Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President hospitalized thread [facts only, NO OPINION]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • President hospitalized thread [facts only, NO OPINION]

    its own thread, so it doesn't overwhelm the original Coping thread

    I shouldn't need to say so, but obviously keep partisan politics out of this
    Last edited by gh; 10-03-2020, 11:50 PM.

  • #2
    Meanwhile....

    News has confirmed President Trump's top aide, Hope Hicks, has tested positive for the coronavirus.

    NEWS: Hope Hicks, who traveled with Trump aboard Air Force One to and from the presidential debate on Tuesday, and to his Minnesota rally yesterday, has coronavirus, sources tell me.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferJ...20562587619333

    Comment


    • #3
      After Trump's adviser Hope Hicks had mild symptoms on Wednesday and tested positive, he and the First Lady both tested positive. Trump's positive test was confirmed on his own Twitter page.

      Biden will be tested today because of his potential exposure during the debate.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Hope Hicks, who traveled with Trump aboard Air Force One to and from the presidential debate on Tuesday, and to his Minnesota rally yesterday, has coronavirus, sources tell me.
        Which is why POTUS and FLOTUS now have it also.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
          After Trump's adviser Hope Hicks had mild symptoms on Wednesday and tested positive, he and the First Lady both tested positive. Trump's positive test was confirmed on his own Twitter page.

          Biden will be tested today because of his potential exposure during the debate.
          And now POTUS as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
            And now POTUS as well.
            ??

            Did you mean VPOTUS? I already wrote that Trump tested positive.

            Comment


            • #7
              Meanwhile...


              Covid-19 Live Updates: Trump’s Virus Symptoms Appear Mild So Far


              President Trump is experiencing coldlike symptoms after testing positive for the coronavirus, according to two people familiar with his condition. Vice President Mike Pence and other officials have tested negative.

              https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10...19-coronavirus

              Comment


              • #8
                Meanwhile....

                GOP donors panic after coming close to Trump at fundraiser hours before his positive Covid-19 test

                The gathering had tickets costing up to $250,000. Dr. Rich Roberts, a longtime Republican donor, told The Lakewood Scoop on Friday that Trump privately met with about 19 people at the event. Roberts estimates that the meeting lasted about 45 minutes.

                https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/02/...mpression=true

                Comment


                • #9
                  BREAKING: Joe Biden has tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19, per a senior Biden campaign official.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    BREAKING: Joe Biden has tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19, per a senior Biden campaign official.
                    That's good but he's not out of the woods yet. Hopefully he'll continue to test negative over the next few days.

                    EDIT: If Trump gets as sick as Boris Johnson was, and is in the hospital on election day, would this be what you call a Black Swan event?
                    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-02-2020, 06:29 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                      That's good but he's not out of the woods yet. Hopefully he'll continue to test negative over the next few days.

                      EDIT: If Trump gets as sick as Boris Johnson was, and is in the hospital on election day, would this be what you call a Black Swan event?
                      True....but Tuesday Biden never got near Trump or anyone in his entourage.

                      If Trump is in the hospital a month from now that is pretty grim.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Meanwhile...


                        “No One Knows Where This Is Going to Go”: Pandemonium Inside the White House as Trump Contracts COVID-19

                        The president has a cough and a fever; the first lady is said to be asymptomatic. The real question is how bad it gets—and how the election unfolds. “It’s as if the campaign ended yesterday,” says a former West Wing official.

                        https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...racts-covid-19

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          But increasingly it looked like a possible source of the spread may have been the ceremony in the White House Rose Garden last Saturday when Mr. Trump announced his nomination of Judge Barrett, an event where few wore masks or kept socially distant. So far, several people who were there have said they have since tested positive, including Senator Mike Lee, Republican of Utah, and the Rev. John I. Jenkins, the president of University of Notre Dame.

                          https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/u....co/fKuFPxwCOD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            If Trump is in the hospital a month from now that is pretty grim.
                            It would not surprise me to learn that somewhere in the White House complex there is the equivalent of a hospital unit, possibly including everything that would be needed in an ICU.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Patients with COVID-19 can perk along with mild symptoms for a number of days, a week, and then fairly rapidly have things worsen and end up in the hospital and/or the ICU within 24 to 48 hours.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X