• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can go on and on....

Deion Sanders calls out those who opt out

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-who-opt-out/

Comment

• If you were going to be drafted high next spring opting out was an option....but the average player...forget it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Right....in the warped college atmosphere I'm sure that meant alot.

A College Athlete Calls His Coach to Opt Out. And Ends Up on the Outs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/s...s-opt-out.html
        You mean to tell me that there are coaches who violate NCAA rules? Who woulda thunk it? Next thing you're going to tell me that there are coaches who drive over the speed limit, cheat on their wives and do all sorts of other things that people in other professions do.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nd-eligibility
        Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-15-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• I knew about the NCAA rules. As we both know a lot of coaches don't care.

Curious how players feel about it.
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-15-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

You mean to tell me that there are coaches who violate NCAA rules? Who woulda thunk it? Next thing you're going to tell me that there are coaches who drive over the speed limit, cheat on their wives and do all sorts of other things that people in other professions do....
            but methinks there are few other professions who love to tout how they're "building men of character" and now noble it is to be a football player

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

but methinks there are few other professions who love to tout how they're "building men of character" and now noble it is to be a football player
              There's no doubt that there are plenty of sanctimonious hypocrites coaching college football but I can think of a good many of other professions infested with these creatures (eg. college basketball coaches, AAU basketball coaches, preachers, military recruiters, politicians, insurance salesmen, etc.). However, I think they are the exception, not the rule.

By the way, I was really hopeful for Deion Sanders when he took the job at Jackson State but with the hiring of Warren Sapp and Terrell Owen's as assistant coaches and now this asinine statement, I think he's going to be running a shitshow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                ..By the way, I was really hopeful for Deion Sanders when he took the job at Jackson State but with the hiring of Warren Sapp and Terrell Owen's as assistant coaches and now this asinine statement, I think he's going to be running a shitshow.
                I don't doubt that you know more about NCAAF coaching and more about the 3 greats mentioned above, but to the average fan , we see Sanders, Sapp and Owens as great men, of great integrity. Im going to give them time to get something good rolling before condemning them to the ash heap.

Comment

• Here in Tampa, Warren Sapp is pretty well known as a complete asshat. From one personal experience and a lot of others confirming basically the same behavior, I can confirm said asshattedness.

I doubt too many think he's rounding anyone into anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post

... but to the average fan , we see Sanders, Sapp and Owens as great men, of great integrity. I....
                    and exactly why would we do that?

Comment

• College football would be fine if it had nothing to do with colleges.

Semi pro football.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        Here in Tampa, Warren Sapp is pretty well known as a complete asshat. From one personal experience and a lot of others confirming basically the same behavior, I can confirm said asshattedness.

I doubt too many think he's rounding anyone into anything.
                        i should have read Sapp's wiki page, his background does not inspire confidence in a stellar start to a coaching career..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Sapp

I should have done my background check on Owens too. I stand corrected but at worse it will be a train wreck, not a shit show.
                        Last edited by user4; 10-16-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• With the craziness this year, they should scrap the playoffs, hopefully just for this season, and go back to the six bowl games on New Year’s Day format, just for fun. Create some fun matchups. There’s gonna be such a huge asterisk by the national championship winner this year it’s almost not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
                            it will be a train wreck, not a shit show.
                            This brings up an important question, though. Which is worse - a train wreck or a shitshow? Discuss amongst yourselves.

Comment

• I imagine that as a doctor, you'd have been more likely to see victims of train wrecks than shit shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                I imagine that as a doctor, you'd have been more likely to see victims of train wrecks than shit shows.
                                Very few train wrecks, although one of my fellow residents wrote a famous paper on train wreck injuries. At the end of our residency we had the Chief Residents dinner, where each chief gets roasted by a resident in the next year. The roast for that Chief (who is now an esteemed Chief of Ortho at a major University), had the great line, "Xxxxx showed that if you're hit by a train, and more than 1 minute from a hospital, you're in deep shit." Xxxxx Xxxx was a little controversial as a resident, although he was always great to me. His roast also opened with the line, "I am here to roast Xxxxx Xxxx. This really isn't a roast, its a smorgasbord."

What we tended to see more than anything in the ER were victims of the knife and gun club.

Comment

Working...
                                X