X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That boggles!

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Hypocrisy? That's idiotic....like the state just talks and does nothing....

Mail in voting for everyone...

And stuff like this....

When Mental-Health Experts, Not Police, Are the First Responders

Program in Eugene, Ore., is viewed as a model for reducing risk of violence

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-me....co/KZrLxjaygJ
      We’ve done a lot of things right here.

Comment

Originally posted by jc203 View Post
        Recently there was a movement on the Princeton campus to erase tributes and references to Woodrow Wilson because he made statements tacitly endorsing segregation more than a century ago.
        He made more than tacit statements. He resegregated the federal government.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-wilson-racist

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          We’ve done a lot of things right here.
          Most people do allot of things right while doing some things wrong.

Many people see only the things they do right and are blind to the things they do wrong.

The really self absorbed self righteous types can do all that and simultaneously not see the things others do right while focusing incredible attention on the things others do wrong. They make the most miserable neighbors.

Last edited by user4; 06-11-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Anyone who thinks THEIR state's s*** don't stink, just don't get out enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              It is amazing how much time people have to monitor every flaw in their neighbor's lives while simultaneously keeping completely oblivious to their own flaws.

Comment

And some state's shit-producers are a lot more productive and smellier than other states.

As I recall all the shit-throwing around here started when you took my Oregon history lesson and turned it into a way to bash your sister, who lives here, so next time just keep your poop to yourself and we'll all be kumbayaing in no time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  And some state's shit-producers are a lot more productive and smellier than other states.
                  As I recall all the shit-throwing around here started when you took my Oregon history lesson and turned it into a way to bash your sister, who lives here, so next time just keep your poop to yourself and we'll all be kumbayaing in no time . . .
                  You win. I'm sorry!
                  But she's my SISTER and I gotta give her grief, don't I?

Comment

Well, she is your sister, so I can see it. She has more than enough ammunition for return fire.

Comment

Well, she is your sister, so I can see it. She has more than enough ammunition for return fire.
                      Oh, she is much more refined than I. She would never even consider denigrating my adopted state. I, on the other hand, am an equal opportunity aspersion-caster - Florida is totally fair game for me.

Comment

Florida is totally fair game for me.
                        Dave Barry has made a career od this.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                          Dave Barry has made a career od this.
                          And he was being kind!
                          Florida has earned its late-night-comedians image.
                          I have never met any of them yet, but there sure seems to be plenty of them (wading into alligator ponds, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

Most people do allot of things right while doing some things wrong.

Many people see only the things they do right and are blind to the things they do wrong.

The really self absorbed self righteous types can do all that and simultaneously not see the things others do right while focusing incredible attention on the things others do wrong. They make the most miserable neighbors.
                            Oh my. Feeling a bit judgy, are we?

Comment

University of Oregon going through the same process. In 2016 they reviewed two building names and changed one. Now they're going after the other.

In related news, last night folks pulled down the statues of Mr. & Mrs. Pioneer.

On the UO campus, the call to remove the statues in the past couple of years has focused on how monuments, especially the Pioneer Father and Mother statues, misrepresent or omit the Native American role in Oregon’s history.

Last spring marked the 100-year anniversary of the Pioneer Father’s arrival to campus. The bronze statue stood on top of a boulder and its plaque read simply, “Presented to the University of Oregon by Joseph N. Teal 1919.”

Native American students objected to the statue’s presence on campus, sparking demands to move it.

“The statue either misrepresents Oregon’s history or at least tells a very one-sided story of Oregon’s history,” Bret Gilbert, former co-director of the Native American Student Union at UO, said last year. “Whether it’s erasing it or not, it perpetuates the wide-held belief that this land was discovered and uninhabited ... and that’s not the history of this land.”

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...-oregon-campus

Comment

Oh dear....

Is Emil Faber next?

Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-15-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X