Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
    A.You added that asterisk after the fact, only to make your opinion look more intellectual. :-)
    B. an obsolete relic as you and others portray it. Wishful thinking.
    C. If fans like it, keep it around some; if not, get rid of it.
    A. Guilty, I need all the help I can get.
    B. Yes and no. I have nothing against the Mile, but it is indeed a relic.
    C. I'll go you one better: do keep it for nostalgia's sake. I would also like to see the 100y and the 2-mile run occasionally, for the historical perspective.

Comment

Always sort of wished the IAAF/WA had kept the mile and the 100 yards, instead of only the mile. That always seemed like a classic sprint distance to me, being a Merkan

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
        There hasn't been a World Indoors for the past several years (since 2018). But my main point was they have the mile @ USATF the majority of the time (at least every other year) and every year @ the NCAA. Atticus said they don't have it at National Championships.
        Along with other "classic" distances like 300m, 600m and 1000m...

Comment

Can we also bring the baseball/softball throw back? People seemed to like that.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
            Can we also bring the baseball/softball throw back? People seemed to like that.
            Holy cow. That was a real thing. I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Holy cow. That was a real thing. I had no idea.
              Babe Didriksen won the '31 AAU with a 296-0 WR!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Yup, and they have it at Euro Invitationals quite often. It's a quaint idiosyncrasy that has continuing nostalgic appeal, like three-legged and sack and egg&spoon races!
                I doubt Jim Ryun would have gotten a Medal of Freedom for a world record in the egg & spoon race.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                  I doubt Jim Ryun would have gotten a Medal of Freedom for a world record in the egg & spoon race.
                  Depends on his time.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Depends on his time.
                    Indeed....there have been some notable egg and spooners over the years.

And don't forget Pancake Racing....

https://www.tripsavvy.com/olney-panc...dition-1662593
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-30-2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post

he would have if the distance had been a mile 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

he would have if the distance had been a mile 🤪
                        Indeed Ryun would still be WR holder in the Egg and Spoon Mile if he had only trained for it.

The fastest mile egg and spoon race is 5 min 27 sec achieved by Stefan Ritte (Germany) at Lake Aasee in Bocholt Hills, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, on 14 September 2013.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...and-spoon-race

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          Indeed Ryun would still be WR holder in the Egg and Spoon Mile if he had only trained for it.
                          The fastest mile egg and spoon race is 5 min 27 sec achieved by Stefan Ritte (Germany) at Lake Aasee in Bocholt Hills, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, on 14 September 2013.
                          I would say that this thread has 'drifted far afield', but could we agree on how to measure how far afield?

Comment

https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/statu...67725057654785

Comment

"Love is measured in . . . feet."

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...and-spoon-race
                                But he still would not get a Medal of Freedom for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X