Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Since the school was presumably named for Pope John XXIII (formerly Cardinal Roncalli), the Roncalli Cardinals might be a good name--or would that be considered sacrilegious?
    Apparently not . . .
    https://battlingbishops.com/

Comment

Since the school was presumably named for Pope John XXIII (formerly Cardinal Roncalli), the Roncalli Cardinals might be a good name--or would that be considered sacrilegious?
      Not a bit imho. Good one ! ( and for sure, that's the source of the school's name.

Comment

• Nah, after all, there has been no push against the Providence Friars and a few other Catholic nicknames. We take it as a badge of honor.

Comment

• Black athletes are apparently bailing at Liberty

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/li...ll-sports.html

Comment

• What a surprise...

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              Black athletes are apparently bailing at Liberty
              Tip of the iceberg.

https://www.whsv.com/2020/06/24/evan...ial-reckoning/

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                  Black athletes are apparently bailing at Liberty

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/li...ll-sports.html
                  I've always been amazed that they would ever go there in the first place. You don't have to be woke to know what the Falwells are all about.
                  Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-03-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                    I've always been amazed that they would ever go there in the first place. You don't have to be woke to know what the Falwells are all about.
                    Indeed you'd have to have your head in the sand....

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                      For those of you who are looking for a reason get/stay pissed at Amazon, I present the following: https://www.amazon.com/Splatter-Nobo.../dp/B08CCDGNSC

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      I missed it. What were they selling?

Amazon still not adequately screening products: https://www.forbes.com/sites/barryco.../#4c1598bf7460

The good news is they quickly pulled the shoes once they were outed, and a quick check shows that the 'all lives splatter' shirt is still no longer for sale.

Comment

• Oops, spoke too soon . . .

all lives splatter shirt.JPG

Comment

• Nobody Crares?

Comment

Nobody Crares?
                            That's called a 'clue' about the makers.

Comment

• As it turns out, there's dozens of these shirts for sale (coffee mugs and masks too, although I'm guessing that folks who would own the statement have a lot of overlap with anti-maskers). Most spell 'cares' correctly . . .

all lives splatter shirts.JPG

Comment

• It turns out Jeff Bezos has a public, monitored email account ([email protected]) so I sent him an email the other day, and shortly thereafter got a brush-off "thanks for the info" note from Amazon Heather. Of course all the products are still there as of two minutes ago.

My guess is that if more folks emailed Jeff about this they'd take it more seriously. Probably more effective would be a tweet that gets traction, but outside of these boards and email I don't do social media. If you feel so inclined please email or tweet out about this.

Date: Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:47 PM
                                Subject: All Lives Splatter shirts, mugs & masks?? WTF Amazon??#!??
                                To: <[email protected]>

Dear Jeff,

As a longtime customer (22 years, 1154 orders, dollars too many to count) I'm disgusted that you are selling All Lives Splatter products, this at the same time Amazon's in the news for selling shoes in the color of nigger-brown. Are you the world's biggest clearing house for racist junk?

I contacted the writer of the shoe article from Forbes and there will be a follow-up article if the All Lives Splatter products are still there in a few days.

Clean house. Get rid of these kinds of products for good, not just when they show up in the headlines.

From one pissed-off customer . . .

bad hammy

Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:54 AM
                                Subject: A Message from Amazon Customer Service

Hello Mr. hammy,

We've forwarded this to the correct team internally. Thank you for the information.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,

Heather

Date: Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 12:10 PM
                                Subject: Re: A Message from Amazon Customer Service
                                To: <[email protected]>

Hi there Heather,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Should I anticipate hearing back from you folks on this issue, or just check the site once in a while to see if the boatload of racist products have been removed?

Best regards,

bad hammy

Last edited by bad hammy; 08-06-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X