Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President hospitalized thread [facts only, NO OPINION]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    May I veer a bit from the subject at hand to say I LOVE the name "Hope Hicks"?
    Really, I do!
    If I were choosing the name of the female heroine in a Hallmark Channel movie---or in a good romance novel---Hope Hicks would be a GREAT name to choose!!
    P.S. I LOVE Hallmark Channel movies!
    LOL

    Comment


    • #32
      Meanwhile....

      Sen. Thom Tillis tests positive for COVID, the 5th (by my count) case from the Amy Coney Barrett nomination ceremonies, after both Trumps, Sen. Mike Lee, and Notre Dame President Rev. John Jenkins.

      https://mobile.twitter.com/DKThomp/s...86882088865792

      Comment


      • #33
        “Trouble breathing,” says Trump campaign adviser. It’s “serious.”

        https://mobile.twitter.com/McCartney...91372808445953

        Comment


        • #34
          Jim Acosta just now on CNN: "I talked to a Trump campaign advisor a short while ago that said this is serious. That the president has been having some trouble breathing, that he's been very fatigued today, very tired."

          https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...83105881423873

          Comment


          • #35
            multiple posts purged... when I say NO POLITICS, I mean it.

            the thread is within an inch of being locked down.

            Comment


            • #36
              BREAKING NEWS: Kellyanne Conway's Daughter Says on TikTok That Her Mom Has COVID-19
              I don't necessarily believe this one, but I did think she--Kellyanne-- was a 'usual suspect.'

              Comment


              • #37
                Couple of comments. Being brought to Walter Reed via Marine One was concerning as it indicated some urgency that could not be met with a limo ride. Frankly, I don't expect the flow of info to be anything but the most optimistic from any POTUS in this situation. Obviously if Pence is handed the reigns that will not be a good sign.

                I don't think this has any effect on the results of the election as most people are locked into their positions at this point or so it seems.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  I don't think this has any effect on the results of the election as most people are locked into their positions at this point or so it seems.
                  The electorate isn't 100% dug into their fox holes. A small percentage (eg.Never-Trumpers, Independents, etc.) might be moved by such a development, and hundreds of millions of dollar are being spent in states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan to win these folks over.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    “Trouble breathing,” says Trump campaign adviser. It’s “serious.”

                    https://mobile.twitter.com/McCartney...91372808445953
                    Apparently he's been given a dose of Regeneron which seems as if it is in the experimental stage as a treatment. Reads to me that it provides anti-bodies to beat the virus to taking hold. I can't say I walked away from the comments feeling that this issue was anything remotely approaching "mild".

                    Maybe some of the medical professionals can give some input here.
                    Last edited by NotDutra5; 10-03-2020, 03:43 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Synthetic antibodies against the virus, like one’s immune system would produce. I wouldn’t read too much into this being given, as an indicator that he’s getting really ill. Rather, I think that they’re looking at this as treating the President of the United States and wanting to do every little thing possible even if as yet unproven.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                        Apparently he's been given a dose of Regeneron which seems as if it is in the experimental stage as a treatment. Reads to me that it provides anti-bodies to beat the virus to taking hold. I can't say I walked away from the comments feeling that this issue was anything remotely approaching "mild".

                        Maybe some of the medical professionals can give some input here.
                        Here is thread from 538 on Regeneron

                        https://mobile.twitter.com/Anna_Roth...35450279071745

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Adam$ View Post
                          I don't necessarily believe this one, but I did think she--Kellyanne-- was a 'usual suspect.'
                          Kellyanne did confirm that she has tested positive.

                          Only a small percentage of people who get COVID are particularly contagious, but those very contagious people are responsible for most of the spread.

                          Clearly someone who was very contagious was in the President's inner circle, based on the number of positive tests so far.

                          My thoughts and prayers go to all of the low wage workers who get COVID as a result of this through no choice of their own.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

                            Kellyanne did confirm that she has tested positive.

                            Only a small percentage of people who get COVID are particularly contagious, but those very contagious people are responsible for most of the spread.

                            Clearly someone who was very contagious was in the President's inner circle, based on the number of positive tests so far.

                            My thoughts and prayers go to all of the low wage workers who get COVID as a result of this through no choice of their own.
                            There's a picture which I cannot now find taken from above the attendees at the press conference introducting the SCOTUS nominee of KAC, Melania, and the two Senators who've caught the virus all sitting right near each other and without a face covering. Her daughter was highly critical of her mom being defiantly opposed to masks.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The President has started Remdesivir treatment tonight at Walter Reed, according to the White House doctor.


                              https://mobile.twitter.com/JenGriffi...37262038618117

                              Comment


                              • #45

                                Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien tests positive for COVID-19. Will quarantine. Has mild flu- like symptoms, acc to @JacquiHeinrich


                                https://mobile.twitter.com/JenGriffi...43452512555011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X