Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guru View Post
    Deeply disturbing news out of Baton Rouge. Will Orgeron survive the fallout?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6327647002/
    <<LSU has hired law firm Husch Blackwell >>

winner of the best under-the-run lawyer name ever!

Comment

This sounds like JoePa stuff - a head coach who will do anything to keep his team going and protect its infrastructure. Coach O is laser-focused on what goes on in the program, football-wise. He may delegate everything else. I hope he's out of this loop on this stuff, but of course, that in itself, is a big problem.

Comment

• The Quarterback Whisperer strikes again, as Quinn Ewers, the #1 ranked QB - and #1 overall - in the 2022 class flips from Texas and commits to Ohio State. OSU now has the #1 overall prospect in each of the next three recruiting classes committed.

So much for those who said recruiting would suffer post-Urban Meyer...

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...its-ohio-state
        There are no strings on me

Comment

• None of the Ohio State quarterbacks has turned out to be worth a damn in the pros. Except Burrow, who got out with two years to spare. Maybe Fields will change that: after watching him play, I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
            None of the Ohio State quarterbacks has turned out to be worth a damn in the pros. .

Which has nothing to do with college football, the subject of this post.

That said, Day has only been at Ohio State since 2017, and OSU only moved to a pro style offense when he took over as head coach last year. Dwayne Haskins was the first pro style QB Ohio State has had in over a decade, and in one year under Day became a Heisman finalist. The NFL verdict is out on him - it certainly doesnt help he's playing for the most dysfunctional team in the league. Time will tell down the line, but it says alot about Ryan Day that every top prep QB in the country is falling over themselves to come to OSU, knowing they'll have to fight like hell to win the starting job, when they could have it handed to them at most other Power 5 schools.

There are no strings on me

Comment

• Quarterback recruits used to flock to Jimbo Fisher. Has Day replaced Fisher as the quarterback whisperer already?

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6327647002/
                Well, at least athletes don't get any special treatment not afforded to the rest of the student body.
                "USA TODAY also found three cases in which, rather than expelling or suspending male students found responsible for sexual assault, LSU allowed them to stay on campus. The men, non-athletes, received "deferred suspensions," a probationary period during which they must stay out of trouble."

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post

Well, at least athletes don't get any special treatment not afforded to the rest of the student body.
                  "USA TODAY also found three cases in which, rather than expelling or suspending male students found responsible for sexual assault, LSU allowed them to stay on campus. The men, non-athletes, received "deferred suspensions," a probationary period during which they must stay out of trouble."
                  I guess that's the only bright spot in this story, athletes and non-athletes alike were allowed to behave like Neanderthals. Maybe Orgeron can plead, "I was treating my athletes just like regular students. You wouldn't want me to give them special treatment would you?"

Comment

• Stanford - Wazoo game canceled. WSU can't field enough players due to Covid.

Comment

• Don't want to jinx them, but my alma mater is playing game #11 tomorrow.

ETA: And they won! Now 2-9 on the year with one game remaining.
                      Last edited by gm; 11-22-2020, 04:01 PM. Reason: update

Comment

• 18 games were cancelled or postponed this weekend, and Utah played its first game of the season.

Comment

• Dabo Swinney: Florida State used COVID-19 as an 'excuse' to postpone Clemson game

https://sports.yahoo.com/dabo-swinne...234256017.html

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
                            Dabo Swinney: Florida State used COVID-19 as an 'excuse' to postpone Clemson gamehttps://sports.yahoo.com/dabo-swinne...234256017.html
                            Have I commented before on this forum about my feelings about Dabo Swinney?

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                              Have I commented before on this forum about my feelings about Dabo Swinney?
                              Freud would call it a 'reaction formation' in which your denial of the man-crush on him belies the deep affection this bromance has engendered in you for your soul-mate!

Comment

• I only have a bromance or man-crush with Rafael Nadal, who is my favorite athlete - probably of all-time, although rivalled by Ben Hogan

Comment

Working...
                                X