Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non-sexual abuse of young athletes

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    more U.S. gymnastics abuse

    https://www.ocregister.com/2021/04/0...for-safesport/

    Comment


    • #32
      Same in NZ

      Comment


      • #33
        These young women are not "athletes" but the story is no less disturbing...

        The distressing familiarity of the USC Song Girls' reportedly toxic culture

        https://sports.yahoo.com/the-distres...234927578.html

        Comment


        • #34
          "Voluntary" workout?

          https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...r-to-eat-pork/
          Six football coaches at Canton McKinley High School in Ohio have been fired for allegedly forcing a player to eat pork -- which goes against his religious beliefs -- as punishment for missing a voluntary workout.
          Last edited by 18.99s; 06-04-2021, 09:47 PM. Reason: Fixed URL

          Comment


          • #35
            this is the proper URL

            https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...%20the%20claim.

            Comment


            • #36
              Fixed the URL. It's one of those pages with the weird behavior of automatically changing the URL when you scroll beyond the end of the first article.

              Comment


              • #37
                What a bunch of morons...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Florida's Cameron Newbauer shows how women are failed by sports (yahoo.com)

                  Who, exactly, is protecting female athletes on college campuses? Anyone?

                  If headlines from the last few months are any indication, there aren't many who are.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I'm friendly with the parents of a former member of the Gator basketball program who's only comment to me when he mentioned she left the program was that she decided on Florida to get her medical degree. There was a ton of information written on his face when he made the comment that I felt he was holding back.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      She is not exactly "young" any more, but...

                      Bobsledder Humphries left Canada over alleged abuse. The move might cost her an Olympics. (yahoo.com)

                      Kaillie Humphries, the world's most successful female bobsled driver, lives an American life with her American husband in an American townhouse on an American cul-de-sac about a mile from the first American Legoland. A Team USA flag flutters beside her front door.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        USA Gymnastics fired its security firm after it reported abuse to Safesport:

                        https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/2...-to-safesport/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          When Anne Donovan played in Japan back in 1980s, there was a clause in her contract that the coaches would not slap her. Apparently, that was a thing back then, and she actually witnessed her teammates being slapped during practice.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by gh View Post
                            USA Gymnastics fired its security firm after it reported abuse to Safesport:

                            https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/2...-to-safesport/
                            The odiousness is never-ending.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                              When Anne Donovan played in Japan back in 1980s, there was a clause in her contract that the coaches would not slap her. Apparently, that was a thing back then, and she actually witnessed her teammates being slapped during practice.
                              Wasn't there a fairly well known video of the Japan woman's volleyball team training with some pretty rough treatment from the coaches? I think the vid was from the 70's or 80's.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                                Wasn't there a fairly well known video of the Japan woman's volleyball team training with some pretty rough treatment from the coaches? I think the vid was from the 70's or 80's.
                                See Post 4.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X