Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, it occurs to me that while you, as an orthopedists, might have seen a train wreck victim, it would be the gastroenterologists who'd have to deal with the victims of shit shows. 😉

(This does have something to do with college football, doesn't it? 😎 )

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      Actually, it occurs to me that while you, as an orthopedists, might have seen a train wreck victim, it would be the gastroenterologists who'd have to deal with the victims of shit shows. 😉

(This does have something to do with college football, doesn't it? 😎 )
      General surgeons also see lots of shitshows. Why I hated general surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
        With the craziness this year, they should scrap the playoffs, hopefully just for this season, and go back to the six bowl games on New Year’s Day format, just for fun. Create some fun matchups. There’s gonna be such a huge asterisk by the national championship winner this year it’s almost not worth it.
        It's all rather silly. Not sure that many are even paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          It's all rather silly. Not sure that many are even paying attention.
          The SEC/ACC/Big-10/12 fans sure are. The PAC-12 . . . sorta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            The SEC/ACC/Big-10/12 fans sure are. The PAC-12 . . . sorta.
            Sure....but like the NBA title...with low ratings .... not many are really paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
              With the craziness this year, they should scrap the playoffs, hopefully just for this season, and go back to the six bowl games on New Year’s Day format, just for fun. Create some fun matchups. There’s gonna be such a huge asterisk by the national championship winner this year it’s almost not worth it.
              NCAA just opened bowl games to all teams. Guess we'll see some 3-6 bottom feeders from the SEC playing in late Dec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post

NCAA just opened bowl games to all teams. Guess we'll see some 3-6 bottom feeders from the SEC playing in late Dec.
                ESPN needs something to fill the void.

Comment

How else are they gonna beat 'Tiger King' reruns?

Comment

There's an article on the ATP (Men's Tennis) website about Tennis Channel getting a multi-year contract with exclusive broadcast rights to all Masters 1000 events, plus all 500 and 250 ATP events. Article implies Tennis Channel signed contarct with WTA for basically the same thing for their (differently named tiers) events. That would leave ESPN with only the 3 Grand Slams (Aussie, Wimbledon, U.S. Open). NBC and Tennis Channel share the contract on the French Open.
                    Sounds to me that ESPN wants to lay off some tennis announcers (Cliff Drysdale for a start???).

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                      There's an article on the ATP (Men's Tennis) website about Tennis Channel getting a multi-year contract with exclusive broadcast rights to all Masters 1000 events, plus all 500 and 250 ATP events. Article implies Tennis Channel signed contarct with WTA for basically the same thing for their (differently named tiers) events. That would leave ESPN with only the 3 Grand Slams (Aussie, Wimbledon, U.S. Open). NBC and Tennis Channel share the contract on the French Open.
                      Sounds to me that ESPN wants to lay off some tennis announcers (Cliff Drysdale for a start???).
                      I think Cliff Drysdale only freelances for ESPN and does other stuff. Besides, he is now about 80 years old so probably no big deal if he is laid off, to him. I think the only announcer ESPN has who primarily does tennis is Chris McKendry, who is excellent. She was a college tennis player and stepped back from other duties a few years ago to spend more time with her family, and just do tennis.

Comment

• What about Cahill (who still has his coaching), Chris Fowler (who still has NCAA football), Chris Evert, Patrick McEnroe, Pam Shriver, Brad Gilbert, Mary Jo Fernandez (who still has her rich agent husband, which means she won't get the axe because ESPN wants those Federer interviews at the Slams), and Jason Goodall? And James Blake just left Tennis Channel to join ESPN for the recent U.S. Open.

Note to gh: the Chris Fowler reference means it's pertinent to NCAA football
                        Last edited by J Rorick; 10-17-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Dan Mullen has tested positive for Covid-19. I guess he personally wanted to infect all 90,000 Gator fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                            What about Cahill (who still has his coaching), Chris Fowler (who still has NCAA football), Chris Evert, Patrick McEnroe, Pam Shriver, Brad Gilbert, Mary Jo Fernandez (who still has her rich agent husband, which means she won't get the axe because ESPN wants those Federer interviews at the Slams), and Jason Goodall? And James Blake just left Tennis Channel to join ESPN for the recent U.S. Open.

Note to gh: the Chris Fowler reference means it's pertinent to NCAA football
                            never heard of him/her

Comment

Holy moly. The SEC is a COVID Forest fire.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByPatFord...97350387400704
                              Not quite, at least as far as Saban is concerned. Three consecutive negative tests since the positive means it was almost certainly a false positive.
                              There are no strings on me

Comment

• Fowler used to host ESPN Gameday (at the venue of usually their biggest game of the week). HE is now ESPN's lead college football announcer (with Kirk Herbstreit). If you watched the last 3 or 4 BCS Championship games, you were listening to his announcing.

Comment

Working...
                                X