This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Shalala may say that but I can tell you that's not what we deal with in the real world, and that's not what we are told by consultants. Shalala may have "written" it, as in sponsored it, but like all politicians I doubt she read the entire bill, just as none of them read the ObamaCare (for the record, I read the entire 2,000+ pages) bill. Their aides wrote it for them and they don't read the whole thing.
    Shalala was the Secretary of Health and Human Services when HIPAA was written, not just some back-bench congresswoman. This would have been part of her portfolio, so it wouldn't surprise me if she got into the minutia of the HIPAA law, and I would be surprised if she didn't.

Comment

• The first thing he did when he arrived at the White House before entering was take off his mask.

Comment

• Wait, so when your discharged from the hospital that doesn't mean your corona free? 😀
        Last edited by ATK; 10-06-2020, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

Shalala may say that but I can tell you that's not what we deal with in the real world, and that's not what we are told by consultants. Shalala may have "written" it, as in sponsored it, but like all politicians I doubt she read the entire bill, just as none of them read the ObamaCare (for the record, I read the entire 2,000+ pages) bill. Their aides wrote it for them and they don't read the whole thing.
          After reading a bit more about Gilmartin and Leavitt, I have doubts that the source was a covered entity. I doubt Sean Spicer knows what a covered entity is and thus probably doesn't understand the regulation. Unless the source was a medical professional or someone or entity acting on behalf of that medical professional, there is not HIPAA violation. Gilmartin says to anyone "I'm positive" and that person tells the press, there is no violation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            Is Trump getting the medical advice he wants rather than the advice he needs?

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...mpression=true
            the title of this thread says in all-caps NO OPINION

Comment

• Trump's Campaign Spokesman said that he will participate in the next debate.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ebate-campaign

The debate is scheduled for the October 15th which is 10 days from now, inside the typical 14 day quarantine period. We dont know if Trump is actually covid free or when his last negative test was. If the ride around the block in his car was alarming, what about traveling to Miami?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

the title of this thread says in all-caps NO OPINION
                Pull this thread ... please ! If you can't talk about the s**t Trump pulled today, there is no point
                to the fact/opinion dance.

Comment

Working...
                X