Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd guess that "Heather" is just AI of some sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      I'd guess that "Heather" is just AI of some sort.
      Probably, although it took AI 16 hours to respond. Also, if AI detects a trend it may get bumped up, so email Jeff!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
        I'd guess that "Heather" is just AI of some sort.
        im so surprised that Jeff doesnt answer every email personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Apparently not . . .
          https://battlingbishops.com/
          Battling Bishops evokes power imagery. Sounds like a skit featuring Michael Palin!

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
            Battling Bishops evokes power imagery. Sounds like a skit featuring Michael Palin!
            "No one expects the . . . "

Comment

• The minor league (baseball) Spokane Indians are keeping their name, with the full support of the local Spokane Tribe.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2020/08/0...steady-course/

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

"No one expects the . . . "
                My Catholic High School is sticking with the Green Knights. And as far as I know, our rivals are sticking to the Crusaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                  The minor league (baseball) Spokane Indians are keeping their name, with the full support of the local Spokane Tribe.
                  https://ballparkdigest.com/2020/08/0...steady-course/
                  If that is the case, shouldn't they just be the Spokanes?

Comment

• Just talked to long time PA track official friends who live 20 miles from Gettysburg. That battlefield is littered with statues and monuments to both Union and Confederate units and states. Has anyone heard any grumbling about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      Just talked to long time PA track official friends who live 20 miles from Gettysburg. That battlefield is littered with statues and monuments to both Union and Confederate units and states. Has anyone heard any grumbling about this?
                      Fwiw no one has complained about battle sites...

Comment

• Vicksburg is the same way. And there never has been any grumbling about whether the Union statues and monuments should be removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          Fwiw no one has complained about battle sites...
                          I agree.
                          Battle sites, even Nazi ones, should commemorate those who fell there.

Comment

• German food company to change racist name of popular sauce

BERLIN (AP) — One of Germany's best-known food companies said it will rename a popular spicy dressing because of the racist connotations of its name.

Food company Knorr will change the name of its “Zigeuersauce,” or "gypsy sauce" to "Paprika Sauce Hungarian Style," the German weekly Bild am Sonntag reported Sunday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/german-fo...124559986.html

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                              Just talked to long time PA track official friends who live 20 miles from Gettysburg. That battlefield is littered with statues and monuments to both Union and Confederate units and states. Has anyone heard any grumbling about this?
                              I have heard that the Confederates were initially allowed to build only state monuments, while Union has monuments for individual units. (This has been relaxed over time, since there are now some monuments for Confederate units.) This was to make sure everyone knows which side was the victor.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

This was to make sure everyone knows which side was the victor.
                                This clearly was not sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                                X