual local paper covering Georgia's issues:
                              https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...E4hsHc4mFvLHI/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                                Have you seen the comments coming from Dabo Swinney defending his assistant coach for using the N-word on one of his athletes?

                                As I've said, Dabo Swinney is dumber than needle-nosed pliers.
                                There's a photo of him out and about wearing a black colored t-shirt that says "Football Matters" a few days after the protests started. Talk about tone deaf.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X