No announcement yet.

How many 'Karens' are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dated 2 different Karens in my teenage years and in the mid-'70s, the company's office manager was a Karen, but I can't remember the last time I met one.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      I dated 2 different Karens in my teenage years and in the mid-'70s, the company's office manager was a Karen, but I can't remember the last time I met one.
      I just kissed one - my wife.

Comment

In the UK about 30 years ago, there used to be a stereotype of young, unsophisticated, "common" women and teenagers being called either Tracey or Sharon. This probably helped these names fall rapidly out of fashion so that they have now become very much middle-aged women's names.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          It sez here that in 2018, Karen was the 635th most popular name for girls born in the US in 2018. https://www.verywellfamily.com/top-1...-names-2757832
          Old news. Reported a few posts up by one of the boards "on the pulse" contributors.

Comment

Oops, you're right. I missed that.

Comment

I just looked through my calendar of prospective clients over the past 2 months and came up with 8 Karen's across the country. Most, for some reason, in North Central US. Age range was 55-64 which I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I just kissed one - my wife.
                OOH. That is SO not P.C.

Comment

Do we have a name for men like this, or is he also called "Karen"?

White man called police on Black and Hispanic men at marina

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...arina-71476856

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                    Do we have a name for men like this, or is he also called "Karen"?
                    White man called police on Black and Hispanic men at marina
                    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...arina-71476856
                    I'll go with Ken (Barbie's significant other).

Comment

Haven't all the Ken's suffered enough already??

Somewhat predictably, when I mentioned the Karen meme to my Fox-watching sister she had no clue what I was talking about . . .

Comment

a Karen goes off in a Dallas grocery store

https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/dalla...n-supermarket/

Comment

I know the Central Park Coopers was discussed before but I don't know if this point was made. If I were a cop I would be as mad at Amy Cooper as I am at rioters because what was implied by her performance is that she has the same perception of police as the most unhinged Black Lives Matter activist which is that cops are a bunch of racists goons who love to fuck up Black people.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            If I were a cop I would be as mad at Amy Cooper as I am at rioters because what was implied by her performance is that she has the same perception of police as the most unhinged Black Lives Matter activist which is that cops are a bunch of racists goons who love to fuck up Black people.
                            Based on what's happened in the last month, maybe Amy Cooper was realistic.
                            Last edited by J Rorick; 06-30-2020, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I'll go with Ken (Barbie's significant other).
                              That is the name that the media seem to be going with. An item this morning on SNOPES refers to the gun-toting couple in St. Louis as Ken and Karen. As usual, you are ahead of most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Based on what's happened in the last month, maybe Amy Cooper was realistic.
                                About what? About an innocent bird watcher posing a threat to her simply because he asked her to leash her dog?

Comment

Working...
                                X